collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Fish and Wildlife Commission Future Meeting Agendas - *Spring Bear*  (Read 8742 times)

Offline andersonjk4

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
I try to keep myself up to date with the goings-on of the Fish and Wildlife Commission and while looking through the documents presented on the WDFW website I came across a summary of the topics for upcoming Commission meetings.  One thing that jumped out at me was a meeting regarding Spring Bear and then a subsequent meeting with a decision being made on the Spring Bear topic.  It is unclear at this time what the topic(s) relating to Spring Bear are, but the last time there was discussion of Spring Bear hunting during a Commission meeting the Anti's showed up in full force against it.  They have slated these two meeting right in the middle of hunting season, but hopefully we can have a strong showing from the hunting crowd.  Mark your calendars.

Link to the Agenda:

https://wdfw.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2021-07/year_at_a_glance_-_updated_73021.pdf

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
Re: Fish and Wildlife Commission Future Meeting Agendas - *Spring Bear*
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 08:45:46 AM »
Tagging
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 08:51:36 AM »
🤔
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline KNOPHISH

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 08:59:03 AM »
Are they taking written comments? I didn’t see it in the link.
I have Man Chit to do

Offline andersonjk4

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 09:18:26 AM »
This is just my assumptions, but I would guess the spring bear discussion will be about any proposed changes to the 2022 spring bear season.  I would assume that those proposals would go out for a public review comment period sometime around when the meetings are held.  If I see anything, I will try to remember to update this post. 

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 09:20:22 AM »
I would place a healthy wager they will attempt to torpedo the spring bear, and im wondering what the current years submission data is regaurding  the sow harvest levels and those lactating are. That will determine a lot, and if the numbers for hunters are good you will see a different tactic by the Antis to get rid of ir prevent the expansion of Spring bear.

I would also add that lots of proposed changes to hunting in general were scrapped at the last moment. Some of the changes had broad support.   I found this to be quite strange, however the 2 new unconfirmed Comissioners  could be part of the reasoning. RCW 77.04.030 states the requirements for the comissioners and how each region and user group needs to be represented.  https://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=77.04.030

Perhaps its just wishful thinking that all the changes were tabled because that RCW is not bei g followed and something is in play.  Since i have not read any justification for delay in the previous rule changes my hope is that what ever nonsense Lorna and Koontz  have or will vote on will be vacated as its obvious  these appointments are not legal... This hypothesis is bolstered by the fact that they were not confirmed.  I find this strange since Van De Wege the chairmain of the natural resource Comittie in the senate is both a Democrat and a several time recipient of legislator of the year from HSUS.

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline andersonjk4

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 09:32:21 AM »
I would place a healthy wager they will attempt to torpedo the spring bear, and im wondering what the current years submission data is regaurding  the sow harvest levels and those lactating are. That will determine a lot, and if the numbers for hunters are good you will see a different tactic by the Antis to get rid of ir prevent the expansion of Spring bear.

I would also add that lots of proposed changes to hunting in general were scrapped at the last moment. Some of the changes had broad support.   I found this to be quite strange, however the 2 new unconfirmed Comissioners  could be part of the reasoning. RCW 77.04.030 states the requirements for the comissioners and how each region and user group needs to be represented.  https://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=77.04.030

Perhaps its just wishful thinking that all the changes were tabled because that RCW is not bei g followed and something is in play.  Since i have not read any justification for delay in the previous rule changes my hope is that what ever nonsense Lorna and Koontz  have or will vote on will be vacated as its obvious  these appointments are not legal... This hypothesis is bolstered by the fact that they were not confirmed.  I find this strange since Van De Wege the chairmain of the natural resource Comittie in the senate is both a Democrat and a several time recipient of legislator of the year from HSUS.

Regarding the proposals that were scrapped, I spoke with a WDFW employee who was very involved in the process, those proposals were not scrapped altogether.  The department basically got called on a technicality that they are not allowed to make rule changes outside of bag limits and season lengths (ie method of take) without going through the formal SEPA process.  So the department has put together a plan to go ahead with the formal SEPA process for those proposals they tabled in the last go around. There will be another round of public comment on those proposals and if they get adopted will be implemented for 2022. 

Offline andersonjk4

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 09:36:19 AM »
Back to spring bear...

I did find where the spring bear pre-proposal (CR-101) has been submitted and you can provide public comment on it here.  I have not been able to find any specifics regarding any upcoming proposals.

Links:

https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/development#

https://publicinput.com/2020SpringBear

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 09:41:11 AM »
This is just my assumptions, but I would guess the spring bear discussion will be about any proposed changes to the 2022 spring bear season.  I would assume that those proposals would go out for a public review comment period sometime around when the meetings are held.  If I see anything, I will try to remember to update this post.

Thank you for keeping us up to date  :tup:

Offline andersonjk4

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 11:12:46 AM »
One more update on this topic.  The spring bear season setting proposals are currently being formulated.  If you would like to make a comment or suggest something to be included in the upcoming proposals use the link in one of my above posts (and below).  The department will use these public comments to help formulate the proposals which will be presented formally for public comment.

I would urge everyone to at least comment to show general support for our spring bear seasons.  I am sure the department gets hammered with anti bear hunting comments, so lets try and offset them.

Link to public comment:

https://publicinput.com/2020SpringBear

Offline slowhand

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Seahawk fan for life
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 11:24:13 AM »
Thank you
tagging in  :tup:
Seahawks
Hunting
Fishing
In That order

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 11:35:46 AM »
Tagging and will comment.  Thanks.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 11:51:28 AM »
Some thoughts on comenting.  Only 2 BMU bear management units were over sow harvest according to the Game Management Plan. And they were the N cascases and the Puget sound region where all the people live and even that was just barely 3 of the 10 years.

Secondly we have had one yeaar of  mandatory spring bear pelt/tooth/sex checking to  make decisions off of. Considering that all past recomendations  from the Carnivore division has restricted hunting it would be my assumption that we will see more of the same.

I do think showing up in force comenting is important however i think some details should be known so we can make better arguments.  While I personally think we have several Animal Rights activists on the Comission, some are quite good.

I have heard Mc Isaacs  ask many great questions from testifiers looking for insight.  Additionally Thornburn has stood up for sportsmen and the wdfw mandates quite well despite not being a hunter herself.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2021, 02:45:24 PM »
They still haven't earned my trust or confidence in their decision making
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 03:13:07 PM »
tag
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]