Advertisement

Author Topic: Tires  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Tires
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2021, 10:38:25 PM »
BFG KO2 is what I’m running now and I love them so far.

Offline haftard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2021, 10:59:49 PM »
So your best bet will be the durra tracks or a Toyo. If you have a god relationship with your local Les swab I would get a set of Toyos. Right now I'm running the MasterCraft razors but you said you don't need a mud tire. And I don't think they are 10 ply. But all and all most of these tires are going to preform almost identical.

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2021, 06:24:21 AM »
Firestone Transforce A/T is a great tire. Ran a set of transforce A/Ts on my F350 for a LONG time. Highly recommend them. Ended up buying a set of Falken Wildpeak A/Ts last spring from Tires West in Warden. So far, very good with the Falkens. They are quiet, and ride smooth. Give both of these tires a look!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 01:53:59 PM by C-Money »
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2021, 06:36:53 AM »
Firestone Transforce A/T is a great tire. Ran a set of transforce A/Ts on my F350 for a LONG time. Highly recommend them. Ended up buying a set of Falken Wildpeak A/Ts last spring from Tires West in Warden. So far, very good wilt the Falkens. They are quiet, and ride smooth. Give both of these tires a look!

The falkens are great I hear

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2021, 06:58:17 AM »
Yup, like my falken wildpeak at's, still good tread with 25,000 miles.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Sandberm

• Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2021, 07:35:11 AM »
Firestone Transforce A/T is a great tire. Ran a set of transforce A/Ts on my F350 for a LONG time. Highly recommend them. Ended up buying a set of Falken Wildpeak A/Ts last spring from Tires West in Warden. So far, very good wilt the Falkens. They are quiet, and ride smooth. Give both of these tires a look!

The falkens are great I hear

Bought some in June for my silverado. Good grip and just as important to me, they are quiet.

My Cooper A/T 3 on my colorado, though the tread is lasting very well are square and loud. Not terrible loud, but slightly irritating loud.

Offline dyhardhuntr

• Hunter
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2021, 08:22:23 AM »
I’m running the Cooper at3 xlt on my 2020 ram 2500. Very good grip and wear so far. About 13k on them and plenty of tread left. I was worried about tread chipping off like my toyos did. Nothing like that so far. Good grip in snow and wet pavement. Lots of logging road miles and performing great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Craig

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2021, 02:05:13 PM »
Just ordered a set of Ridge Grapplers for my 3500. Had them on my old truck and have been happy with their performance.

Offline quackkiller

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF, pheasants forever, NRA
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2021, 07:33:39 PM »
Turns out that the st maxx are not the correct load speed rating because I have a king ranch they have to be at least a 126q so time well wasted with them ordering the tires for me. So they said they will match price on a few different tires. One being the duratrac. Anyone have any input on these being they don’t have a mileage warranty.. truck is mainly for hunting camping and that sort have a company vehicle for work so mileage warranty is not necessarily needed. Thanks to all!

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2021, 07:35:51 PM »
Just ordered a set of Ridge Grapplers for my 3500. Had them on my old truck and have been happy with their performance.

Just put a set on my RAM 2500 Diesel. What did you get for mileage out of them on your old truck?
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline haftard

• Hunter
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2021, 09:06:28 PM »
Turns out that the st maxx are not the correct load speed rating because I have a king ranch they have to be at least a 126q so time well wasted with them ordering the tires for me. So they said they will match price on a few different tires. One being the duratrac. Anyone have any input on these being they don’t have a mileage warranty.. truck is mainly for hunting camping and that sort have a company vehicle for work so mileage warranty is not necessarily needed. Thanks to all!

the durratrac should last you 50k. my mom had them on her chevy 2500 diesel and they lasted quite a while. i  got a used set on my toyota and i finaly just got sick of looking at them lol.

Offline Wingin it

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2021, 09:30:15 PM »
I am running Cooper STT Pro’s on my F350 now. I have 37000 on them and they are still at approximately 40%. They have been a good tire. On my F150 I ran the Cooper AT3’s and they are the best tire I’ve ever had for traction in wet and snow. I used to be a die hard BFG Mud Terrain guy. They lasted a long time but noisy and didn’t perform as well.

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2021, 09:50:26 AM »
I had a lot of history with Michelin A/T and A/T2s, which are excellent.
I decided to try Cooper and was not impressed with their wet and snow performance.
I went to Falken ATW3s and they have been excellent on my F150.
Smooth, quiet, and lots of use on basalt cobble and no chunking.
I'm at, I think, 41k now and they easily have another year left, I'll look at them next fall and decide if I need a new set for the winter.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal