collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Antlerless Elk for Alkali Late Hunt GMU 371  (Read 2177 times)

Offline grizzly660

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • Gerry Bevins
  • Groups: RMEF NRA
Antlerless Elk for Alkali Late Hunt GMU 371
« on: July 24, 2021, 11:13:49 AM »
Well we drew group  permits and I have a youth hunter and a disabled hunter just wondering if anyone has any info or private property thats available to hunt on??   Anything helps  thanks much

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
Re: Antlerless Elk for Alkali Late Hunt GMU 371
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 11:42:55 AM »
You might of wanted to look at the B that indicates it’s a military area (Yakima training center). Not private but there are steps to get on it.  Better get to doing research.  You’ll have your work cut out for you by that time

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 12:15:02 PM »
Well we drew group  permits and I have a youth hunter and a disabled hunter just wondering if anyone has any info or private property thats available to hunt on??   Anything helps  thanks much
badger pocket holds elk on private. Mostly bulls. The elk are in the fields after last light and gone before daylight. So I would say not to waste your time in 334 as it is also a firearm restricted unit. The late hunt is not easy as there are so many seasons in there prior plus all the Indians for 3 months straight. Good luck. My son has the same tag.
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 12:17:54 PM »
badger pocket holds elk on private. Mostly bulls. The elk are in the fields after last light and gone before daylight. So I would say not to waste your time in 334 as it is also a firearm restricted unit. The late hunt is not easy as there are so many seasons in there prior plus all the Indians for 3 months straight. Good luck. My son has the same tag. You also need to head over and get a rec card to enter the training center to hunt. You will also need to register the firearms you will be hunting with. Oh one last thing. Do not go out there with worn out garbage tires.

Offline bigdub257

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF;Ducks Unlimited
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 01:13:27 PM »
badger pocket holds elk on private. Mostly bulls. The elk are in the fields after last light and gone before daylight. So I would say not to waste your time in 334 as it is also a firearm restricted unit. The late hunt is not easy as there are so many seasons in there prior plus all the Indians for 3 months straight. Good luck. My son has the same tag.

Not to mention the amount of tags they gave out for the unit this year! The place is going to be a zoo!  As mentioned, you better get going on your access passes.  Once you have those you are required to check in and out every day.  The other wild card in there is the opening and closing of the units within the boundaries daily.  I saw plenty of elk in there last year in units I couldn't hunt.  It's a pretty cool place to explore though.

Online Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 02:45:40 PM »
Badger Pocket is not in Alkali. The unit is almost entirely within the training center.  :tup:
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 05:39:24 PM »
Badger Pocket is not in Alkali. The unit is almost entirely within the training center.  :tup:
334 is included in the alkali permit :tup:

Online Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 06:14:09 PM »
334 is included in the alkali permit :tup:
Thanks. I went by the title. :tup:
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 06:29:37 PM »
Looks like for antlerless its only 371

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 07:17:59 PM »
Looks like for antlerless its only 371
:yeah:  that’s where the capital B comes from.  Good luck on that tag, it will be tough!

Offline mp.hunter

• Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 07:34:22 PM »
My son had the Muzzy cow tag last year and we had two shots and misses on cows, look around the no go zone first and last light on the open sub units for that day on the base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline grizzly660

• Pilgrim
    • Gerry Bevins
  • Groups: RMEF NRA
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 04:00:15 PM »
thanks for the info.   all we can do is try 

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 06:22:24 PM »
You have the right attitude. 

It can be a fun place to explore.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]