collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: fishing regs  (Read 7080 times)

Offline The Gobble-stopper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: fishing regs
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2021, 04:32:14 AM »
I havnt found printed regs yet. WDFW needs to learn that not everyone has access to internet or has a smart phone. And I agree the new online sight is crap, you cant find anything anymore. Wish they would put it back like it was 10 years ago. Seems like they are hiding the fact that there are people in WA t
hat hunt and fish.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2021, 06:05:45 AM »
I havnt found printed regs yet. WDFW needs to learn that not everyone has access to internet or has a smart phone. And I agree the new online sight is crap, you cant find anything anymore. Wish they would put it back like it was 10 years ago. Seems like they are hiding the fact that there are people in WA t
hat hunt and fish.
WDFW said a few weeks ago that there are printing delays due to COVID.

And as far as the internet and smart phone, better get used to it. Some states have already stopped printing regs and gone entirely digital, my guess is WA will soon follow.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2021, 06:18:47 AM »
well they better up their game.. its pure junk

• Scout
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2021, 02:10:01 PM »
Any updates on where to get the fishing regs? Centralia and Chehalis, nothing yet! I have six families I am trying to get them for. None of them use smart phones or computor. I borrow a tablet to get on this sight. And the WDFW sight is junk and too hard to find things on. Plus someone else mentioned keeping one on the boat for reference, how do you do that if you have a phone with no reception?

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2021, 02:14:20 PM »
You can update your phone app before you leave.  I fish salt 95% of the time and get good coverage just about everywhere.  I do usually have a paper copy as a backup as sometimes the app hangs up refreshing and is useless.

I haven't seen paper copies yet.

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2021, 03:19:09 PM »
I personally usually have 4 copies of the paper regs. I don't do the phone thing, Have an old flip phone that get's no bars any where and is usually off some where in the pu. 1 copy is in the bathroom as reading material, 1 in the living room for when the wife is watching some stupid show, 1 is always in the boat (not running now) 1 in the pu, and there is usually one on the kitchen table.
The one in the PU is usually highlighted with all the applicable rules to the area I fish Steel-head. You would not believe how many people fish who have no clue.
I also carry printed copies  of any updated emergency rule changes. Had to show them a time or two to people that should have been briefed prior to shift.

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2021, 10:27:22 PM »
Exactly what I am saying! I only have a flip phone also. I called the dept. Back on the first week of july. They said that the pamphlets were being made local, and that for at least our area they would be mailed by the 12th. Does it take more then 12 days to show up locally from somewhere local? I talked to a local sports seller that said that WDFW wouldnt even let them place an order for them. I guess I wont be giving the dept any money anytime soon. Because I refuse to go fishing, not knowing the rules for this year.

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2021, 10:39:09 PM »
I’m trying to figure out what they problem is… everyone posting on this thread can look up the regs with the same internets they use to browse the forum.

It is also beneficial to look up emergency rule changes especially when fishing salmon, steelhead etc. before going out.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2021, 06:56:26 AM »
I’m trying to figure out what they problem is… everyone posting on this thread can look up the regs with the same internets they use to browse the forum.

It is also beneficial to look up emergency rule changes especially when fishing salmon, steelhead etc. before going out.

Part of the problem is the re direct to the e-regulations site. Its clunky, jumbled and a PIA. I had to screen shot the pages I wanted regs from because going into every time I wanted to check something took forever.  Some guys don't have smart phones, have slow phones, or poor data plans so this reliance on technology to be able to check the rules and regs doesn't work for everyone. Paper regs are just easier. But apparently WDFW cant figure out how to print them.

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2021, 07:47:30 AM »

Problem here is, I have to borrow a tablet and use neighbors wifi everytime I want to look something up. And he is getting grumpy. Hard to memorize the whole pamphlet in a few trips. I do not have internet, or a computor or a smart phone. And when I rarely get that chance to look things up, the WDFW sight is too messed up. There are a lot of us in the same boat, we need paper copies!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2021, 09:02:09 AM »
This is ridiculous, glad I'm not the only one thinks the online site sucks.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2021, 09:07:54 AM »
The first several times I used it I thought it was a hijacked site, it's so full of advertising and misleading links to pull you away to sites you don't want to be on they should be ashamed.  In many other states there would be serious heat and questions being asked.

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2021, 09:26:18 AM »
The first several times I used it I thought it was a hijacked site, it's so full of advertising and misleading links to pull you away to sites you don't want to be on they should be ashamed.  In many other states there would be serious heat and questions being asked.

I wonder if the state is actually using that site to create revenue?

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2021, 09:30:38 AM »
Yes lol

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2021, 09:38:26 AM »
Everything they do is to generate revenue with little or no return to the public.

And the people continue to enable them by throwing more money at them. We fight over the scraps they offer.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 09:57:15 AM by Ridgeratt »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan