collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: BEST JEEP TIRE!!! lets hear it.  (Read 11356 times)

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
Re: BEST JEEP TIRE!!! lets hear it.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2021, 05:42:57 PM »
Duratracs on jeep and chevy 3/4 crew long box. performing wayyyyy better than BFG's for me.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2021, 08:46:05 AM »
A Jeep vs a Diesel truck.  Tires arent the same due to weight and load.ply rating.  Something to keep in mind.  I struggle to find good HD tire that lasts like Dads Toyota's tires do!   :chuckle:  Geolanders were great for him years ago and lasted for ever it seems.  Toyo AT2 were a good tire for me years back.  Duratracs were great on Ol F350 but they do wear sorta quick. Good luck.  All I can say is it sounds like ya want AT and not MT.  I agree, MT are over rated and $$.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2021, 09:01:03 AM »
I ran Nitto trail grapplers on my Diesel, liked them, but they're shot now. 

Got around really good with them, didn't last huge long time though. 

32.5 tall 12 wide (ish) I don't know exact size off top of my head.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2021, 09:18:35 AM »
Replaced Duratracs with Patagonias just for stronger sidewall.   Lil stiffer but not much ride difference.   Duratracs were good - but 2 not 3 ply sidewall.  Don’t think you can beat duratracs on ice packed snow
Pretty sure the patagonias is what's on my truck now.
Seem alright so far.
If I remember right right bought online at Amazon or walmart. For a pretty reasonable price.
I do remember les swabs was gonna charge me 300 a tire for there brand.Got the Patagonia for like 150 a tire ,that's half the price.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2021, 09:34:08 AM »
Replaced Duratracs with Patagonias just for stronger sidewall.   Lil stiffer but not much ride difference.   Duratracs were good - but 2 not 3 ply sidewall.  Don’t think you can beat duratracs on ice packed snow
Pretty sure the patagonias is what's on my truck now.
Seem alright so far.
If I remember right right bought online at Amazon or walmart. For a pretty reasonable price.
I do remember les swabs was gonna charge me 300 a tire for there brand.Got the Patagonia for like 150 a tire ,that's half the price.
something to keep in mind with local tire shops though are the replacement warranty you can get.
back on the road in 2 hours rather than a week.
most tire shops will match online prices for same tires obviously.  i usually watch for sales, or go through discount tire direct, which is discount tires online store

Offline ALLTERRAIN

• Tracker
  • Groups: wenatchee mtn. masters, pnw4wda
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2021, 09:20:18 PM »
For what you’re looking at doing you might take a look at Firestone destination xt. I’ve got a set on my Comanche and really impressed how they did during hunting season and winter. It’s my daily driver. We’re also starting to run them on our fleet vehicles and seem to be holding up good.

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2021, 03:13:47 PM »
Cooper ST Max or Goodyear Duratrac. My last three sets of tires of been Duratracs and they've outperformed the BFG's and Toyo's by a longshot.

That Duratrac came on our new GMC AT 4. Worst tire I have ever had on a pick up. 20K miles they start getting loud and bad on wet pavement. No noticeable wear. 30K miles they howl and have a nice howl vibration. Currently, at 42K miles they get terrible traction on wet pavement, make the inside of a new truck sound like a Willies Jeep with 1940 military surplus tires. All my rigs have BFGs. Waiting for winter to ditch the misery of the Duratrac hell.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline phildobaggins

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • big buck big buck big buck
  • Groups: RMEF, MDF
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2021, 03:50:38 PM »
Cooper ST Max or Goodyear Duratrac. My last three sets of tires of been Duratracs and they've outperformed the BFG's and Toyo's by a longshot.

That Duratrac came on our new GMC AT 4. Worst tire I have ever had on a pick up. 20K miles they start getting loud and bad on wet pavement. No noticeable wear. 30K miles they howl and have a nice howl vibration. Currently, at 42K miles they get terrible traction on wet pavement, make the inside of a new truck sound like a Willies Jeep with 1940 military surplus tires. All my rigs have BFGs. Waiting for winter to ditch the misery of the Duratrac hell.

You're correct, they are noisier and outperformed by the BFG's on wet pavement, for sure :) But they'll kick your BFG's ass in the snow and mud, or any other off-road condition.   :chuckle:

Duratracs on jeep and chevy 3/4 crew long box. performing wayyyyy better than BFG's for me.

:tup: :tup:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 03:56:33 PM by phildobaggins »

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2021, 09:18:56 AM »
My wife has a Wrangler with a leveling kit on it which is approx a 2" lift and she has had 33x12.5x18 Toyo Open Country M/T on it for a couple years now and they have been good so far. Not to bad for road noise and the wear has been good.

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2021, 11:44:11 AM »
Patagonia on the Jeep and Cooper on the truck. Patagonia's dont have a heavy enough sidewall for heavy duty trucks. Toyo's are great for the first 20k then they get too stiff and are crap in the rain. On the truck I run the Toyo's out in the summer and coopers for hunting season. Have been happy with Patagonia's on the jeep and will prob buy another set.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2021, 09:53:22 PM »

You're correct, they are noisier and outperformed by the BFG's on wet pavement, for sure :) But they'll kick your BFG's ass in the snow and mud, or any other off-road condition.   :chuckle:

Smoking crack. Duratraks are junk compared to BFGs from day one. I drive up and down the west cost summer and winter. The Duratraks are probably the worst tire I've ever had on a vehicle
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2021, 10:55:59 PM »

Smoking crack. Duratraks are junk compared to BFGs from day one. I drive up and down the west cost summer and winter. The Duratraks are probably the worst tire I've ever had on a vehicle

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:  Duratracs better on ice and packed snow.  Also grip well on rocks but sidewall is 2 ply. 

Duratracs come in different ply ratings.  If you put a d rated on a 3/4 ton you wont be happy.

But if you matchbthe tire to your vehicle they are tough to beat except for sidewall strength. 

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2021, 06:20:15 AM »

LOLOL.....at 20K, 2 sets of BFG's I had in a row would not pass the penny test (2nd set was warranty to cover the poor performance of the 1st set).....@ 30K I would have been running on my rims. To each their own.  Also, if you are using these typr tires to "drive up and down the west coast"   you may want to look at different tires for highway driving. JS  ;)
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2021, 07:15:56 AM »
They came on the 1500 AT 4. I've had 3 sets of BFGs on my  2500, 3 sets on my F 350. All got 50k wore nice and great traction till they're down to nothing.

The Duratracs on our 2020 at 4 with 40k look great. They just sound like a B 17 bomber going down the road. That sucks ass in a new truck. And they don't get good traction
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline phildobaggins

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • big buck big buck big buck
  • Groups: RMEF, MDF
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2021, 08:54:56 AM »
They came on the 1500 AT 4. I've had 3 sets of BFGs on my  2500, 3 sets on my F 350. All got 50k wore nice and great traction till they're down to nothing.

The Duratracs on our 2020 at 4 with 40k look great. They just sound like a B 17 bomber going down the road. That sucks ass in a new truck. And they don't get good traction

I guess "your mileage may vary"  8)

LOLOL.....at 20K, 2 sets of BFG's I had in a row would not pass the penny test (2nd set was warranty to cover the poor performance of the 1st set).....@ 30K I would have been running on my rims. To each their own.  Also, if you are using these type tires to "drive up and down the west coast"   you may want to look at different tires for highway driving. JS  ;)

Haha yea that  :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1