collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Buy once cry once vacuum sealer??  (Read 8077 times)

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: Buy once cry once vacuum sealer??
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2021, 11:04:27 AM »
Vacmaster VP215.

I'm pretty sure you can replace about any part on the vp215. Don't think that's the case on some of the less costly chamber style vacuum packers.

Bags are relatively inexpensive and it works great.

I end up around $0.06 or so per bag.  Most of my stuff goes in 10x13" bags, great for probably 2 lbs of meat or less.  They look great too if you're sharing.

Offline Parasite

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 01:18:09 PM »
Avid Armor USV32 here. Looked at and liked the Vacmaster , but the Avid Armor was less expensive, didn't need to be shipped as freight, was available, suited my needs as a single guy, and it was light enough to lift it with no problem. No issues with it so far.

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2021, 08:52:56 AM »
We’ll I purchased a Avid Armor a420 vac sealer
Worked one time then would not pull a vacuum. Bad reviews say they have an issue with the foam seal… if you push down after locking it, it then vacuums. Not something a new machine should do. Email and a call so far and zero response back from AA.

May try the LEM or Weston next (vac not chamber)
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Parasite

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2021, 08:59:37 AM »
Email and a call so far and zero response back from AA.

Slow responses from lots of companies these days due to staff shortages, being too busy, etc.

Offline CP

• Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2021, 09:21:36 AM »
We’ll I purchased a Avid Armor a420 vac sealer
Worked one time then would not pull a vacuum. Bad reviews say they have an issue with the foam seal… if you push down after locking it, it then vacuums. Not something a new machine should do. Email and a call so far and zero response back from AA.

May try the LEM or Weston next (vac not chamber)

Try wiping the seal with a damp cloth before you use it. 

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2021, 09:41:08 AM »
My VP215 has easily paid for itself now in bag savings, maybe twice by now.  I think I am now up to 8000 bags purchased.  8 1/2 years now and it is still going strong.  If I ever have to buy one again, I'd go with a 12" sealing bar.  The bags I use the most are 6" wide.  I could do 2 at a time with a 12" bar.  I bag my grind meat in 5 lb packages no problem.  10 may be possible if the 2 spacer plates are removed.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2021, 10:51:07 AM »
You guys must vac a bunch more stuff than I do.  If the chamber bags are .07 and foodsaver style are .22, it costs $0.15 a bag more.

I maybe go through 100 a year, pretty much only sealing fish and the random pork chop.  Thus, I'm paying $15 more a year in bags.  If a chamber machine is $600, it would take me 40 years to break even assuming it lasted that long.

I have one actual Foodsaver machine I bought in 1998 and it still runs.  My son was gifted one on the youth hunt and it had a Walmart $20 sticker on it and it works even better than my old one.  Either one fits easily in a drawer and are way faster than chamber sealers.

I'm guessing some of you guys must use a ton of bags every year.

Offline 3boys

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2021, 11:05:56 AM »
You guys must vac a bunch more stuff than I do.  If the chamber bags are .07 and foodsaver style are .22, it costs $0.15 a bag more.

I maybe go through 100 a year, pretty much only sealing fish and the random pork chop.  Thus, I'm paying $15 more a year in bags.  If a chamber machine is $600, it would take me 40 years to break even assuming it lasted that long.

I have one actual Foodsaver machine I bought in 1998 and it still runs.  My son was gifted one on the youth hunt and it had a Walmart $20 sticker on it and it works even better than my old one.  Either one fits easily in a drawer and are way faster than chamber sealers.

For me it was once i used a chamber vac there was no going back. Much better seals and ease of use. It is huge and a pain to move around but a cart made it easy. I do around 200-300 bags a year for freezer use as well as the occasional sous vide use.

Offline lewy

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • IBEW RMEF WSTA WCO NRA
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2021, 12:41:22 PM »
Anybody know where I can get a vac master locally
Go hawks

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2021, 12:42:34 PM »

Offline CP

• Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2021, 12:48:40 PM »

For me it was once i used a chamber vac there was no going back. Much better seals and ease of use. It is huge and a pain to move around but a cart made it easy. I do around 200-300 bags a year for freezer use as well as the occasional sous vide use.

Yeah, a chamber Vac is way better than the bag suckers.  But mine (Avid Armor USV20) is about the size and weight of a toaster oven and stores on a book shelf.  I still have a foodsaver but it never gets used anymore. 

Offline lewy

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • IBEW RMEF WSTA WCO NRA
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2021, 09:37:53 PM »
Are those Lem’s close in quality to the vacmasters?
Go hawks

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2021, 09:29:58 AM »
There are several other added benefits to the chamber sealers:

1) You can do something else while its sealing, its really a one-man show.  You close the lid, and you can prep the next one while its running or write labels.

2) It looks DAMN NICE! You give some away or whatever, it looks super professional.

3) It never messes up, it does liquids, damp stuff, whatever and is 100%.  Super slick.

4) Yes, bags are one size (whatever size you buy), but you never have to cut and seal anything.  Its not that hard to cut meat into bag sized pieces.

5) You have a lot of selection on bag thickness, buy what you need.

6) You're at the edge of the space time continuum.  You can boil liquids at room temperature.  Want to see something cool, put a marshmallow in there.  You're making outer space in your kitchen!

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2021, 09:52:18 AM »

You're way too good at math for this hunting and fishing stuff!   

Try paying off a $1200 fish finder with "free" perch! :chuckle:
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline CP

• Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2021, 10:46:40 AM »
I gotta try a marshmallow in there.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal