collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Going to Italy in two weeks!!  (Read 7486 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Going to Italy in two weeks!!
« on: May 16, 2021, 07:29:18 PM »
Finally today the wife and I can say we are going!! Been planned and booked for almost a year, and just today the airline confirmed we can go June 1st.  Just need a negative test before the flight! Spending a couple nights in Venice, then Rome and the last 2 weeks will be in Sicily! I think we are going to hit it perfectly, shouldn’t be packed!  Any ideas from people who have been to where we are going? Plan on a snorkel or dive trip and maybe a fishing trip once in Sicily.  Now I can start getting excited! 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
Re: Going to Italy in two weeks!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 07:55:23 PM »
Finally today the wife and I can say we are going!! Been planned and booked for almost a year, and just today the airline confirmed we can go June 1st.  Just need a negative test before the flight! Spending a couple nights in Venice, then Rome and the last 2 weeks will be in Sicily! I think we are going to hit it perfectly, shouldn’t be packed!  Any ideas from people who have been to where we are going? Plan on a snorkel or dive trip and maybe a fishing trip once in Sicily.  Now I can start getting excited!

Glass shops on the island outside Venice are cool. Coffee in piazza San Marco is a must.

Taormina is fun and decent shopping. There are some pretty cool ruins there. Meat market in Catania is an eye opener.

I’d do Portofino and Santa Margherita over Rome.

Dont drink any booze that has a volcano on the label.

Have fun!

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 09:11:48 PM »
Lots to see in that country, I’ve been to Italy several times and haven’t barely touched what’s to see.

Two days in Venice will be adequate, two days in Rome not so much. Rome has so much to see it’s mind boggling. Just hit the man attractions if you only have two days there.

Pic pockets AKA Gypsy kids are very crafty beware, one will be trying to sell crap to you while the others are relieving you of your pocket goodies.🤣

I carried a camera bag in front of me with my stuff in it all zipped up, plus wallet in front pants pocket, absolutely nothing in back pockets, or pockets with out zippers.😉

Never been to Sicily.

What’s the volcano booze Jay?

I know there ouzo used to have opium in it.🤯
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 09:53:31 AM »
Trophy- You should try and pick up some Zamberlan boots while your their,Prob half the price.  :tup:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 11:01:16 AM »
Trophy- You should try and pick up some Zamberlan boots while your their,Prob half the price.  :tup:
good idea! In fact I think a few good brands are made there, thanks.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 11:02:49 AM »
Lots to see in that country, I’ve been to Italy several times and haven’t barely touched what’s to see.

Two days in Venice will be adequate, two days in Rome not so much. Rome has so much to see it’s mind boggling. Just hit the man attractions if you only have two days there.

Pic pockets AKA Gypsy kids are very crafty beware, one will be trying to sell crap to you while the others are relieving you of your pocket goodies.🤣

I carried a camera bag in front of me with my stuff in it all zipped up, plus wallet in front pants pocket, absolutely nothing in back pockets, or pockets with out zippers.😉

Never been to Sicily.

thanks for the advice, I ordered a money belt today, that will keep everything secure. 

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 11:22:49 AM »
Money belts work, I have a small pouch on a string that sits under my shirt.  I've stuffed cards and money in my socks, generally anywhere except loose cargo or back pockets.  If it's super sketchy, I walk around with a hand in my pocket that has my wallet. 

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 12:07:45 PM »
I will have my head on a swivel, they will prob think I'm an a hole because I'll suspect everyone who walks by or near me!!   :chuckle:

Offline Sandberm

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 12:13:24 PM »
When asked where in the U.S. you are from, tell them Amanda Knox is a neighbor and how kick butt her parties are.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 12:21:29 PM »
Wow, that sounds like it's going to be fantastic. For me, that would be one of the ultimate foodie trips.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 12:22:49 PM »
When asked where in the U.S. you are from, tell them Amanda Knox is a neighbor and how kick butt her parties are.

:chuckle:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 12:24:46 PM »
Wow, that sounds like it's going to be fantastic. For me, that would be one of the ultimate foodie trips.  :tup:
Yeah our kedo diet will be over for the duration, in fact, we will slowly start eating some carbs about a week before we leave.  We don't want any stomach issues, might gain some weight, but their food doesn't contain most the BS stuff that we have in ours.  Fresh food markets will be a daily thing for us.

Online Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 12:27:45 PM »
Of those listed I've only been to Venice and did the touristy stuff. Hopefully the lines aren't long for some of the bigger attractions. Enjoy the food. They're terrible drivers out there, some of the worst I've seen in Europe.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2021, 12:28:19 PM »
Yeah our kedo diet will be over for the duration, in fact, we will slowly start eating some carbs about a week before we leave.  We don't want any stomach issues, might gain some weight, but their food doesn't contain most the BS stuff that we have in ours.  Fresh food markets will be a daily thing for us.

If you gain a few lbs and have a blast doing it, nothing is lost (literally!). My wife and I want to go to Thailand and we've decided no diet there or we'll starve.  :chuckle:

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2021, 12:50:38 PM »

Never been to Sicily.

thanks for the advice, I ordered a money belt today, that will keep everything secure.
with all my travels i place my wallet in my front pocket,no one could possibly steal it.dont talk to any of the loiters in the airport.HAVE A SAFE TRIP.  :tup:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]