collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2021 EAST ELK RAFFLE!!! Video added 9/28  (Read 50912 times)

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
2021 EAST ELK RAFFLE!!! Video added 9/28
« on: July 29, 2021, 08:55:36 AM »
@jackelope texted me and said winning numbers were posted. I went to site but you couldn’t enter a number like in the past. I had tickets in my wallet that I had bought the week before. No winner. Looking at those ticket numbers and the winning number I could see that the winner had been sold early.

I had bought tickets May 8th but they were at home on my nightstand. I know they call winners before posting the results but I wanted to know if I was close so I headed home to check.

In the door and straight up to my bedroom when I got home. Three feet from my nightstand my phone rings and it is a 360 number. “Hello is this Rick?” Yes. “This is Katie from the WDFW and I’m calling to let you know you won the east elk raffle.”

Unbelievable. I’m not sure the shock has worn off but I did get a letter in the mail yesterday confirming that I won the east elk raffle.

I had the colockum archery tag in 2017 and have wanted to do this hunt again every since I ate the tag back then.

I am beyond stoked. I have a cabin in 328 and will be hunting exclusively there all of September with my bow. If I can’t get me big into range I’ll use my new RBros rifle but would rather do it with a bow.  I can hunt until December 31st. After the first week of October if I still have the tag I will switch to the gun and if the opportunity presents itself that I can use the bow I will.

I also have a pretty epic archery hunt with my daughter this year as we drew late archery tags in the Entiat together.  Last year I had the hunter Ed incentive tag in the Entiat.

Just like 2017 I will update this thread as I go.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 07:57:30 AM by Rainier10 »
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
Re: 2021 EAST ELK RAFFLE!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 08:58:21 AM »

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 08:58:47 AM »
Awesome man, Congratulations.  :IBCOOL:
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 09:02:29 AM »
Awesome!!!!  What a bad azz hunt you have ahead of you!!! Congrats!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 09:09:29 AM »
Stoked for you buddy! If you're around next weekend when I run up there ive still got primers for you  :chuckle: now that you're Jon's competition i can't guarantee they will go pop though  :peep:

:chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 09:15:20 AM »
Gonna be an adventure to be sure! 

Offline Mtnwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 09:16:44 AM »
Wow you have been on quite the streak with pulling tags, congrats should be awesome!

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 09:19:07 AM »
So dang cool! Congrats! Tag of a lifetime!
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 09:19:30 AM »
Stoked for you buddy! If you're around next weekend when I run up there ive still got primers for you  :chuckle: now that you're Jon's competition i can't guarantee they will go pop though  :peep:

Thanks man.   I will be up there this weekend and next weekend, text me and we can meet up.

I hope Jon gets a smoker.  I have given permission to another member whose wife drew the muzzy bull tag.  Hopefully we all tag out on a nice one.

Offline Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 09:21:59 AM »
Wow you have been on quite the streak with pulling tags, congrats should be awesome!

No kidding, I thought I was lucky getting a second deer tag finally lol

Good luck on your hunt, looking forward to following along.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2021, 09:23:36 AM »
Congrats! Can’t wait to see how it pans out for you. Sounds like you have a blast of a year ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2021, 09:29:25 AM »

Thanks man.   I will be up there this weekend and next weekend, text me and we can meet up.

I hope Jon gets a smoker.  I have given permission to another member whose wife drew the muzzy bull tag.  Hopefully we all tag out on a nice one.
I've got a sneaking suspicion that the seasons will play out exactly like that  :tup:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2021, 09:32:21 AM »
Really really happy for you, buddy.

I cut back to 1 IPA per night and have made threats to my wife that I'm going to start using her peloton but she said she doesn't want me to sweat on it so maybe I'll just go find a steep hill to walk my dogs up and down a few times every night.

Can't wait to watch this play out.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 09:34:38 AM »
Super cool. Have a fun hunt. Sounds like you guys are on a good luck streak on these hunts lately with drawing. Can't wait to see a whopper. Or at least a great experience.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2021, 10:32:06 AM »
Sweet! The luck of the draws has been way good to you! Very cool to get to see your raffle tag and some of the other guys tags play out and get to follow along with your thread. Best of luck!
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal