collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: FS: Christensen Ridgeline 300 win mag PRICE DROP  (Read 1560 times)

Online jrebel

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
FS: Christensen Ridgeline 300 win mag PRICE DROP
« on: July 20, 2021, 05:03:09 PM »
Located in East Wenatchee
Not interested in trades
$1200  $1050 buyer pays transfer locally.  Will not ship. 

Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 300 win mag.  Bought new in 2018.  Scope and rings do not come with it.  It has killed two moose and a bear. 

The good: 

-  It loves 212 grain ELD-X bullets that I have handloaded.  It is easily a 1000 yard rifle with that load and consistently shoots under 0.5 MOA. 
-  It is a *censored* cat as it pertains to recoil.
-  It is a lightweight rifle and carries very well.
-  The action is smooth as butter.....actually thought about rechambering it, but decided to just sell to buy another 300 in hopes it likes my favorite bullet the accubond. 

The Bad:

-  It is the most finicky rifle I have ever loaded for.  I have not found a load it likes with accubonds or partitions and I will no longer hunt with ELD-X bullets after the inconsistencies I have seen on moose and bear.  I'm tired of trying to make it like my preferred bullets so it has to go.  To be fair, I have not tried other bullets such as barnes, hornady, speer, berger etc.....  I am picky and want it to group half inch with accubonds and it just wont do it.   
-  It has some very minor wear marks on the stock from hunting hard in the Canadian Wilderness on my moose hunts. 
-  Probably 500 rounds give or take down the barrel.....thus the 40% less than new price. 

I'm working now so have the use the pics I have.  I am happy to take close ups upon request of the minor wear marks on the stock......really the only one I can think of is on the pistol grip portion that rubbed the defined edge a little and rounded it off. 

If your worried about the barrel being shot out....read this forum and do your own search to research it.  This rifle should have 700-1000 more rounds before the barrel is shot out.   
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/300-win-mag-barrel-life.159332/

Wanted to clarify a couple things.  When I refer to "finicky", I am referring to how easy (or not) it is to handload for.  I am pretty anal about my loading and even more anal about my shooting / groupings at range.  This rifle has been finicky, meaning it does not like the bullets I want it to shoot.  With that being said, another reloader may find / have different results with different powders, primers, process, etc.  It clearly will shoot as I have it shooting sub MOA with 212 grain ELD-X bullets.   I am just not a fan of that bullet and have decided to change rifles...rather than force this one to shoot what I like. 

Most people would be plenty happy with the groups this rifle produces with even the worst reloads I have.  It shoots sub MOA with the 212 ELD-X.  It shot two 2" groups / MOA at 200 yards with 200 gr partitions and accubonds.  For a magnum rifle that is not horrible....just not what I am looking for.  My sons Savage Ultralite in 300wsm has shot multiple sub 1" 5 shot groups at 300 yards.  It is consistently a 1/2" or better rifle.  My daughters new savage ultralite in 6.5 creedmoor is showing great promise with .5" groups at 200 yards.  The rifles I keep will shoot the bullets I want, exceptionally well.....or they will move down the road. 

It is not "finicky" as it pertains to function.  The action is smooth as butter.  The trigger is crisp and if my memory serves me right breaks at 3lbs (I can double check this for anyone that wants to know).  It has an internal magazine with hinged floor plate and has never had a problem with feeding ammo.

I have never shot factory box ammo through this rifle.  I load all my own ammo, so I cannot speak to how well it will like factory ammo.   

I trying to be 100% transparent and fair with the price so a reloader that loves partitions or accubonds.....knows what my experience has been. 

Another question that has come up.....Is the scope rail going with the rifle??  YES it is and it is a Nightforce Steel base that sales for $125 dollars or more.   

Hope that clears up some possible confusion.  Please don't hesitate to ask more question or PM me your your number if you would like to discuss further. 

jrebel

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 02:05:17 PM by jrebel »

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: FS: Christensen Ridgeline 300 win mag
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 07:16:48 PM »
Heck of a deal, someone please buy this, I have a wedding to pay for.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Online jrebel

• Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 10:11:28 AM »
Forgot to add that the buyer will have first right of refusal to a couple hundred 212 grain ELD-X bullets and maybe even an 8lb jug of H1000 so they can keep loading the load this rifle loves.   We can discuss price of the package if anyone is interested in it all.  Thinking $325 for the H1000 and .50 cents a round for the ELD-X BULLETS ($50 / box of 100 and then .50 cents / round for the open box.)  Super fair prices to keep someone shooting.   :tup:

Online Ironhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 12:07:04 PM »
Heck of deal on a great rifle!
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Online Hovel Downs

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 12:27:37 PM »
are your handloads with a faster powder than the H1000 or is that what it likes.

Online jrebel

• Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 12:43:38 PM »
are your handloads with a faster powder than the H1000 or is that what it likes.

The 212 eldx likes the h1000.  If I went lighter (200 grain) I would try h4831 though I think h1000 would also work.  I tried the 220 grain partitions and accubonds and it didn’t like either.  I’ve learned not to fight a rifle and would rather just move on.  I wish I liked the eldx better (some people love them) but I just don’t.  They have killed moose and bear….???? Just not my flavor.  My guess is this rifle likes longer baring surface and the longer bullets will work better. 

Online Damnimissed

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 01:09:06 PM »
Did you try 180gr AB’s?

Online jrebel

• Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 01:17:29 PM »
Did you try 180gr AB’s?

No never under a 200 grain bullet.   This was my moose gun and I wanted heavies.  It may like lighter bullets….180 or 165 grain.   I have a short mag that loves the 180s so haven’t spent time working with them in this rifle.

This will make someone a great rifle….just doesn’t work for my needs / wants.  Who knows….the next owner may find a load that works with heavies??? 

Online jrebel

• Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 09:57:27 AM »
Updated pics.  The only blem I can find is pictured. 

Online jrebel

• Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 09:58:12 AM »
More pics

Online jrebel

• Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 09:59:48 AM »
One more.  I tape around the but pad so rocks and dirt don’t get under or between the pad and the stock. Christensen glues their pads to the stock and they are prone to that. 

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
Re: FS: Christensen Ridgeline 300 win mag (pics added)
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2021, 12:27:10 PM »
Mike H.  Hurry up and buy this gun man!!!  Free bump

Offline elkrack

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2021, 01:18:26 PM »
Mike H.  Hurry up and buy this gun man!!!  Free bump

Ok you write the check and I will take the rifle :chuckle:
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

Jocko fan club!🇺🇸

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2021, 01:58:08 PM »
 :yike:  how do I pass that up!!

Online jrebel

• Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2021, 02:03:38 PM »
I’ll pm my address or PayPal for the down payment and we can work out the transfer at your convenience.   Would make a future son in law a great wedding gift.   :P

* Advertisement