collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunting location question  (Read 1554 times)

Offline NewHunter24

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Hunting location question
« on: October 02, 2021, 05:08:18 PM »
This will be my first year deer hunting, work has been super crazy the fast few months so I'm excited to get out there.

Plan on hunting gmu 633 located in mason County off old Olympic hwy road. Says it's wdfw owned land and turns into dnr land a little further in. If I get a discover pass I should be good to go hunting there on foot? Just don't want to go anywhere I'm not supposed to.. just wondering if someone might be able to check it out on onx or something before I go out there!

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
Re: Hunting location question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 05:29:24 PM »
A Discover pass is a parking pass needed on DNR land.  If you park on WDFW land you just need the free WDFW parking permit.  You can walk into either or both, they are public lands.

Offline NewHunter24

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Hunting location question
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 06:43:29 PM »
A Discover pass is a parking pass needed on DNR land.  If you park on WDFW land you just need the free WDFW parking permit.  You can walk into either or both, they are public lands.

Oh thanks for the info! I don't know why I was thinking I needed a discover pass to hunt on dnr land.

Is there anything to watch out for besides private land and structures + water ways on wdfw land? Figured I would keep an eye out for no shooting signs & stuff.

The gmu looks small on map but I guess I should just get out and scout it out over the next 2 weeks so used to watching people hunt in open areas where you can see for miles in the distance.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal