collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Had to scold the wife the other day!!  (Read 1878 times)

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Had to scold the wife the other day!!
« on: May 11, 2021, 09:27:06 AM »
Gently I might add  :chuckle:  Ran into a guy I see  regularly up Steel Head fishing while getting some plants for the garden. He's always digging for information ( unlike the rest of us  ;) ). Anyway, First thing he asks is if I'm catching any fish, where and how etc... I told him I haven't fished much since end of Steel Head (truth) but did manage a few trout  the other day. That's when it happened-- The wife, my wife, been with me 40 years, fished with me most of them, blurted out---"Ya, He caught a limit in less than an hour and they were all Huge!!" My jaw dropped. This guy looked a bit stunned as well but asked where. She was just in the middle of naming the lake when I went Whoa, Whoa there honey!! You can't just throw that kind of information out there like that in a crowded area!! She got a weird look on her face and asked why? I told her that these kind of discussions require tact, you have to play the game so to speak, especially with some one you don't know. This guy agreed with me and we all laughed about it.
I then reminded her of how long it took me to get her dads spots and techniques.

Offline atfulldraw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
Re: Had to scold the wife the other day!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 09:32:21 AM »
I have had the same conversations with my wife. Lol

Offline HikerHunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, NWTF, NRA, WHEIA
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 09:33:49 AM »
I seem to have a similar conversation with my wife each year, as a reminder, haha, great story!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 09:46:06 AM »
You lucky she didn't cut you off embarrassing her like that. Oh that's right you were already at that stage. :chuckle:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 11:16:59 AM »
Over trout???

Oh my.

Offline Farmer72

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 11:21:26 AM »
Trout today and the big bull elk you have been watching tomorrow.  You need to squash that quick. :chuckle:

Offline Fatherof5

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 11:39:16 AM »
That's why I don't take my wife!!!  :chuckle:

Offline highside74

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 11:41:50 AM »
Lol I'm right there with you but with my youngest son. He is honest to a fault with hunting success. We have now had a nice chat about TMI.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:00:31 PM by highside74 »

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 11:53:44 AM »
Gently I might add  :chuckle:  Ran into a guy I see  regularly up Steel Head fishing while getting some plants for the garden. He's always digging for information ( unlike the rest of us  ;) ). Anyway, First thing he asks is if I'm catching any fish, where and how etc... I told him I haven't fished much since end of Steel Head (truth) but did manage a few trout  the other day. That's when it happened-- The wife, my wife, been with me 40 years, fished with me most of them, blurted out---"Ya, He caught a limit in less than an hour and they were all Huge!!" My jaw dropped. This guy looked a bit stunned as well but asked where. She was just in the middle of naming the lake when I went Whoa, Whoa there honey!! You can't just throw that kind of information out there like that in a crowded area!! She got a weird look on her face and asked why? I told her that these kind of discussions require tact, you have to play the game so to speak, especially with some one you don't know. This guy agreed with me and we all laughed about it.
I then reminded her of how long it took me to get her dads spots and techniques.

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 12:02:20 PM »
Constantly reminding my kids.....you have no friends when it comes to hunting spots.....trust no one!!!   This is the one time in life it is OK to lie.   :chuckle: :chuckle:   I’ve worked hard to learn my areas and I have seen some ruined by loose lips. 

If my wife fired off like that.....she wouldn’t be allowed back in the boat.    :rolleyes:

Offline bhawley76

• Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 12:11:25 PM »
Reminds me of the saying, All fisherman are liars except you and me and I'm not to sure about you! :chuckle:

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 12:22:46 PM »
My wife did this just the other day.  I had to remind her all the secret spots I had as a kid are gone now.  :bdid:
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 12:40:57 PM »
Constantly reminding my kids.....you have no friends when it comes to hunting spots.....trust no one!!!   This is the one time in life it is OK to lie.   :chuckle: :chuckle: 

One of two times it is OK to lie, Fish size, especially the one that got away, it is not only OK, but encouraged!
 :hello:
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal