collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2022 Ford Lightning Discussion  (Read 41922 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: 2022 Ford Lightning Discussion
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2022, 07:35:33 AM »
Wow, fun stuff there.

How are the dealers doing in general?  Sounds like volume may be way down but per vehicle profit way up?

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2022, 07:36:06 AM »
Recalls don't get me wound up, and none seem too significant honestly.  But at same time the cost of new vehicles it makes some sense to let others deal with new vehicle bugs etc.  I would not be happy paying monthly lease/loan plus insurance with no vehicle to drive for the month.  Then there is new vehicle depreciation.  Make lot of sense to wait out the initial rush and wait for lease turn ins...

Now if I lost my modded '13 SHO (that the entire family loves) I would be looking at a MACH-E GT AWD as the replacement.  Torn on std gt or PE.  I drove a premium 2weeks ago and it was not quite equal in power to my sho, so I would opt up to GT at least.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2022, 07:44:30 AM »
Wow, fun stuff there.

How are the dealers doing in general?  Sounds like volume may be way down but per vehicle profit way up?

I can't speak for others but yes,  new car profitability is very good. I'm with a luxury brand and essentially due to low volume available you pay msrp abd that's it. Used cars of course boomimg due to lack of new car inventory.  Imo, it's a great time to trade a used vehicle in on a new due to your inflated equity in the used car.  Just my  :twocents:.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2022, 07:49:47 AM »
Wow, fun stuff there.

New vehicle pricing is normal. Volume is down because inventory is down.
Used car volume and inventory are up as are prices, but we're having to pay more for them so I'm not sure profits are way up.
Selling cars is a struggle right now. Example...I have a really good service customer who wants to buy 4 new F350 chassis cabs. A couple hundred thousand dollars worth of trucks. We can't get them. Nobody can. 10-12 months we're being told.
We have zero new trucks on the ground here. We've got some new Escapes and Ecosports, but that's about it.  Put it this way....we've got used cars in our showroom to fill holes.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2022, 10:18:40 AM »
A higher trade in value just helps the offset of the huge increase price of the new vehicle ,  new prices are just stupid right now so I’ll keep driving my ‘11 Tacoma with 318,000 miles until prices get back to being realistic

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2022, 12:37:00 PM »
A higher trade in value just helps the offset of the huge increase price of the new vehicle ,  new prices are just stupid right now so I’ll keep driving my ‘11 Tacoma with 318,000 miles until prices get back to being realistic

All I meant was new vehicle prices aren’t inflated due to shortages. New vehicles are expensive but they’re not jacking prices based on demand.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2022, 01:02:24 PM »
Don't they usually sell for under MSRP in normal times?  Seems like MSRP is a good deal these days if you can find something in stock. 

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2022, 01:56:07 PM »

All I meant was new vehicle prices aren’t inflated due to shortages. New vehicles are expensive but they’re not jacking prices based on demand.

Not sure about that.  I've been looking at new GMC trucks, and the dealers are not shy about posting right on the ads that they are pricing around 5k over MSRP.  It wasn't that long ago that dealers sold trucks somewhere around 4-5-6k below MSRP.

Unless you are just talking about Fords..........
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 02:05:49 PM by Igor »
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2022, 02:34:19 PM »
USED trucks are Jacked up due to shortages..  My 2020 Cummins would sell for +10k$ probably.  :bash:
MAGA!  Again..

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2022, 03:11:44 PM »

Not sure about that.  I've been looking at new GMC trucks, and the dealers are not shy about posting right on the ads that they are pricing around 5k over MSRP.  It wasn't that long ago that dealers sold trucks somewhere around 4-5-6k below MSRP.

I work for a nationwide company. Prices are set, nationwide, and there's no haggling....but we don't second sticker either.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2022, 03:15:06 PM »
Don't they usually sell for under MSRP in normal times?  Seems like MSRP is a good deal these days if you can find something in stock. 

Nobody's doing deals because there aren't any vehicles available. There's no reason for us to sell trucks at less than MSRP.  I can't speak for all dealers whether or not they're marking up prices. We don't mark prices up on new vehicles. Maybe if we ever get an unsold '22 Raptor we might mark it up, or a GT500 or something like that. Regular pickups, etc. MSRP.

Ford has X plan, D plan, etc. There's no way around that if you're eligible for those plan prices you get those prices.

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2022, 03:15:52 PM »

I work for a nationwide company. Prices are set, nationwide, and there's no haggling....but we don't second sticker.

So, you are talking about the company you work for not jacking prices based on demand........not auto dealers in general?
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2022, 06:03:11 PM »

Nobody's doing deals because there aren't any vehicles available. There's no reason for us to sell trucks at less than MSRP.  I can't speak for all dealers whether or not they're marking up prices. We don't mark prices up on new vehicles. Maybe if we ever get an unsold '22 Raptor we might mark it up, or a GT500 or something like that. Regular pickups, etc. MSRP.

Ford has X plan, D plan, etc. There's no way around that if you're eligible for those plan prices you get those prices.
Do you know if your dealer ship will offer/accept the Options plan on Ford approved vehicles?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2022, 06:41:17 PM »

I work for a nationwide company. Prices are set, nationwide, and there's no haggling....but we don't second sticker.

So, you are talking about the company you work for not jacking prices based on demand........not auto dealers in general?

I certainly can’t speak for all car dealers. They’re mostly all independent dealers and privately owned businesses who make their own rules because they can. Maybe the way I should word it differently would be that the manufacturers are not raising MSRP’s on vehicles in these scenarios.
What another dealership does is up to them. With the exception of Tesla, the dealers are not owned or controlled by the Manufacturer. They can list a truck for $50k over MSRP if they want to. It’s not their fault if someone decides to pay for it.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2022, 06:41:35 PM »

Do you know if your dealer ship will offer/accept the Options plan on Ford approved vehicles?

No clue. I don’t even know what that is.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Reidus
[Today at 02:20:11 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw