collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2022 Ford Lightning Discussion  (Read 41951 times)

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
Re: 2022 Ford Lightning Discussion
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2022, 07:48:19 PM »
I saw a post on Reddit the other day of a window sticker for 130k for one, it was 65k for the truck with a 65k market adjustment line.  I’m not sure how many they will sell with that kind of mark up.

I do like the looks of the rivian truck and SUV but can’t get away from the diesel truck, I could see getting one of the rivian SUV’s for the wife since she is a stay at home mom but haven’t seen much for charging rivian around here.
It gets better.  I have ben seeing news the last few days that Ford is allowing Dealers to force buyers to sign a no sale agreement.  Meaning You placed your order, waited, paid whatever the dealer forced you to, and you are not allowed to sell your vehicle for a year.  You have to sell it back to the dealer, so they get to make all the profit.
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/06/22/ford-f150-lightning-markups-no-resale-policy/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGximMvdTnfgbksduFinmTqIaN5V5MUgvXZ81L0B0lkHcA0KWYblxDoik3sYytGeTdbtA2_v51oLcQont0j5QschnmOxkbhgmM23c2lGXQBRkK56cRveDlCjVozYd0I1BGMEct5mEj8-ApHZZNjWMoRLy3XhG43MCTPjiSKLlhgp

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2022, 07:40:48 AM »
It looks  :puke: :puke:

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2022, 01:53:06 PM »
Already recalled.

Offline Learo2000GT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2022, 02:27:35 PM »
Already recalled.

Small recall for TPMS (air pressure monitoring system) on 20-22 inch tires.   

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2022, 08:54:11 AM »
I saw a TFL video this morning where they towed a 6,000 travel trailer on the freeway with the lightning. It went 86 miles on a full charge. It’s not meant for long range towing but I wonder if there’ll ever be an electric pickup that can make a trip with a trailer?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2022, 01:08:39 PM »
Already recalled.

Dozens of recalls on dozens of vehicle makes and manufacturers.  I don't even blink at recalls anymore.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2022, 01:51:19 PM »
I saw a TFL video this morning where they towed a 6,000 travel trailer on the freeway with the lightning. It went 86 miles on a full charge. It’s not meant for long range towing but I wonder if there’ll ever be an electric pickup that can make a trip with a trailer?

3 motor Tesla Cyber truck has an estimated towing range of 250 miles and a tow capacity of 14k pounds.

https://tractionlife.com/cybertruck-towing-capacity-and-payload-specs/

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2022, 02:44:16 PM »

3 motor Tesla Cyber truck has an estimated towing range of 250 miles and a tow capacity of 14k pounds.

If you showed up in the Methow valley in one of those Tesla Cyber trucks, Jingles and his buddies would be throwing rocks at you !!
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2022, 03:14:22 PM »
The big difference between the Ford and the Tesla is the Ford actually exists. :chuckle:

There are electric semi trucks and commercial delivery trucks in advanced testing right now, I would imagine that it could trickle down to the consumer market but I wonder if the manufacturers are unsure what the demand would be.  Most of the guys around this site seem to say they would never own one.  It may be the market for electric trucks is mostly short easy tows and around town stuff.

I tow a 3k boat 35 miles roundtrip, it would work for everything but my hunting trips and long road trips as is.  I think with the capacity they have right now, the bigger question is how fast can they make charging and how many charger locations can they install?  I wouldn't mind two stopping MT if it was 15-20 minutes a stop, but 3-4 stops and some stops at an hour is a no-go.

It's only a matter of time.

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2022, 07:45:31 PM »

I think they’re being pretty optimistic on that, unless they’re only considering a flat deck trailer

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2022, 08:25:50 PM »

I think they’re being pretty optimistic on that, unless they’re only considering a flat deck trailer
with a tailwind.

Elon has never had a concept vehicle he did not overpromise and under deliver..  Plus honestly it is hideous.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #206 on: June 28, 2022, 08:39:09 PM »
The side windows are impact resistant too.   :chuckle:

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2022, 12:01:34 PM »

with a tailwind.

Elon has never had a concept vehicle he did not overpromise and under deliver..  Plus honestly it is hideous.

It is really ugly. It looks like it was designed by a drunk third grader

Offline Zardoz

• Meme Lord
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: NRA,GOA
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2022, 11:33:31 AM »

:rolleyes:

https://www.westernjournal.com/journalists-tow-camper-behind-electric-truck-end-stunning-failure-make-85-miles/
“It is the responsibility of the patriot to protect his country from its government.”—Thomas Paine

Certa Bonum Certamen
SILENCE LIKE A CANCER,...GROWS.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2022, 03:38:08 PM »

:rolleyes:

https://www.westernjournal.com/journalists-tow-camper-behind-electric-truck-end-stunning-failure-make-85-miles/

They're not designed for towing long distances.
:dunno:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal