collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Traitor - Ryan Busse  (Read 13990 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Traitor - Ryan Busse
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2021, 11:28:50 AM »
Can anyone share something positive that the Green Decoys group, part of the Environmental Policy Alliance has done for hunters? The group was created by a lobbyist for the oil and gas industry.... particularly to run smear campaigns on groups who were opposing fracking on public land (TRCP & BHA) and the transfer of public lands to states.... seem fishy? Do the lobbyist in the oil and gas industry have hunters and wildlife's best interest in mind?

Here is a list from the BHA website of some of their corporate sponsors - many of which are firearm manufacturers.
First Lite
Go Hunt
Vortex
Gerber
OnX
Savage Arms
Thompson/Center (part of the Smith and Wesson Brand)
Weatherby
CVA
Federal Premium Ammo
Sitka
Weston
FHF Gear

Do you think these companies just throw money around or do their due diligence on who they are supporting and putting their logo on? 

By the way, RMEF is partnering with TRCP and BHA right now on a program to open landlocked public land for access to hunters. The Mule Deer foundation recently partnered with BHA on the Safe Passage 97 project in the Okanagan.

Do these partnerships taint the work that RMEF and MDF do in your eyes? Do you think they would work with BHA if they had a hidden agenda?

If you don't like the fact that there are people whose political ideologies don't align with yours that are part of these groups, great that's your right and you are entitle to it. But, I am not sure how I see how backing into political corners and pointing fingers is going to be a productive game plan for hunting moving forward, or anything for that matter.

BHA and TRCP do one good thing IMO. It is the access issue you describe.  Unfortunately the other things they do overshadow it. I don't like the fact that they have supported increasing wilderness areas, and closing roads. Ironically reducing the kinds of access available.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2021, 11:33:29 AM »
Can anyone share something positive that the Green Decoys group, part of the Environmental Policy Alliance has done for hunters? The group was created by a lobbyist for the oil and gas industry.... particularly to run smear campaigns on groups who were opposing fracking on public land (TRCP & BHA) and the transfer of public lands to states.... seem fishy? Do the lobbyist in the oil and gas industry have hunters and wildlife's best interest in mind?

Here is a list from the BHA website of some of their corporate sponsors - many of which are firearm manufacturers.
First Lite
Go Hunt
Vortex
Gerber
OnX
Savage Arms
Weatherby
CVA
Federal Premium Ammo
Sitka
Weston
FHF Gear

Do you think these companies just throw money around or do their due diligence on who they are supporting and putting their logo on? 

By the way, RMEF is partnering with TRCP and BHA right now on a program to open landlocked public land for access to hunters. The Mule Deer foundation recently partnered with BHA on the Safe Passage 97 project in the Okanagan.

Do these partnerships taint the work that RMEF and MDF do in your eyes? Do you think they would work with BHA if they had a hidden agenda?

If you don't like the fact that there are people whose political ideologies don't align with yours that are part of these groups, great that's your right and you are entitle to it. But, I am not sure how I see how backing into political corners and pointing fingers is going to be a productive game plan for hunting moving forward, or anything for that matter.

BHA and TRCP do one good thing IMO. It is the access issue you describe.  Unfortunately the other things they do overshadow it. I don't like the fact that they have supported increasing wilderness areas, and closing roads. Ironically reducing the kinds of access available.

agreed and well stated
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline BowLake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2021, 11:50:16 AM »
Talk to the hunters and anglers in the eastern part of the country who can't get fuel to drive to go fishing or hunting, thanks to Biden closing down the keystone pipeline that will likely become more frequent across the country! We need oil and gas and the exploration and drilling and pipelines needed to obtain it. You better wake up tom the fact BHA is just a liberal front group that is essentially promoting preservation rather than conservation, pushing the democrat agenda, they definitely have their followers fooled into thinking they are for the greater good of sportsmen, I don't blame individual people for wanting to support our outdoors, but smart people want to know what the end game is really about with the groups they donate to!  :twocents:

How did a pipeline that was not producing oil or completed create a fuel shortage? Never understood that. Sounds like a convenient narrative to me.

I think I am awake believe it or not... I just draw a different conclusion when I look at their work and stances. I may not be the smartest, but I have a good understanding of their endgame and I am onboard.

I think their is value in a variety of organizations that all attack different topics and collaborate when necessary. Maybe I am a little too optimistic...

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2021, 12:24:05 PM »

First Lite
Go Hunt
Vortex
Gerber
OnX
Savage Arms
Weatherby
CVA
Federal Premium Ammo
Sitka
Weston
FHF Gear

agreed and well stated

I think RMEF made a deal with the devil on that one.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2021, 12:40:50 PM »
Talk to the hunters and anglers in the eastern part of the country who can't get fuel to drive to go fishing or hunting, thanks to Biden closing down the keystone pipeline that will likely become more frequent across the country! We need oil and gas and the exploration and drilling and pipelines needed to obtain it. You better wake up tom the fact BHA is just a liberal front group that is essentially promoting preservation rather than conservation, pushing the democrat agenda, they definitely have their followers fooled into thinking they are for the greater good of sportsmen, I don't blame individual people for wanting to support our outdoors, but smart people want to know what the end game is really about with the groups they donate to!  :twocents:

How did a pipeline that was not producing oil or completed create a fuel shortage? Never understood that. Sounds like a convenient narrative to me.

I think I am awake believe it or not... I just draw a different conclusion when I look at their work and stances. I may not be the smartest, but I have a good understanding of their endgame and I am onboard.

I think their is value in a variety of organizations that all attack different topics and collaborate when necessary. Maybe I am a little too optimistic...

Nice attempt to side step. You vilified oil and gas as being something bad, I elaborated that oil and gas are something needed in order to go hunting. That pipeline would have provided oil in the future, which is why I said "thanks to Biden closing down the keystone pipeline that will likely become more frequent across the country" that is speaking to more oil shortages in the future as a result of Biden's actions!

The bottom line the BHA seems to be a liberal tool to garner sportsman support on issues supported by their leaders, such as getting certain liberal candidates elected to office, stopping oil and gas, or closing more lands to users who are not capable of hiking in. The public land issue is a good issue, no hunters are opposed to that, none of the other sports groups are against public land hunting, I think it's just a feel good tool identified by BHA to recruit members and build enthusiasm to support their org. That's my opinion based on what I've seen, I am allowed to have my opinion just as you have yours!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline BowLake

• Tracker
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2021, 01:07:19 PM »

Nice attempt to side step. You vilified oil and gas as being something bad, I elaborated that oil and gas are something needed in order to go hunting. That pipeline would have provided oil in the future, which is why I said "thanks to Biden closing down the keystone pipeline that will likely become more frequent across the country" that is speaking to more oil shortages in the future as a result of Biden's actions!

The bottom line the BHA seems to be a liberal tool to garner sportsman support on issues supported by their leaders, such as getting certain liberal candidates elected to office, stopping oil and gas, or closing more lands to users who are not capable of hiking in. The public land issue is a good issue, no hunters are opposed to that, none of the other sports groups are against public land hunting, I think it's just a feel good tool identified by BHA to recruit members and build enthusiasm to support their org. That's my opinion based on what I've seen, I am allowed to have my opinion just as you have yours!

Yep, I stated before that you are entitled to your opinion. Never told you you were wrong.

Could you point out where I vilified that oil and gas industry? I stated that the oil and gas industry lobbyist (Berman) created a campaign to smear BHA. I then asked a question, if the oil and gas industry have the best interest of hunters and wildlife in mind? I personally don’t believe that they do.

The work that green decoy campaign ran was obviously effective.

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2021, 01:12:59 PM »

Yep, I stated before that you are entitled to your opinion. Never told you you were wrong.

Could you point out where I vilified that oil and gas industry? I stated that the oil and gas industry lobbyist (Berman) created a campaign to smear BHA. I then asked a question, if the oil and gas industry have the best interest of hunters and wildlife in mind? I personally don’t believe that they do.

The oil and gas industry is concerned about making money, that's what business does.  :dunno:
The same is true where any of us work!  :dunno:

The last time I went hunting or fishing it required fossil fuels to even get away from my home, hunters and anglers had better be supportive of oil and gas or we will not be out enjoying our favorite past time! It's really pretty simple if you get off your BHA soapbox and give it some honest thought?

Offline BowLake

• Tracker
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2021, 01:19:55 PM »

The oil and gas industry is concerned about making money, that's what business does.  :dunno:

The last time I went hunting or fishing it required fossil fuels to even get away from my home, hunters and anglers had better be supportive of oil and gas or we will not be out enjoying our favorite past time! It's really pretty simple if you get off your BHA soapbox and give it some honest thought?

I have spent a lot of time thinking about it. And as I said earlier I come to a different conclusion than you. I don’t disagree on fossil fuels being necessary, I just put more value on being pro-habitat and access then fossil fuel when it comes to public lands.

Again, while I don’t wholly agree with your view, I understand and appreciate it.

Have a good day, and good luck this upcoming season.

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2021, 02:06:30 PM »

I have spent a lot of time thinking about it. And as I said earlier I come to a different conclusion than you. I don’t disagree on fossil fuels being necessary, I just put more value on being pro-habitat and access then fossil fuel when it comes to public lands.

Again, while I don’t wholly agree with your view, I understand and appreciate it.

Have a good day, and good luck this upcoming season.

Wishing you a great season too!  :tup:

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2021, 05:43:42 PM »

First Lite
Go Hunt
Vortex
Gerber
OnX
Savage Arms
Weatherby
CVA
Federal Premium Ammo
Sitka
Weston
FHF Gear

I thought Kimber was a big time sponsor? What happened to them?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Bushcraft

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, NSSF, RMEF, RMGA, MDF, WSF, DU, HHC, WWC, WDAC
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2021, 06:59:47 PM »
Former Firearms Executive Ryan Busse Joins Giffords to Combat Gun Lobby Radicalization and Advance Responsible Gun Ownership.

Evidently he's under the impression that "shall not be infringed" is somehow "dangerously absolutist".

https://giffords.org/press-release/2021/06/former-firearms-executive-ryan-busse-joins-giffords/

Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill

Work hard. Hunt hard. Lift other hunters up.

*Proud supporter of NRA, NRA-ILA SCI, SCIF, SCI-PAC, NSSF, RMEF, RMGA, MDF, WSF, DU, WWA, HHC, WWC

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2021, 09:38:14 AM »
Former Firearms Executive Ryan Busse Joins Giffords to Combat Gun Lobby Radicalization and Advance Responsible Gun Ownership.

Evidently he's under the impression that "shall not be infringed" is somehow "dangerously absolutist".

https://giffords.org/press-release/2021/06/former-firearms-executive-ryan-busse-joins-giffords/

quote from the article- "Like me, the majority of gun owners no longer feel represented by the radical positions of the NRA and we reject the dangerous politics they fuel.”

I can relate with this.  I own 30+ guns and enjoy hunting/shooting with them, but I do not feel like the NRA represents me at all.  I think we have a gun problem in our country.  I do not pretend to know the solution to gun violence

Offline Bushcraft

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2021, 10:01:01 AM »

quote from the article- "Like me, the majority of gun owners no longer feel represented by the radical positions of the NRA and we reject the dangerous politics they fuel.”

I can relate with this.  I own 30+ guns and enjoy hunting/shooting with them, but I do not feel like the NRA represents me at all.  I think we have a gun problem in our country.  I do not pretend to know the solution to gun violence

Those are rookie numbers.  Haha...just kidding.  ;)

What is this "gun problem" of which you speak?

I submit (and the data backs this up) that if your response relates to literally anything besides violent revolving-door-justice-system criminals and gang-bangers shooting at each other and innocent bystanders...then there isn't a "gun problem".

I also submit that a viable solution (and common sense backs this up) would be to convert violent repeat offenders into worm food instead of coddling them for a few days, weeks, months or years before turning them back out on the street to wreak more havoc on our otherwise peaceful and productive social fabric.
Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill

*Proud supporter of NRA, NRA-ILA SCI, SCIF, SCI-PAC, NSSF, RMEF, RMGA, MDF, WSF, DU, WWA, HHC, WWC

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2021, 10:16:52 AM »

Those are rookie numbers.  Haha...just kidding.  ;)

What is this "gun problem" of which you speak?

I submit (and the data backs this up) that if your response relates to literally anything besides violent revolving-door-justice-system criminals and gang-bangers shooting at each other and innocent bystanders...then there isn't a "gun problem".

I also submit that a viable solution (and common sense backs this up) would be to convert violent repeat offenders into worm food instead of coddling them for a few days, weeks, months or years before turning them back out on the street to wreak more havoc on our otherwise peaceful and productive social fabric.

Yeah, I don't think we have a gun problem.    I think we have a societal problem.....   A value of life problem, if you will.

One of my son's graduated from Montana State University a couple years ago.   Freshmen have to stay in the dorms.   Interesting thing:  There are literally hundred of cased guns going into the dorm buildings on move-in day.   They have a HUGE gun room right in the dorm building where you check in your firearms.

Guess when the last time one of those guns was used in a crime?
Why:   The culture.

Why all the inner city shootings?     The culture.

If you teach people that they are victims, and give them the moral authority to do whatever they please, this is what you get.

Want to solve the gun problem:     Build a culture that values life and individual freedom.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 10:25:47 AM by Dan-o »
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Bushcraft

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2021, 10:35:50 AM »
 :yeah: :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]