collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 218 Chewuch  (Read 5313 times)

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 218 Chewuch
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2021, 06:38:49 PM »
That's the Forest Service folks biggest bunch of individuals with Cranial Anal insertions. We won't even open the can of worms as to how much money they waste saying they are fighting wildfires. I.E. still have water tankers running up and down the roads.
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2021, 06:59:24 PM »
I know where I’d be hunting if I was local or knew the area.  Gov thinking they have to take care of us as usual.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2021, 07:02:37 PM »
I’m sure there will be plenty of trucks parked at those gates
Save me some room  :chuckle:
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2021, 08:08:35 PM »
I find it a little confusing. Are they saying that even the land adjacent to the roads that are open is off limits because it's inside the closure area? I can drive around but cannot get out and walk?

There are several areas in that closure that had zero fire activity, and they have open roads adjacent to them. I cannot get out and hunt those lands? What about the trails? You can hike on the now open trails but cannot step foot off of them onto NF land because it's inside the fire closure area?

I say you walk in. The sign says nothing about whether someone can still walk into these open lands. They are open now right?

I called the FS up there to ask about a few roads I wanted to access and they said it will probably be in the spring when they open up. They are worried about burnt/dead trees next to the roads that are falling over or will fall soon.

That such BS, what about all the prior fires in that area with all the trees they left standing that were burnt.🤬
Yep, from what I understand from a “ guy” I know, if the roads are closed they are closed to ALL entry, vehicles, foot traffic etc. A lot of 218 is falling under these closers as well as north portions of 224 into some of the Ramsey and Pearrygin areas.

I would check into it further.   Typically "ROAD CLOSED" signs, mean just that, the road (only) is closed to vehicular access, not walk in. The FS needs to post a "forest order" to close the land to walk in access. I am fairly positive there are CFR's that cover this.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2021, 08:18:36 PM »
I find it a little confusing. Are they saying that even the land adjacent to the roads that are open is off limits because it's inside the closure area? I can drive around but cannot get out and walk?

There are several areas in that closure that had zero fire activity, and they have open roads adjacent to them. I cannot get out and hunt those lands? What about the trails? You can hike on the now open trails but cannot step foot off of them onto NF land because it's inside the fire closure area?

I say you walk in. The sign says nothing about whether someone can still walk into these open lands. They are open now right?

I called the FS up there to ask about a few roads I wanted to access and they said it will probably be in the spring when they open up. They are worried about burnt/dead trees next to the roads that are falling over or will fall soon.

That such BS, what about all the prior fires in that area with all the trees they left standing that were burnt.🤬
Yep, from what I understand from a “ guy” I know, if the roads are closed they are closed to ALL entry, vehicles, foot traffic etc. A lot of 218 is falling under these closers as well as north portions of 224 into some of the Ramsey and Pearrygin areas.

I would check into it further.   Typically "ROAD CLOSED" signs, mean just that, the road (only) is closed to vehicular access, not walk in. The FS needs to post a "forest order" to close the land to walk in access. I am fairly positive there are CFR's that cover this.

They did.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd933401.pdf
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline MADMAX

• Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2021, 08:32:58 PM »
Thank you
Good to have that document on my phone
I Ain't Captain Walker.

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2021, 09:01:40 PM »
I called about Gardner.

Little Bridge Creek open but no access of any kind on the east side of the road. You can hunt the west side. 4410 is closed even though the fire only touched it around six miles up.

Bunch of bull.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline MADMAX

• Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2021, 09:12:30 PM »
Frankly
I’m glad to be able to hunt the valley at all
I figured it would darn near all be closed
I’m going just for the ambiance  :chuckle:
Got 2 bucks last year
Still have meat
I Ain't Captain Walker.

Offline Scruffy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2021, 12:11:04 AM »
They will have their hands full policing this.  They will be trying to keep a couple of thousand hunters from going into their areas.  I feel for the unfortunate few they try to make examples of at $5,000 fine and up to 60 days in jail and you know they will punish a few.  But if we were to just have a riot in Seattle and burn half the city they would bend over backwards to accommodate hunters...…. :bash:  I am not suggesting any riots, just making a point.
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Offline Tball77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2021, 04:52:00 AM »
I was over in that area for 3 days last week and spoke to the forest service regarding cub creek, Thompson ridge and the 200 road on Ramsey.  Thompson still had hot spots.  The other areas roads and fire lines were being graded and put back together.  The closure signs said area behind this sign is closed for all access.  Not limited to the road.  Also, the mule deer herd in the twisp and Winthrop area appears to have taken a beating.  I typically see at least 6 legal bucks a day on public land over there and in a total of 6 days I seen 1 WT 4x4 on state land and a dozen spikes or small 2pts.  5 legal Mule deer bucks on private.  I seen at least a dozen carcasses lower Ramsey, and another dozen in the rendezvous.  Tons of bear scat in the sage as well as cat tracks.  Thinking maybe the 2 fires jam packed some predators into the low lands.  The other thing to consider if your headed over that way is landslides.  I’m guessing that any sort of major rain over there is going to cause some problems as much of both of the fires burned thru steep canyons with roads in the bottoms so have an alternate route out if your up little bridge creek, or the west chewuch towards 30 mile. 

Offline Jingles

• Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2021, 05:43:13 AM »
Probably a pipe dream but hoping no one tags the 3 x3 that visits the yard just about daily as if no one does hope to conduct an unofficial experiment over the winter and spring by making a supplemental food available to see if he develops into a bigger and better specimen next year.
I say pipe dream because I'm almost positive some "Hunter" over for a weekend will see the 3 points and say a legal buck pow, even if it is in town. I know that 2 years ago even having orange flagging tape on his neck  someone shot his sire with a small caliber weapon in the neck that did not kill him outright and had to have a gammie put him down. Yes the same buck I took 20 feet of clothes line off his antlers after someone tried to lasso him.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 05:58:31 AM by Jingles »
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2021, 10:14:47 AM »
Probably a pipe dream but hoping no one tags the 3 x3 that visits the yard just about daily as if no one does hope to conduct an unofficial experiment over the winter and spring by making a supplemental food available to see if he develops into a bigger and better specimen next year.
I say pipe dream because I'm almost positive some "Hunter" over for a weekend will see the 3 points and say a legal buck pow, even if it is in town. I know that 2 years ago even having orange flagging tape on his neck  someone shot his sire with a small caliber weapon in the neck that did not kill him outright and had to have a gammie put him down. Yes the same buck I took 20 feet of clothes line off his antlers after someone tried to lasso him.

Maybe this fire, the closers all over and the lack of deer period will keep a lot of those ya-hoos out of the upper valley this year jingles, or like you're saying, it may just drive them into town to try and kill all the "pet" deer. :bash:.....Like you said, "Hunters" :bash:. Ive seen some pretty shady goings ons myself over the last few years, turned in more than one :tup:

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2021, 10:38:25 AM »
I was over in that area for 3 days last week and spoke to the forest service regarding cub creek, Thompson ridge and the 200 road on Ramsey.  Thompson still had hot spots.  The other areas roads and fire lines were being graded and put back together.  The closure signs said area behind this sign is closed for all access.  Not limited to the road.  Also, the mule deer herd in the twisp and Winthrop area appears to have taken a beating.  I typically see at least 6 legal bucks a day on public land over there and in a total of 6 days I seen 1 WT 4x4 on state land and a dozen spikes or small 2pts.  5 legal Mule deer bucks on private.  I seen at least a dozen carcasses lower Ramsey, and another dozen in the rendezvous.  Tons of bear scat in the sage as well as cat tracks.  Thinking maybe the 2 fires jam packed some predators into the low lands.  The other thing to consider if your headed over that way is landslides.  I’m guessing that any sort of major rain over there is going to cause some problems as much of both of the fires burned thru steep canyons with roads in the bottoms so have an alternate route out if your up little bridge creek, or the west chewuch towards 30 mile.

Pretty close to being spot on. We didn't get to do our annual pre season scout trips into a lot of areas we usually check out because of fires but the areas we did go into we also came across a lot of carcasses and not many deer. The Ramsey area was one of them, hardly seen any local deer around but did come across 9 or 10 carcasses, 6 of those being fawns or yearlings. Im sure bear, cougar, yotes etc got pushed in there because of the fires, it only makes sense, then the deer got pushed into private property or farther south down the valley. Talked with another buddy that went into the same areas because he couldn't go north and he said he experienced the same thing, those areas were scarce with deer, heavy with predator sign. Hell, by the time the season starts all the deer or whats left of them will be in Pateros with the predators just following along :bash:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 11:02:38 AM by bigmacc »

Offline Jingles

• Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2021, 11:25:01 AM »
This is the twin brother to the 3 point he is Junior and the 3 point is Bruce IIafter their sire who was Bruce named after Bruce Wayne of Batman fame because of the Bat insignia on the foreheads
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 11:31:46 AM by Jingles »
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990

Offline Jingles

• Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2021, 11:57:51 AM »
Dug through the files and found the original Bruce with the Bat insignia
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal