collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Blues Elk Substantial Decline and the Root Cause  (Read 34286 times)

Offline Seabass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Blues Elk Substantial Decline and the Root Cause
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2021, 08:34:20 PM »
Are the quotas ever filled?  Honestly don't know, but without hound hunting it'd be tough. Maybe need to start a go fund me account to fund a private, very large bounty on lions even if  it only helped make sure the quotas are at least filled. $3-4,000 bounty might get more out chasing em. Not sure of the legality.

Those cat’s won’t be the ultimate demise of hunting…those commissioner’s will be.

Offline baldopepper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2021, 08:46:35 PM »
Quote from: baldopepper 5link=topic=260750.msg3614533#msg3614533 date=1638505897
Are the quotas ever filled?  Honestly don't know, but without hound hunting it'd be tough. Maybe need to start a go fund me account to fund a private, very large bounty on lions even if  it only helped make sure the quotas are at least filled. $3-4,000 bounty might get more out chasing em. Not sure of the legality.

Those cat’s won’t be the ultimate demise of hunting…those commissioner’s will be.
not just a problem with the elk in the blues. Cat population is out of control all over the east side. Not that many years ago that seeing a lion was unusual, now it's very common around  me (except when I have rifle with me). Have nearly run over 2 since the start of the hunting season and seemed one of the kids saw one almost every day they were out(unfortunately not able to get a shot off)

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2021, 08:49:01 PM »

A lot of times the quotas for the units in the blues have been reached before the late season starts so you can’t even hunt them after the first of the year.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2021, 08:59:37 PM »

:yeah: I read the linked article. Pretty disgusting and hard to believe those 2 are commissioners

Offline Landowner

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2021, 05:35:12 PM »
Latest twist by some wildlife activists and a couple of WDFW commissioners about the substantial collared elk calf mortality —-the drop in elk population from 5600 to 3600 over 5 years  is perfectly normal—-because the Blues can’t sustain an elk population of 5600. Even though the WDFW staff and the Blue Mountain Elk Management Plan solidly say otherwise.  Stay tuned.  This is significant.     

Offline 85yota

• Scout
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2021, 02:09:17 PM »
Dori Monson had tom Nelson on to it was a good listen..the local tribes is saying this is another form of white supremecy

Offline Southpole

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2021, 05:25:48 PM »
Dori Monson had tom Nelson on to it was a good listen..the local tribes is saying this is another form of white supremecy
I believe it was solely directed at koontz.
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2021, 09:52:02 AM »
The root cause is not simple, bears, cats, wolves, lack of NF management, WDFW managing for bulls (forgot the cows have calves), crop damage management and I row in Seabass's boat (no pun intended), the commission and those who control it are the tap root.  Keep the pressure on for spring bear kill before calving season.

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2021, 09:57:15 AM »
I believe it was solely directed at koontz.

It was directed at Smith and Koontz
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline haus

• Too Tall
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2021, 03:54:46 PM »
Landowner thanks for your efforts and keeping us updated on here. What is the next step for the committee your on after receiving the study data?
RMEF

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2021, 10:32:23 PM »
We have a crisis on our hands for sure.  The crisis is Smith and Koontz… they can’t be more open with their mission to end all hunting.  They don’t care about anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline MR5x5

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2021, 09:22:04 AM »
Serious question.

Is there anything that prevents the tribes from going in a "managing" the various predators?

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2021, 09:59:11 AM »
Serious question.

Is there anything that prevents the tribes from going in a "managing" the various predators?
The simple answer is no.  While I'm always an advocate of cooperative management of a shared resource, it may be to everyone's interest for Tribes to take a leading role given WDFW is handicapped by state policies/politics/initiatives. 
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline MR5x5

• Longhunter
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2021, 11:03:48 AM »
Serious question.

The simple answer is no.  While I'm always an advocate of cooperative management of a shared resource, it may be to everyone's interest for Tribes to take a leading role given WDFW is handicapped by state policies/politics/initiatives.

Thanks.  Follow up.  Is there anything that prevent the tribes from "deputizing" non tribal members to help with such and effort?

Offline MR5x5

• Longhunter
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2021, 11:04:26 AM »
Serious question.

Thanks.  Follow up.  Is there anything that prevents the tribes from "deputizing" non tribal members to help with such and effort?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal