collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Archery West Side Hunting Partner Needed  (Read 8478 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Archery West Side Hunting Partner Needed
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 12:39:33 PM »
I see my "partner" hasn't posted on the forum again since we returned from hunting. We hunted together for 9 days. He had his first close experience with elk ever. He learned to pick wild mushrooms and which ones to pick (which at times seemed to excite him more than hunting). We had a heated trailer. He never cooked a meal or offered to clean up after, promised to contribute something for trailer expense, and I haven't heard from him since. But I can see why he got no value out of the trip. He already knew everything about elk hunting and archery from watching YouTube videos and 9 months shooting a bow. I texted him on the 30th to see if he would contribute anything and a shocking surprise, no response. Ah, kids nowadays.  :chuckle: This may be it for the Pianoman. Not sure how worth it it is anymore.  :dunno:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 01:45:00 PM »
 :'(
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline 257wbymagkiller

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 03:32:25 PM »
Well dang know that I know you have low standards for someone in camp. I call dibs on the next time you go out  :chuckle:

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. The young generation is so lost.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 03:39:08 PM »
Well dang know that I know you have low standards for someone in camp. I call dibs on the next time you go out  :chuckle:

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. The young generation is so lost.

I'm sure you'd be welcome in my camp any time.  :tup: I do have low standards!  :chuckle:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline IFunk

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: BHA, TBOW
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 03:50:32 PM »
That's an unfortunate story.  When I saw your offer last year to camp it read like an ad for an mycologist/elk outfitter.  Only you're not out 10 thousand dollars.  8)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2021, 03:54:41 PM »
That's an unfortunate story.  When I saw your offer last year to camp it read like an ad for an mycologist/elk outfitter.  Only you're not out 10 thousand dollars.  8)

I would say that "you live and you learn." But I'll give anyone a chance to be a stand up guy and actually share camp with me. It's hard to know who you're inviting for what is to me the most important two weeks of the year. That's why I'm unsure I'll keep doing this.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2021, 03:57:27 PM »
Bad partners get the boot and never look back. Go solo or find a better partner. Works out much better then dragging feet of a useless partner. And future seasons success will reflect that. As well as the experiences are more memorable.

Sorry for the bad experience. Hope you find a partner worth keeping around.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline Bogie85

• Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/zbogatz
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2021, 11:42:23 PM »
Pianoman, if you go out for late archery elk. Count me in, I am still a newer hunter but I don’t complain. I will bust my butt, carry my share, donate cash where necessary. And I can cook some stuff pretty well. I only know elk hunting in theory, from reading books and wee are watching videos. But I would assume I don’t know a damn thing. I hunted solo for them early archery but didn’t see anything.

And as a new hunter, let me apologize to you for that guy that ruins it for newbies like me. I didn’t grow up hunting and never had family to teach me. I just decided I really wanted to do it. So I have been busting my hump for 5 years to get a blacktail but haven’t been successful yet. But I have learned a lot from generous people like you and others on this forum that ended up with me being successful for getting turkey. Dream bird hunt for me and ended in an epic way. I am beyond grateful that people haven’t given up on newbies completely. But I haven’t asked to hunt with elk hunters yet because I just assumed that was one no one would want to take a newbie and that I would need to put in my effort to at least get my first blacktail before I could even ask. To wrap it up, If you happen to hunt late archery elk west side let me know. I would be happy to tag along even to just help carry meat out and bring my sidearm for bear protection/try to call for you.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2021, 07:15:32 AM »
Pianoman, if you go out for late archery elk. Count me in, I am still a newer hunter but I don’t complain. I will bust my butt, carry my share, donate cash where necessary. And I can cook some stuff pretty well. I only know elk hunting in theory, from reading books and wee are watching videos. But I would assume I don’t know a damn thing. I hunted solo for them early archery but didn’t see anything.

And as a new hunter, let me apologize to you for that guy that ruins it for newbies like me. I didn’t grow up hunting and never had family to teach me. I just decided I really wanted to do it. So I have been busting my hump for 5 years to get a blacktail but haven’t been successful yet. But I have learned a lot from generous people like you and others on this forum that ended up with me being successful for getting turkey. Dream bird hunt for me and ended in an epic way. I am beyond grateful that people haven’t given up on newbies completely. But I haven’t asked to hunt with elk hunters yet because I just assumed that was one no one would want to take a newbie and that I would need to put in my effort to at least get my first blacktail before I could even ask. To wrap it up, If you happen to hunt late archery elk west side let me know. I would be happy to tag along even to just help carry meat out and bring my sidearm for bear protection/try to call for you.

Thanks for your kind words. If I plan on late archery, it'll only be for day hunts from home in Ryderwood or Willapa Hills. Not a great deal for someone driving from Renton, but I'll still let you know. Thanks Bogie. You're a good guy.

Offline Bogie85

• Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/zbogatz
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2021, 11:29:40 AM »

Thanks for your kind words. If I plan on late archery, it'll only be for day hunts from home in Ryderwood or Willapa Hills. Not a great deal for someone driving from Renton, but I'll still let you know. Thanks Bogie. You're a good guy.

Day trips are still invaluable knowledge, I would happily drive out to learn and be some company. I drive to morton just to drop bait and come back lol, so that’s not much of a difference. Honestly I could come out the day before and look for eastern turkey and grouse too :). So it wouldn’t be a waste.

Offline griz_64

• Tracker
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2021, 05:37:56 AM »

Never really hunted that area, I know people that do.  Ill be out in mossyrock for late since I cant hunt winston during late season

Offline jg52xray

• Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/ray.james.9659
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2022, 02:05:52 AM »
hello guys new here but i know where you are talking indian heaven if you go in from the sawtooth berry feilds side look at your map for a creek called rush creek its just before pavement turns to gravel ive found a lot of bulls on the ruch creek side
good luck

Offline Onewhohikes

• Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2022, 05:09:38 AM »
Lets see some pictures of those bulls then

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal