collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Finally ordered a suppressor  (Read 9978 times)

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Finally ordered a suppressor
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2021, 12:50:30 PM »
Awesome guys, thanks for all of the comments!

Anyone heard of silencer central? They claim suppressors in as little as 8 weeks, and shipped directly to your door :dunno:

No such thing.  Suppressors are heavily taxed by the feds and the approval wait is long and tedius. It's illegal for them to ship directly to you, much like it's illegal to direct ship a firearm now.

That’s how I understand it. Steve Rinella (meateater) recently posted about this shop, and that he was going to try it out. Haven’t heard of this until now...

https://www.silencercentral.com/

Interesting,  I don't see how they circumvent the federal approval and delivery process. Even after being approved the silencer still has to be delivered via form 4473. I did watch the video but he didn't mention an 8 week turn around. I'd be interested to see how they actually deliver the suppressor.

Me too...since the fed requite the 4473 to be filled out in person at the premises or gun show.

https://www.atf.gov/file/104741/download

Appears you can e-sign

Offline Farmer72

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2021, 01:08:30 PM »
You can e-sign a 4473 for but the dealer has to has a variance to do that and you still have to be present as they are required to verify your ID and that you are who you say you are.

Offline STEVO85

• Tracker
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2021, 09:12:44 PM »
It's not impossible to get a form 4 approval that quick just highly unlikely. Typically the fastest way would be to order a form 1 suppressor kit and go through the form 1 process. That can take as little as 5 weeks or the same length as a form 4, just depends. The kit can ship directly to you but you can't drill it out until you have your paperwork back.
Reading the website linked, it looks like they set up your trust, send in your packet, then send the can to their closest dealer to you and you would pick it up there once you get approved.
 One of my local dealers is an indoor range so at least you can still play with your item before your stamp arrives.

Offline PNWNick96

• Pilgrim
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2021, 12:21:29 PM »
It's not impossible to get a form 4 approval that quick just highly unlikely. Typically the fastest way would be to order a form 1 suppressor kit and go through the form 1 process. That can take as little as 5 weeks or the same length as a form 4, just depends. The kit can ship directly to you but you can't drill it out until you have your paperwork back.
Reading the website linked, it looks like they set up your trust, send in your packet, then send the can to their closest dealer to you and you would pick it up there once you get approved.
 One of my local dealers is an indoor range so at least you can still play with your item before your stamp arrives.

I don't believe that is true. I ordered a suppressor from them about 2 months ago. They handled all of the paperwork except the fingerprints obviously. They have not asked for where I preferred them to ship it to. Also, I believe it would be illegal to use the suppressor without having it approved.

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2021, 07:00:26 PM »

Also, I believe it would be illegal to use the suppressor without having it approved.
It's not illegal,  pretty sure his local dealer is the also mine . I've played with mine alot before I got the stamp.back .
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

Offline Wolfdog2314

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2021, 11:18:10 PM »
Well everything is submitted. The wait begins. They told me they’ve been having some finished in as little as 4 months lately. I won’t keep my hopes up tho.

Offline ASHQUACK

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2021, 08:37:28 AM »
Well everything is submitted. The wait begins. They told me they’ve been having some finished in as little as 4 months lately. I won’t keep my hopes up tho.
From stamp cash to today I'm at 191 days. The person I spoke with at the fed said they are averaging 210 days right now. I'm hoping to have mine in time to sight in and use it during our youth hunts. But I'm not to optimistic.

Offline ASHQUACK

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2021, 10:34:16 PM »
Supressor ordered 11/28
Stamp cashed 12/22
Supressor delivered 07/24
Pretty excited to get the call.

Offline Wolfdog2314

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2021, 04:33:58 AM »
Supressor ordered 11/28
Stamp cashed 12/22
Supressor delivered 07/24
Pretty excited to get the call.

Wow very nice, not bad.

My stamp was cashed 7/13. Can’t wait!

Offline NWShooter

• Hunter
  • Groups: RockyMountain Elk foundation, Mule Deer Foundation, NRA.
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2021, 11:16:42 AM »
Some advice. If you are looking for solid accuracy. Run suppressors direct thread.
A empty vessel makes the most noise.

"Every normal man must be tempted , at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Offline 10mmg

• Scout
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2021, 12:33:14 PM »
Check cashed 12/31/20
Approved 8/04/21
Stamp 30-45 days out

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2021, 11:25:42 AM »
Did mine through Silencer Central.  Can't wait!  Hope to have mine by my Birthday in March, sooner would be awesome!  :)
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2022, 08:14:29 PM »
I finally “pulled the trigger” on a suppressor today. Thunderbeast Ultra Gen 2 7”. I ordered it with the internal CB brake mount.

So this thing should ship to the FFL address that I put down on the website. And once it gets there they call me to come in and do the paperwork/fingerprint/tax stamp right? I ordered it from Mile High Shooting Accessories.

Worth it to have my gunsmith install the mount? It looks like it comes with the “peel” washers to get the brake in the right position. Doesn’t look too hard I guess.

Anything else a guy needs to know about these things? I’ll be running it on my Ridgeline 6.5 PRC for the most part. Eventually I’ll get a mount for my 300 wsm too.

Going to be a long wait, but I’m excited.  8)

I have the exact same supressor in jail since February 25th. I am hoping that I have it by hunting season. I'll let you know how it shoots.

Well it did not make it here by hunting season but I got the call today that I can go pick my supressor up. It took exactly 1 year.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2022, 04:14:46 AM »
I just bought one to.  Waiting time are now 4-6 months. 

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2022, 06:45:48 AM »
I just bought one to.  Waiting time are now 4-6 months. 

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Good luck with that, when I bought mine they told me they thought I would have it before August. Here we are 6 months after that. If they have sped up, that is great.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]