collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!  (Read 50206 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2021, 09:59:43 AM »
RCW 77.04.055
Commission—Duties.
(1) In establishing policies to preserve, protect, and perpetuate wildlife, fish, and wildlife and fish habitat, the commission shall meet annually with the governor to:
(a) Review and prescribe basic goals and objectives related to those policies; and
(b) Review the performance of the department in implementing fish and wildlife policies.
The commission shall maximize fishing, hunting, and outdoor recreational opportunities compatible with healthy and diverse fish and wildlife populations.
(2) The commission shall establish hunting, trapping, and fishing seasons and prescribe the time, place, manner, and methods that may be used to harvest or enjoy game fish and wildlife.
(3) The commission shall establish provisions regulating food fish and shellfish as provided in RCW 77.12.047.
(4) The commission shall have final approval authority for tribal, interstate, international, and any other department agreements relating to fish and wildlife.
(5) The commission shall adopt rules to implement the state's fish and wildlife laws.
(6) The commission shall have final approval authority for the department's budget proposals.
(7) The commission shall select its own staff and shall appoint the director of the department. The director and commission staff shall serve at the pleasure of the commission.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2021, 10:13:09 AM »
Perhaps some variation of this theme is the right thing to write to your senator
Agriculture, Water, Natural Resources & Parks (7)    Van De Wege, Chair (D); Salomon, Vice Chair (D); Warnick (R); Honeyford(R); Rolfes(D); Short(R); Stanford (D)

Please email your STATE SENATOR and tell him/her that the Governor's appointees are in violation of RCW 77.04.040, especially Fred Koontz because he replaced Bob Kehoe, who was the commercial fisherman's representation on the Commission and now they have none. Tell your state senator the only remaining open position is in Eastern Washington, and the commercial fishing industry has been left out in the cold. This also violated the legislative mandate per RCW 77.04.012 where "the department shall seek to maintain the economic well-being and stability of the fishing industry in the state." How can this be done with no commercial fishing representation on the Commission to give oversight to the Department? This needs to be done ASAP.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2021, 10:25:16 AM »
Outdoor Recreation and Economic Development
Jon Snyder
Senior Policy Advisor, Outdoor Recreation & Economic Development
360-584-3804
jon.snyder@gov.wa.gov

Jon Snyder referenced above is a liberal from Spokane that was appointed out of Spokane City Council a number of years ago.  Maybe early insless or late gregoire governorship.   Jon ran an outdoor magazine that he sold.   he is a hiking/biking/birding guy.   i don't know his position on hunting and fishing, but he will not buck the liberal enviro group.   Those are his same supporters in his prior campaigns.  Just an FYI.   

he definitely needs to be included in correspondence, but wanted you all to know that I would not anticipate him to be an Ally of our endeavor.

Offline dwils233

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2021, 10:59:06 AM »
Jon Snyder
360-584-3804
jon.snyder@gov.wa.gov

Jon Snyder referenced above is a liberal from Spokane that was appointed out of Spokane City Council a number of years ago.  Maybe early insless or late gregoire governorship.   Jon ran an outdoor magazine that he sold.   he is a hiking/biking/birding guy.   i don't know his position on hunting and fishing, but he will not buck the liberal enviro group.   Those are his same supporters in his prior campaigns.  Just an FYI.   

he definitely needs to be included in correspondence, but wanted you all to know that I would not anticipate him to be an Ally of our endeavor.

I knew I recognized that time, at least since the sale of that magazine they've been hunting neutral and/or written some prohuntng articles.

Even if he's liberal, I'd be shocked if he's anti-hunting. Could be a good olive branch to not be confrontational but educational in outreach. Especially for spokanites and eastsiders
A promise made is a debt unpaid, and the trail has its own stern code

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2021, 11:04:01 AM »
Jon Snyder
360-584-3804
jon.snyder@gov.wa.gov

I knew I recognized that time, at least since the sale of that magazine they've been hunting neutral and/or written some prohuntng articles.

Even if he's liberal, I'd be shocked if he's anti-hunting. Could be a good olive branch to not be confrontational but educational in outreach. Especially for spokanites and eastsiders

i welcome anyone who would like to extend an olive branch to Jon.   I simply meant that he isn't going to drift too far from the lockstep administration of Inslee and the commissioners in question.   i do not know if he is anti-hunting.   i wouldn't be surprised one way or the other.

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2021, 02:04:33 PM »
In terms of getting the word out to the broader hunting community, they're going to cover it on the Meateater podcast in two weeks. Hopefully that helps make our voices louder.

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2021, 02:56:23 PM »
If you think of this is going to stop with bear, you’re sadly mistaken. Every member on here should be posting on social media, emailing and calling with their disgust.

Continue the fight. Make noise. Be heard.

Offline highcountry_hunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2021, 07:10:27 PM »
If you think of this is going to stop with bear, you’re sadly mistaken. Every member on here should be posting on social media, emailing and calling with their disgust.

Continue the fight. Make noise. Be heard.

Exactly. This is how the antis slowly win, death by 1000 cuts. Look at California, they slowly chipped away at the lion hunting methods and seasons until hunting a lion became illegal.

Offline Nwgunner

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF Sportsmans Alliance
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2021, 07:14:48 PM »
Emailed em all.  Respectfully of course.  I even threw in Maria and Patty because hey, why not?

Offline Nwgunner

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF Sportsmans Alliance
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2021, 07:22:20 PM »
In respect to the GMAC, I can tell you that the committee had no opportunity to meet, debate, and provide a recommendation to the commission on this issue.  WDFW never included GMAC on any decision making nor did they ask for input until 1 week before the commission was to vote, all email only. 

Offline CJ1962

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2021, 08:02:03 AM »
My note to the Commission, maybe not as respectful as I could be, but I was pissed.

The No vote on the 2022 Spring bear season by Larry Carpenter, Barbara Baker, Lorna Smith and Fred Koontz is extremely disappointing but not surprising being the anti hunters that they are, The liberal left is always saying follow the science, except when they don't like the science and that is exactly what you 4 did. The Anti hunters said Sows with cubs were being killed, The Science presented by the biologist said they are not. You didn't like the science or want to believe the science and let your emotions and those emotions by a bunch of antis sway your decision making. You should all resign your positions so that individuals that will actually follow science can be appointed.

Offline steeleywhopper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2021, 08:23:57 AM »
edited to retract my last statement.....

It is time to find another group or entity to manage Washington's wildlife, our current so called leader isn't doing a darn thing to make it any better.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 08:45:54 AM by steeleywhopper »
Politicians like Jay Inslee are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2021, 08:36:03 AM »
Not the WDFW's fault here. Fish and Wildlife Commission's fault.

Offline GASoline71

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2021, 09:00:20 AM »
edited to retract my last statement.....

It is time to find another group or entity to manage Washington's wildlife, our current so called leader isn't doing a darn thing to make it any better.

We need to go back to the Washington Dept of Fish and GAME.  Let non-game species be managed from a different pot of money and commission...

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline KP-Skagit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2021, 09:12:19 AM »
Has Lorna Smith been Inslee's only appointee or has he appointed others during his tenure?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal