collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: fishing regs  (Read 7079 times)

Offline HillHound

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
Re: fishing regs
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2021, 09:49:57 AM »
I don’t see how we can be held accountable if they can’t even provide the rules to us. Could they pull us over for speeding if they just stop posting any of the speed limits but made them available online so we can look up any road we were on to see how fast we should be going. This whole new website is just a piece of crap and As already said is good for nothing but redirecting you to sponsors websites. I can say I am honestly guilty of just saying screw it and going with the rules that I thought/new to be legal because I couldn’t find it mixed in with all of their garbage. So who knows maybe I was breaking the law maybe I wasn’t. Probably would be interesting to ask them to point the violation out to you in the regulations if you were busted…… They say ignorance of the law is no excuse but if they never tell us what the dang law is how is that ignorance,  that’s not being informed

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2021, 09:50:08 AM »
Everything they do is to generate revenue with little or no return to the public.

I guess thats my point.

We get less and less while they charge more and more.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2021, 10:46:47 AM »
I don’t see how we can be held accountable if they can’t even provide the rules to us. Could they pull us over for speeding if they just stop posting any of the speed limits but made them available online so we can look up any road we were on to see how fast we should be going. This whole new website is just a piece of crap and As already said is good for nothing but redirecting you to sponsors websites. I can say I am honestly guilty of just saying screw it and going with the rules that I thought/new to be legal because I couldn’t find it mixed in with all of their garbage. So who knows maybe I was breaking the law maybe I wasn’t. Probably would be interesting to ask them to point the violation out to you in the regulations if you were busted…… They say ignorance of the law is no excuse but if they never tell us what the dang law is how is that ignorance,  that’s not being informed

I know a guy that got a ticket last year for "violating department rule" that wasn't written anywhere on their website, in the regulations, on the app, anywhere on the license or paperwork or in the laws.  Literally it wasn't printed anywhere.  Warden said it was "common sense" and he should have known or called the department to ask.  His choice was to take a day off to fight it and lose money or pay and get on with life.

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2021, 11:11:41 AM »

I know a guy that got a ticket last year for "violating department rule" that wasn't written anywhere on their website, in the regulations, on the app, anywhere on the license or paperwork or in the laws.  Literally it wasn't printed anywhere.  Warden said it was "common sense" and he should have known or called the department to ask.  His choice was to take a day off to fight it and lose money or pay and get on with life.
what was the rule?

Offline HillHound

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2021, 11:59:21 AM »
Sounds like he ran into one of those LEO‘s that love to waste the judges time. Just throw charges at everyone and see what sticks to the wall. I really don’t appreciate when they get that attitude of it’s not my job to investigate I just hand out tickets talk to the judge. It actually is their job to investigate to find  out if the ticket is actually just or not. And I believe the argument of common sense went out the window years ago. If the last couple years hasn’t shown everyone that peoples version of common sense can be polar opposites I don’t know what will

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2021, 12:12:36 PM »
I wonder how this would work with the new rules that have been put in place. That are effecting the local departments.  Since they are commissioned enforcement.

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2021, 12:17:20 PM »
Reading this thread I thought I’d go to their site & see if it’s thst bad, since I don’t live there anymore (thankfully). Following their links sent me to eregulations.com or something like that. They had a picture of the regs, but I couldn’t open it, download it, save it, nothin.  Once I cleared away all the ads, first. What a bunch of crap, but I’m not surprised.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 04:58:28 PM by follow maggie »

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2021, 01:05:03 PM »
I use the app.

Click on the body of water you’re fishing. Updates and restrictions pop up

Offline allen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2021, 02:38:01 PM »
Found them today in Oregon of all places, Fisherman Marine Supply in Portland.  Called Sportsman's Warehouse, they have them also.  Not bad WDFW, only a month late.  As far as the App goes, it does you no good where there is no cell coverage, i.e. the Lewis River, Merwin, Yale and probably many more locations.  And the next person who says "well you can get it online" as if that's an excuse for WDFW's failure, I just want to slap them.  I want the pamphlet!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who contributed to this post.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2021, 02:51:00 PM »
I was at Vancouver Sportsman's WH on Thursday.  They had no idea when they would get them.  I guess I need to make another trip.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline callturner

• Longhunter
    • n/a
  • Groups: nra
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2021, 05:13:56 PM »
They are out around Spokane. Sportsmans Whse, Ace hardware.

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2021, 06:19:01 PM »
had both the new fishing regs and hunting regs in my hands on Wednesday and forgot to bring them home.

Offline The Gobble-stopper

• Scout
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2021, 07:23:37 AM »
They finally showed up in Chehalis. Small quantity

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2021, 01:10:32 PM »
3 rivers had some last week

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2021, 04:41:38 PM »
Got a couple of copies today at sportsman's in Kenn. Had to haggle a bit to get two as they were behind the desk.
Don't think i like the new sportsman's.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand