collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Powerbelt Platinum Muzzleloading Bullets  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Dan-o

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Explorer
Re: Powerbelt Platinum Muzzleloading Bullets
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2021, 11:59:32 AM »
Update about performance of hard cast bullet performance.

100 Grain Pyrodex RS Loose
German Musket Caps
330 Gr Harvester Hard Cast lead

TC system 1 50 cal muzzy

4x4 bull elk at 105 yards quartered away. Entered perfect center height. A few ribs back from shoulder. Exited front of far shoulder. Double lung shot. Complete pass through. Perfect shot placement. Only made it a few yards and fell over in sight. Blood trail for the 10 yards was amazing. Penetration of the bullet and  wound channel was awesome. Chest cavity trauma and blood loss in cavity was awesome. Probably the best performance on elk with a muzzy that I have seen. Super impressed. Thanks for the recommendations by fellow Hunt wa members to try these out.

Nice!

They do leave a nasty wound channel, and tend to leave short blood trails.     :tup:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline dub870

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2021, 12:01:45 PM »
I had the 330 platinums and they shot good enough out of my CVA Optima but I went with the Thors instead. I gave them to my friend with the same gun and it was shooting 12 inch groups at 25 yards. He happened to have a pack of the lead 405gr powerbelts and they shot great in his gun.

Offline huntnfmly

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 02:14:46 PM »
I had the 330 platinums and they shot good enough out of my CVA Optima but I went with the Thors instead. I gave them to my friend with the same gun and it was shooting 12 inch groups at 25 yards. He happened to have a pack of the lead 405gr powerbelts and they shot great in his gun.
12 inch groups at 25yrds😲
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please donít wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline PsoasHunter

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2021, 09:51:31 PM »
Anyone running these Hardcast bullets in a knight bighorn? 330 or 400, and what powder if you don't mind me asking? I've killed all 5 elk I've shot at with 358 gr all lead powerbelts. Never had to track one more than about 20 yards, but I've also never had an exit wound and therefore poor blood trails, so I have some concerns there.  These Harvester bullets sound legit, but a 1 year old at home makes for limited range time to work up a new load.

Online duckmen1

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2021, 10:02:36 PM »
We have a few knights that we will probably try and do load development for with the hardcast for upcoming seasons. Haven't tried yet in the knight rifles. But have had great success with accuracy and performance in a rifle with a less desirable twist rate than the knight so have high hopes for my other shooters using there knight rifles. Great bullets, company, performance, cost, and everything else associated with them.
Live a lifetime of example and you see the whole picture. Hear spread gossip of the scenario doesn't make it true. Especially from the source it is coming from. Take a step back and see the big picture. It's obvious as to what is.

Offline hal

• Hunter
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2021, 09:15:57 AM »
shooting a T/C with 295's. 6" group @ 100 yards. Easy to load and unload. have some 245's and 330's to try for next year.
Shooting two 50gr 777 pellets.

Offline Dark2Dark

• Tracker
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2021, 05:57:10 PM »
Whatís the benefit of the six o clock hold? Why not just use a transitional open sight? Iím always impressed by how your eye/brain/body make the peep/ghost ring work so precisely. But thatís all predicated on your eye centering itÖ. What am I missing?

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2021, 04:56:28 PM »
Whatís the benefit of the six o clock hold? Why not just use a transitional open sight? Iím always impressed by how your eye/brain/body make the peep/ghost ring work so precisely. But thatís all predicated on your eye centering itÖ. What am I missing?
I think its so you can see what you're aiming at instead of covering it.

Offline msg

• Hunter
    • NA
  • Groups: NA
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2021, 05:25:57 PM »
Knight Disc Extreme, 295 Powerbelt Platinums , 3 50grain 777 pellets. Rear peep and Lee Shaver globe and crosshair front. I have several flattened out chunks of lead from the past found on the opposite side hide. This setup blows completely thru at reasonable ranges. I have no experience with with longer ranges but got to believe it is a great setup. Accuracy is unbelievable compared to stock fibre optics. One of my hunting partners has the almost identicle setup. Last year shot a blacktail in the head at 120 yards bedded down. Yesterday shot a coyote on a dead run at 130 yds.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal