collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!  (Read 50162 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!
« Reply #270 on: November 25, 2021, 09:49:29 AM »
Sign The Online Petition:

4,143 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
At 5,000 signatures, this petition is more likely to get picked up by local news!

Bring back spring bear hunting for Washington State 2022 season?
https://www.change.org/p/jay-inslee-bring-back-spring-bear-hunting-for-washington-state-2022-season?recruiter=889172852&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=share_petition&recruited_by_id=1862a400-87dd-11e8-81de-531f0192a604
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2021, 09:56:00 AM »
Thanks bear paw, that’s a good show of force.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #272 on: November 25, 2021, 10:15:28 AM »

It's someone else who organized it, I was just spreading the word, the more that is said the better!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #273 on: November 25, 2021, 07:45:23 PM »

It's someone else who organized it, I was just spreading the word, the more that is said the better!
    I agree that everyone should sign it, but the guy who organized it listed Inslee and the USFWS as the recipients of the results..... wrong place to send it.... this needs to go to the commission and WDFW.   I sent a link but who knows if they even bother to look..

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!
« Reply #274 on: November 25, 2021, 07:48:05 PM »
4968 now.

I signed that petition probably 9pm last night. I was #1734 to sign it. It’s getting attention for sure.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline TheStovePipeKid

• They call me MISTER KID!
  • Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • I. Kill. Turkey.
    • TheStovePipeKid
  • Groups: NWTF Annual Member, NRA Extended Pay Lifetime Member
« Reply #275 on: November 25, 2021, 09:02:04 PM »
Signed. I still can't believe with the data and projected number of harvests the thought even crossed their minds to terminate a draw only spring season. The commission is a collection of fools.
I laugh in the face of Danger. Ha ha ha Danger Face!

Offline JeepWrangler

• Tracker
  • Groups: Wildlife Committee of Wa, Washington State Bowhunters, Pope and Young
« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2021, 05:08:23 AM »
Good morning.

I received written response from WDFW on 11/23/2021 9:33am that during the Spring Bear Hunt comment period and Zoom call they received over 5000 comments. (unfortunately most of those turned out to be against the spring bear hunt and now here we are)

Now this morning I see the "Bring back spring bear hunting for Washington State 2022 season?"  Change.org petition as of 4:53am has 5,170 signatures to bring back Spring Bear Hunting in Washington State.

It took the Commission several months to gather the 5000 comments they used in considering to ban Spring Bear Hunting.

Now we see the Bear Hunting Community is able to gather 5,170 signatures in less than two days (Wed 11/24 - Fri 11/26) to bring back the Spring Bear Hunting Season.

These numbers do not lie.

I've got to ask, where was everybody during the last several months when we could have made 5,170 comments to keep Spring Bear Hunting in Washington State?...

Maybe would could have done more to keep Spring Bear Hunting in Washington.

"Bonagofski, Heather L (DFW) <Heather.Bonagofski@dfw.wa.gov>
Tue 11/23/2021 9:33 AM

Good morning Brad,

... WDFW received over 5000 public comments. Here is the link to public comments and also recorded hearings, etc. https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/development/2022-spring-black-bear-rules-and-regulations"

Thank-you

Member: Washingtonians For Wildlife Conservation
Member: Wildlife Committee of Washington
Member: Washington State Bowhunters
Financial Supporter: Blood Origins
Member: Western Bear Foundation
Pope & Young Book: Washington Black Bear

Offline JeepWrangler

• Tracker
  • Groups: Wildlife Committee of Wa, Washington State Bowhunters, Pope and Young
« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2021, 05:19:25 AM »
Hello,

in support of "action shooter" in this thread above, please see written communication I received from WDFW on 11/23/2021...

I am new to all this posting stuff on public forums so for the sake of not doing something maybe that is not a good idea, I will leave out the name of the employee at WDFW who sent me the email. But the email content I am copy/paste here. (its my question / employee response to my question) the italics in the employee email did not paste into this copy / paste but the 'petition the govenor' response was in italics

"xxx@dfw.wa.gov
Tue 11/23/2021 9:33 AM

Is WDFW Commissioner Carpenter over his term length? Yes. (Also, we do not have 9 members at this time, petition the Governor if you would like to see change)  The Commission establishes policies to preserve, protect, and perpetuate fish, wildlife, and ecosystems while providing sustainable fish and wildlife recreational and commercial opportunities compatible with healthy and diverse fish and wildlife populations. The Commission consists of nine governor-appointed members that serve six-year terms, hold meetings and hearings around the state and offer opportunities for the public to weigh in on fish and wildlife issues."

I take from these comment answers to my questions of that day that change regarding the Commissioners is done through petition to the Govenor.

Thank-you action shooter for your comments above. It helps me learn so I can try to be helpful.

I appreciate this forum.

Thank-you

Member: Washingtonians For Wildlife Conservation
Member: Wildlife Committee of Washington
Member: Washington State Bowhunters
Financial Supporter: Blood Origins
Member: Western Bear Foundation
Pope & Young Book: Washington Black Bear

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #278 on: November 27, 2021, 09:26:43 AM »
 Thanks for sharing the info Jeepwrangler!

The petition is at 5700... we need to keep pushing this

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #279 on: November 27, 2021, 10:41:52 AM »

I agree that everyone should sign it, but the guy who organized it listed Inslee and the USFWS as the recipients of the results..... wrong place to send it.... this needs to go to the commission and WDFW.   I sent a link but who knows if they even bother to look..

I will be bringing up the petition/numbers when I speak to the commission (if they call on me) during the upcoming meetings.

Also, elk, wolf, cougar and mew leadership appointees are in the item lists for these upcoming meetings. Sign up to speak and pay attention people.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #280 on: November 27, 2021, 11:35:52 AM »
What we really need is a PAC, petitioning the ant-hunters is not a high probability event.  We need to create and fund a citizen's initiative, the Spring Bear Protection Act.  The purpose of the act is to protect vulnerable spring bear by directing the Department to only issue limited spring permits across the entire state in every GMU, require pelt inspection on 100% of harvested bears and impose penalties on hunters who violate department rules.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #281 on: November 27, 2021, 12:40:27 PM »
What we really need is a PAC, petitioning the ant-hunters is not a high probability event.  We need to create and fund a citizen's initiative, the Spring Bear Protection Act.  The purpose of the act is to protect vulnerable spring bear by directing the Department to only issue limited spring permits across the entire state in every GMU, require pelt inspection on 100% of harvested bears and impose penalties on hunters who violate department rules.
I do agree the petition is not gonna do a whole lot.
Just because the anti-hunters could start there own and whoop us like an old dog.
The limited permits ,Ah we already have a limited amount of permit,which are like a drop in the bucket when it comes to bear population.
We already have pelt inspection and reporting already has been done.

We need to push to make illegal to shoot sow with cubs.
YEAR ROUND.
It has been discussed by the commission, and they don't want to do it ,because people might not report there kills.
That tells me that they are more worried about you reporting. So they can throw the reports of female harvest in our faces.
They are not worried about sows with cubs,they just want you to report ,so they can screw us.
I'm telling that's the way it is.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #282 on: November 27, 2021, 12:42:48 PM »

I will be bringing up the petition/numbers when I speak to the commission (if they call on me) during the upcoming meetings.

Also, elk, wolf, cougar and mew leadership appointees are in the item lists for these upcoming meetings. Sign up to speak and pay attention people.
If they call on you? Are you signed up on topic specific or open comment?

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #283 on: November 27, 2021, 12:46:09 PM »
Just because the anti-hunters could start there own and whoop us like an old dog.
The limited permits ,Ah we already have a limited amount of permit,which are like a drop in the bucket when it comes to bear population.

YEAR ROUND.
It has been discussed by the commission, and they don't want to do it ,because people might not report there kills.
That tells me that they are more worried about you reporting. So they can throw the reports of female harvest in our faces.
They are not worried about sows with cubs,they just want you to report ,so they can screw us.

That's the point.  Citizen's initiatives get voted on largely by emotion and the writer of the initiative gets to tell the story.  Add a provision to it to make it illegal to shoot a sow, penalty is you can't hunt them for two years, only buy points but can't get drawn.  Add penalties for not having the hide sealed.  Whatever you want to add, stack the deck.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #284 on: November 27, 2021, 12:58:10 PM »

YEAR ROUND.

That's the point.  Citizen's initiatives get voted on largely by emotion and the writer of the initiative gets to tell the story.  Add a provision to it to make it illegal to shoot a sow, penalty is you can't hunt them for two years, only buy points but can't get drawn.  Add penalties for not having the hide sealed.  Whatever you want to add, stack the deck.
Make it illegal to shoot sow with cubs.
A mistake is gonna happen from time to time.
I would rather see it as normal infraction 150 dollar fine.
And someone go ahead and harvest there meat.
If you want a citizen initiative's make it a 2000 dollar fine for going down closed roads Durring fall seasons.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]