collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Leftover Multi Season Deer  (Read 32711 times)

Offline buggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Leftover Multi Season Deer
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2021, 03:51:34 PM »
Here is the entire email,

"2,600 surplus Multi-season deer tags available Aug. 18
Deer hunters who bought a Multi-season tag application earlier this year but were not selected in the April drawing will have their chance to buy one of 2,600 remaining Multi-season deer tags starting at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 18.

Available on a first-come, first-served basis, the tags can be purchased online or at an authorized Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife license dealer. WDFW regional offices and headquarters in Olympia remain closed to in-person license sales.
Hunters who want to buy a deer Multi-season tag must have purchased a 2021 deer Multi-season special hunt application in order to buy a Multi-season tag.

If you already have your 2021 general season tag, you won’t need to call WDFW to cancel it, but under state law you will need to surrender it to the license dealer or mail it to WDFW headquarters before the opening of the hunting season.

When you purchase your Multi-season tag, you will be asked if you already have a general season tag, and if so, whether you are surrendering it to the dealer or mailing it to WDFW headquarters.

Multi-season deer tags are $139.10. Tag costs are the same for residents and non-residents.

There will not be a purchase deadline for deer Multi-season tags; they will remain on sale until the tag limit is reached. Hunters who purchase a Multi-season tag will not lose points in their Multi-season special hunt application categories.

Hunters with Multi-season tags can hunt all three weapon choices (modern firearm, muzzleloader, archery), season permitting, until their tag is filled.
What about elk?
The next sequential 128 hunters on the original official draw list of elk Multi-season tags will have an opportunity to buy those remaining tags. The existing official draw list from April is being used to prevent large group gatherings at retail locations during the COVID-19 pandemic and to keep the opportunity fair.

Elk hunters can also login on the WILD licensing system after 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 18, to see if they are eligible to buy an elk Multi-season tag. The 128 winners of the remaining elk Multi-season tags will receive an email from WDFW notifying them that they are eligible to buy a Multi-season elk tag."

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2021, 04:18:59 PM »
Excellent. Thanks Buggy. Seems like a sure thing for deer. It's always been that way in the past at least.

Online Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2021, 05:02:10 PM »
Excellent. Thanks Buggy. Seems like a sure thing for deer. It's always been that way in the past at least.

Leftovers went FAST last year.  Don't hesitate if you want one.  Got mine already.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2021, 06:00:22 PM »

Leftovers went FAST last year.  Don't hesitate if you want one.  Got mine already.

Ahh okay I drew last year and the year before I think. Looks like I will buy online for better chances.

Offline slowhand

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Seahawk fan for life
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2021, 01:33:24 PM »

[/quote]

Leftovers went FAST last year.  Don't hesitate if you want one. 
[/quote]
This right here, I got burned last year.
(ME) nothing to worry about they never sell out. I was so wrong!
Seahawks
Hunting
Fishing
In That order

Offline dagon

• Tracker
    • nope
  • Groups: master hunter, hunter ed instructor, ducks unlimited. rmef
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2021, 06:28:00 PM »
Seems weird that 2600 folks would pay to be in the drawing. get drawn. and then not buy the permit. Am i missing something?

Online Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2021, 10:34:37 PM »
Seems weird that 2600 folks would pay to be in the drawing. get drawn. and then not buy the permit. Am i missing something?

I only applied to have the option to buy it now. Usually I would buy it prior to spec apps to apply in different categories but my points are low due to drawing and it wasn't worth it then. Now I can expand my season after having not drawn anything.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline Kvw4x4

• Tracker
  • Groups: kvw4x4
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2021, 08:38:27 AM »

I think there is reason for this,  alot of the ones that backout of purhcasing the multi season have been drawn for a controlled hunt and the multi season is point less, also some people do it to just built up points for the right oppurtunity to use it.  this may not account for 2600 but definately adds up

Online steeleywhopper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2021, 09:04:28 AM »

I have a buddy that drew a Deer Special permit that had been after so he opted not to purchase the Multi Deer that he had drawn.
Politicians like Jay Inslee are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment

Offline HUNT JR

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2021, 09:09:28 AM »
I think a lot of people buy it just for the option if they draw. The app is cheap and once drawn you have a long time to decide to buy it. Schedules/work/family all changes a lot in those few months and cause people to choose other hunts. I know I apply for it every year because I want to hunt archery general deer but apply for rifle with my worthless 17 points.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2021, 09:18:03 AM »

Apps are due early in the year for multi. If somebody draws a couple other tags (including out of state) that conflict with the extra Washington seasons...no point in paying $140+

As has already been mentioned, if I drew a quality tag then I would probably return the MS.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2021, 09:22:34 AM »

We applied as a back up plan in case we didn't draw Montana deer. When we did, no point in buying MS tag so two are returned from my old man and I 
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2021, 10:06:26 AM »
The ol lady can’t login in. I suppose thousands of people flooding the server would do that.

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2021, 10:08:04 AM »
I clicked purchase a tag at 10 and it's been spinning for 7 minutes. Won't load.

Offline CavemantheHunter

• Scout
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »
Same here. I have it opened on two screens. Finally got one to go through, but it's still not showing a new deer tag option since I already have a deer tag....

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]