collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Trail camera thiefs  (Read 7727 times)

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Trail camera thiefs
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2021, 05:47:50 PM »
Speaking from experience unless you have pictures of the thief actually taking the camera it could be said all your evidence, even if you can identify that the "suspected" thief was the only person in the area from the time you put the camera up until you found it missing, is circumstantial.
Still believe a good thing would be exploding dye packs,fluorescent green or purple would be my preference. Then let the thief have to admit how he got covered with permanent dye in court when he filed injury charges against you. ""I was attempting to steal a trail camera when I opened it and the dye pack exploded""

This is a great idea! And use RIT dye or Hi Light field foam marker dye. That stuff stays on your skin no matter what for at least 5+ days! They would look so stupid! Put it into some paintball landmines!

Offline rtspring

• Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2021, 05:48:36 PM »
Exactly what is wrong in todays society! A good arse whuppin is so frowned upon in todays times, that no one is afraid anymore! 

The victim has more to be scared of  than the damn criminals!!!
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline eastfork

• Hunter
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2021, 05:55:57 PM »
Exactly what is wrong in todays society! A good arse whuppin is so frowned upon in todays times, that no one is afraid anymore! 

I was wondering if I'm the only one that feels like you. It seems that all we do now days is turn the other way and let anyone and everyone do as they please. I feel kinda hopeless thou because they can do what they want but we can't do nothing and the system seems to be more protecting of them instead of us the majority that just sit back and say oh well, let's move from this hunting spot to another. Before long where are all going to end up? We are slowly empowering the wrong people. 

Also, what really is disturbing is that it was most likely another hunter.  Why not just put a camera on the same tree if you wanna see what's there???

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2021, 05:56:06 PM »
Causing injury however minor to protect low value personal property on public land could get you in jail and possibly sued....

Remember, trail cam theft's are very low misd crimes, and these days the offender will not even see jail. Let alone a judge....ever.

Maybe if you are buying the 49.95 cameras it could be low value but when the camera cost 200.00 to 300.00 dollars IMO that is not low value. Alternate is to let the carrion eaters have a good meal.

I'm speaking from the standpoint of courts and laws...

200-300 is low value.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2021, 05:58:23 PM »

I would agree...a good whooping is what is needed..

Unfortunately these days most of us have allot to loose...and unless that whooping is in defense of self than you leave yourself open for litigation. But ya, I do wish we lived in different times...

I guess if someone falls in the woods and there is no one to see it, did they really fall.

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2021, 06:16:20 PM »
Dayum shame that rock was there when he tripped over that log and hit his head.
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2021, 07:06:03 PM »

Unfortunately these days most of us have allot to loose...and unless that whooping is in defense of self than you leave yourself open for litigation. But ya, I do wish we lived in different times...

I guess if someone falls in the woods and there is no one to see it, did they really fall.

I don't think anyone can disagree with what is truly needed.  Unfortunately, it's not worth the troubles over a camera.  Sad our society has come to this........but it is reality. 

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2021, 08:36:10 PM »

:yeah:
Depends on how I feel that day.
I'd much prefer to make contact in the woods.
I have confronted people before about being behind closed gates with motor vehicle when it's closed to motor vehicle.
It's always some lame excuse.
With that said....
If they where breaking into my truck or in the act of stealing something . I'm definitely not the type to lay down. My bet is there not gonna have a good day.
Like said up top ,depends on the situation on how I would actually handle it.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2021, 09:11:13 PM »
I live in farm country where folks turn over dirt and disc a field on a regular basis. It's hard to tell if you dig a hole somewhere when the next two miles of dirt has been disturbed and turned over. Just sayin

Offline Goshawk

• Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2022, 09:07:32 PM »
Ok, so I know a "guy" who's a lot brighter with computers than I am, and he like to archery hunt.  After getting two cams stolen, he did something rather creative. He took a couple of dead trail cams and loaded the SD cards with a virus to wipe the reading computer that's labeled as a picture file.
One camera made it through the season, the other got stolen.  Sure wish I could have seen that go down!
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]