collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2022 Ford Lightning Discussion  (Read 41911 times)

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
Re: 2022 Ford Lightning Discussion
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2022, 07:47:29 AM »
Reservations for Chevy's E-Silverado should open up today.

GMs Electric Chevy Silverado Is Coming Today. Watch the Timing and the Features. -- Barrons.com
10:20 AM ET 1/5/22 | Dow Jones
Al Root

Today is a big day for General Motors. The company is expected to unveil the all-electric Chevy Silverado pickup truck at the consumer electronics show in Las Vegas.

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2022, 08:08:55 AM »
Yup,
GM reservation start today 1pm eastern.  Pretty interesting coincidence that it happens the day before Lightning ordering starts..   Yeah no chance they have had it all ready and waiting to pull attention/media is frenzy off Ford's launch.  Gotta love the games they all play.

Lightning order banks go live tomorrow.  Build&price website went live yesterday.  Not super "happy" with how they have packages and battery upgrade setup.  Forcing thing on you for bigger battery and also not including some pretty normal items in base lariat package and forcing extend battery pack to get it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 08:31:45 AM by lamrith »

Offline CP

• Old Salt
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2022, 08:36:18 AM »
I see that the extended range battery is a $20K option for the F150-XLT but only $10k for the Lariat.  But they don't give the battery size. 

Might as well go for the Lariat @ $80,000

I wonder what the dealer fees will be?

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2022, 08:56:54 AM »
I see that the extended range battery is a $20K option for the F150-XLT but only $10k for the Lariat.  But they don't give the battery size. 

Might as well go for the Lariat @ $80,000

I wonder what the dealer fees will be?
Yeah they force xlt buyers to also add the $10k options package to get extended battery, ends up being $19500.  Pretty crappy setup, some hope maybe it is bad website coding.  Given the build and price does not even provide std features when you try to view details...,  Honestly is rediculous to force big option group for battery upgrade. 

Depends on dealer.  Rumor was some around country are saying up to $30k ADM. Capitalism or not, dealer like that can ,.!.. off imho.  Specially for something someone reserved.  If it hit thier lot and they paid for it/ not reserved have at it, but hosing reservation holder ....

I reserved at Korum because they are my local.  I have in writing no ADM.  But they also have a huge reservation list. Meaning should see more allocations, but who knows.  I reserved 6/4 and and around 240 on their list, they had over 100 on reveal day.

Fugate Ford as of Christmas week told me no ADM as well.

Offline 509

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2022, 08:58:50 AM »
400W solar panels are down to <$300 now.   Charging an EV at home without use of the energy grid is getting more economical every year that technology advances.  A 5kW system is large enough to charge the Lightning based on typical daily usage and sun availability in the PNW, and a 5kW complete solar power kit costs between $5k-$7K now. Installation will vary based on location, and how much of the install you can do yourself.  But with a 20 year warranty, we're talking $300-$500/yr total ammortized....which is less expensive than my annual gasoline costs.....

Where are you getting those price quotes??  Have you tried to actually get somebody to install a system???

I just added 1kW to my off-grid system.  I had the panels already installed on mounts. 

All I needed was for a licensed electrician to hook up the panels to the existing system.

It took me TWO years to find a licensed electrician that could do the install and he took it as a learning project!!!   

I paid him $3,000 to attach the panels to the existing system. 

My THREE rich neighbors from the coast all installed 5kW systems.  Cost for each install was $50,000.

EVERYBODY that has NEVER installed a solar-electric system always tells me how cheap they are!!!!

Offline CP

• Old Salt
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2022, 09:04:23 AM »
400W solar panels are down to <$300 now.   Charging an EV at home without use of the energy grid is getting more economical every year that technology advances.  A 5kW system is large enough to charge the Lightning based on typical daily usage and sun availability in the PNW, and a 5kW complete solar power kit costs between $5k-$7K now. Installation will vary based on location, and how much of the install you can do yourself.  But with a 20 year warranty, we're talking $300-$500/yr total ammortized....which is less expensive than my annual gasoline costs.....

Where are you getting those price quotes??  Have you tried to actually get somebody to install a system???

I just added 1kW to my off-grid system.  I had the panels already installed on mounts. 

All I needed was for a licensed electrician to hook up the panels to the existing system.

It took me TWO years to find a licensed electrician that could do the install and he took it as a learning project!!!   

I paid him $3,000 to attach the panels to the existing system. 

My THREE rich neighbors from the coast all installed 5kW systems.  Cost for each install was $50,000.

EVERYBODY that has NEVER installed a solar-electric system always tells me how cheap they are!!!!

Oh, so you're supposed to have a licensed electrician hook them up.   :rolleyes:  I've heard some people just do that themselves. 

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2022, 10:46:34 AM »
Install the panels, apply for an inspection, fix anything wrong and get signed off.

Finding someone to do anything right about now is not going to be easy or cheap.

Offline 509

• Hunter
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2022, 03:24:06 PM »
Install the panels, apply for an inspection, fix anything wrong and get signed off.

Finding someone to do anything right about now is not going to be easy or cheap.

I have a professional skill set. 

If I wanted to be an electrician I would have passed on my education and would have joined the union instead.  Too old to learn new tricks!!

I don't want to be an electrician.  Mine came pretty cheap at $95/hour charge. 

Knowing a trade these days is worth more than a professional degree in many cases.

I am convinced it is because the trades offer "better value" for the fees charged.

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2022, 03:28:17 PM »

I have a professional skill set. 

If I wanted to be an electrician I would have passed on my education and would have joined the union instead.  Too old to learn new tricks!!

I don't want to be an electrician.  Mine came pretty cheap at $95/hour charge. 

Knowing a trade these days is worth more than a professional degree in many cases.

I am convinced it is because the trades offer "better value" for the fees charged.

You complained about the wholesale systems I quoted (wholesale but ship direct to consumer as a complete kit with all instructions, diagrams, components, etc.). Those costs were from last spring, and didn't include installation.   Some of us are more handy than others.....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 03:35:18 PM by kselkhunter »

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2022, 06:28:26 AM »
So waves one and two in the books.  Korum said they got one wave 1 allocation. 

I have not asked about wave 2.  Probably changing dealers since they refuse to offer the Ford options plan.  One excuse after another, including "we don't have the documents for it".  Sorry, that is pretty lame when you use your own laziness to justify not offering your customer a valuable financing option created by Ford to help the consumer.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2022, 07:48:31 AM »

I have not asked about wave 2.  Probably changing dealers since they refuse to offer the Ford options plan.  One excuse after another, including "we don't have the documents for it".  Sorry, that is pretty lame when you use your own laziness to justify not offering your customer a valuable financing option created by Ford to help the consumer.

The cynic in me wonders if Ford's financing has limits on how far above MSRP they will finance.

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2022, 08:07:46 AM »
Possibly, though Korum and fugate have both committed to msrp pricing to me. 

Ford did put a memo to dealers about pricing, but it was related to dealers charging extra to place an order.

As excited as I am and wanting to order I am starting to think it might be good to wait.  Just for the inevitable bugs and to let someone else take the depreciation hit.  Drove a mach-e 2weeks ago, really liked it.  Know some have had problems on 1st launch and still.  Lightning should not given chassis is established.

Has me wondering what the used market will be in 2yrs when the mach-e are coming off lease...  Could be great time to get one.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 08:13:15 AM by lamrith »

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2022, 08:43:46 AM »
Hopefully we are in a more normal time in 2 years.

Wait, I said that 2 years ago...

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2022, 07:15:30 AM »
Possibly, though Korum and fugate have both committed to msrp pricing to me. 

Ford did put a memo to dealers about pricing, but it was related to dealers charging extra to place an order.

As excited as I am and wanting to order I am starting to think it might be good to wait.  Just for the inevitable bugs and to let someone else take the depreciation hit.  Drove a mach-e 2weeks ago, really liked it.  Know some have had problems on 1st launch and still.  Lightning should not given chassis is established.

Has me wondering what the used market will be in 2yrs when the mach-e are coming off lease...  Could be great time to get one.

2 weird recalls on the Mach E's so far and a bunch of software updates. If you're the type that will get excited about recalls, the Mach E is probably not for you at this point.  Windshield and pano roof adhesion issues. The glass comes out, epoxy primer gets applied and the windshield and roof get put back in. It takes us about 4-5 days to get it done. We've got a couple partner body shops doing them. There's also a software update recall that addresses multiple modules with multiple issues all at once. We're not really seeing any issues with them otherwise.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2022, 07:23:45 AM »

The cynic in me wonders if Ford's financing has limits on how far above MSRP they will finance.

Ford is being pretty tight re: second stickers. Dealers were pulling creating fake orders for Bronco then cancelling them once they showed up. They'd put huge second stickers on them and sell them on the lot and people would pay for them. Ford caught on and made it so dealers can't sell a new bronco to anyone unless they have a reservation # for one now. I assume the same will hold true for Lightning.
We're selling everything new at MSRP with no haggling. Company policy. The price is the price. Ford plans like X plan or whatever would trump that I guess. We don't sell a lot of new vehicles, but we don't do second stickers either.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101