collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: California AR Ban over Turned  (Read 7267 times)

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
Re: California AR Ban over Turned
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2021, 11:01:09 AM »
If we're done bashing the NRA, my AR identities as a Swiss Army knife.

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2021, 12:07:30 PM »

And you are the one who is grasping at straws, trying to defend a corrupt organization.

Enjoy your cool aid.

Well, I know many LEOs who have benefited from NRA-initiated and NRA-sponsored training.  They put their lives on the line on a daily basis, and it's my belief that the intense training they have received, and will continue to benefit from, has come in large part from the NRA.

It's not my intent to "defend a corrupt organization".  I just don't agree with those who continue to bad-mouth them without fully understanding/acknowledging the positive contributions they have made, and will continue to make.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 12:17:11 PM by Igor »
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2021, 12:21:51 PM »
The NRA has its problems, especially at the top. But it's prudent to remember that they train more civilians, military, and LE in gun safety and handling than all of the other organizations combined. Aside from the sometimes questionable politics and the exorbitant spending by their executives, they play a very important role in our 2nd Amendment rights. That's not to say you shouldn't support other organizations like SAF and GOA. Supporting multiple organizations is essential. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. We still need at least some of what they supply, IMO.

If gun owners had cut off LaPierre's luxury spending fund a few years ago then the organization could have reformed. They would have given him the boot if revenue dropped.

So some of us view defending the current NRA as working against what the NRA once was. LaPierre is a scummy executive and a half assed hunter. That elephant hunting video was a total embarrassment.

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2021, 12:24:27 PM »

And you are the one who is grasping at straws, trying to defend a corrupt organization.

Enjoy your cool aid.

It's not my intent to "defend a corrupt organization".  I just don't agree with those who continue to bad-mouth them without fully understanding/acknowledging the positive contributions they have made, and will continue to make.

I’m sure some would think that Planned Parenthood does some good things. Should they be given a pass for the bad stuff too?

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2021, 12:26:29 PM »

Enjoy your cool aid.

I’m sure some would think that Planned Parenthood does some good things. Should they be given a pass for the bad stuff too?

Now who is grasping at straws ???
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2021, 12:43:40 PM »
The NRA has its problems, especially at the top. But it's prudent to remember that they train more civilians, military, and LE in gun safety and handling than all of the other organizations combined. Aside from the sometimes questionable politics and the exorbitant spending by their executives, they play a very important role in our 2nd Amendment rights. That's not to say you shouldn't support other organizations like SAF and GOA. Supporting multiple organizations is essential. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. We still need at least some of what they supply, IMO.

If gun owners had cut off LaPierre's luxury spending fund a few years ago then the organization could have reformed. They would have given him the boot if revenue dropped.

So some of us view defending the current NRA as working against what the NRA once was. LaPierre is a scummy executive and a half assed hunter. That elephant hunting video was a total embarrassment.

I don't disagree. I'm only commenting on the firearms training aspect of the organization. And, you'll note, I encourage people to sign up with other organizations who are more effective politically.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2021, 10:26:19 PM »
A three judge panel of the 9th Circuit put the judge's order on hold. The panel consisted of Trump, Obama, and Clinton appointees.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline highside74

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2021, 11:09:18 PM »
Of course the 9th circuit did. They are the worst.

Offline callturner

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
    • n/a
  • Groups: nra
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2021, 06:55:04 AM »

I don't disagree. I'm only commenting on the firearms training aspect of the organization. And, you'll note, I encourage people to sign up with other organizations who are more effective politically.
[/quote]
Other organizations are great and a big help. But there are NONE that are more effective politically!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]