collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!  (Read 50138 times)

Offline JeepWrangler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: Wildlife Committee of Wa, Washington State Bowhunters, Pope and Young
Re: WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!
« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2021, 12:14:56 PM »
Was told this morning (in writing from the WDFW) the Commission is 'still getting dozens of emails every day' regarding the cancellation of the Spring Bear Hunting Season.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if that number was in the hundreds of emails every day?

BTW, people are still signing the change.org petition to Bring Back Spring Bear Hunting in Washington State

Earlier this morning it showed 15,643 signatures and change.org says  it is one of the highest signed petitions on their site.

If you can, if you will, please spread and share the petition. People are still signing it.

I am old. I am not very tech savy. I had to ask for help to learn how to do 'Stories' on Instagram and put in the links and such.

But every day when I repost it to my stories (apparently stories are only up for about a day then you have to add it to your stories again). but every day when I do it I add some mentions and I'll be darned.... it gets engagement on the Instagram.

If an old guy like me who is not too savy with this whole new fangled inter-web can ask for help and learn how to share a petition in an effort to help hunting... well, I encourage others to do the same.

Please.

and

Thank-you
Member: Washingtonians For Wildlife Conservation
Member: Wildlife Committee of Washington
Member: Washington State Bowhunters
Financial Supporter: Blood Origins
Member: Western Bear Foundation
Pope & Young Book: Washington Black Bear

Offline avidnwoutdoorsman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: NWTF, PF, TU, DU, BCWF, NRA, BCH&A
« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2021, 12:22:55 PM »
https://www.themeateater.com/conservation/wildlife-management/spring-bear-hunts-cancelled-in-washington-state

This was a great article by those folks. The second I heard the news on the suspension I texted my buddy over there and his response was "I'll put a writer on it". Been waiting for the article. Very happy with it.... will help us on a national level potentially like the anti's are doing.
Keep Calm Gobble On

Offline Meow

• Tracker
  • Groups: NRA, SAF
« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2021, 01:06:36 PM »
If everybody on this site was to recruit one hunter a year ,we would be so much better off right now.

:yeah: BINGO! A square hit right there, you nailed it!
Not to say we don't need to be proactive, but hunter recruitment is probably the most serious issue we face!
I Agree Alot of proactive.
Recruitment would help us out A lot in the future.

And be sure to emphasize the fun and benefits of predator hunting. Get your new recruits in the field in August and early September when the conditions are a little more forgiving and the concentration of hunters is less. 8)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #348 on: December 04, 2021, 04:01:09 PM »
H-W is looking for a new moderator for the Activism Board. Washington State Bow Hunters and Washington State Trappers have both been active on the forum and the forum has another group that just joined to promote activism. Candidates for this moderator position should be someone who:

1. Wants to support and work together with all involved user groups
2. Wants to do more to promote activism on the forum and in Washington
3. Willing to work closely with the other moderators on the forum
4. Can be level headed even when others may attempt to provoke
5. Must be committed to keeping confidential information completely confidential
6. Understands this is a voluntary position in every respect

If you are interested please send me a message!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline harveymarv

• Hunter
« Reply #349 on: December 04, 2021, 08:52:48 PM »
i emailed the commission again, got a few more people to sign the change.org petition, and i will be submitting (mailing) the repeal petition form to wdfw tomorrow. by law, they have to reply within 60 days, and when they reject my petition i plan to go down the appeal path.

Offline JeepWrangler

• Tracker
  • Groups: Wildlife Committee of Wa, Washington State Bowhunters, Pope and Young
« Reply #350 on: December 05, 2021, 05:03:30 AM »
Thank you harveymarv

:tup:   :tup:
Member: Washingtonians For Wildlife Conservation
Member: Wildlife Committee of Washington
Member: Washington State Bowhunters
Financial Supporter: Blood Origins
Member: Western Bear Foundation
Pope & Young Book: Washington Black Bear

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #351 on: December 05, 2021, 11:12:36 AM »
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #352 on: December 05, 2021, 11:27:49 AM »
It will be interesting to follow.  I wouldn't even be surprised if the state didn't respond.

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2021, 07:57:01 AM »
I would hope as many pictures of cows in the blues with no calves about and a copy of the commissions goals for the herd might help with more pics of wolves and cats emailed as a bonus.  Remember Kretz pictures with cat damaged foals?  Certainly had an effect.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2021, 09:21:13 AM »
Meateater episode #302 he speaks to spring bear. Skip to the 40 min mark if you're only interested in the bear topic.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Torrent50

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #356 on: December 07, 2021, 11:35:19 AM »
I posted this same post in the other spring bear season thread, but wanted it to be here as well so everyone gets it.

I just received a phone call from Representative MaCewen's office.  He is one of my reps that I emailed.  The person I talked to said that they have received several letters about this decision and he has been working to get details.  He also said that they just found out that the 9th position has not been filled and will be drafting a letter to be signed by Rep MaCewen to the Governor asking why he has not filled the position in violation of the RCW and push him to fill the spot.  He wasn't sure how this would affect decisions that have been made in the past without the eastern half of the state being properly represented but stated that he would keep in touch with me about what happens.

I was also told that they are drafting legislation to be presented at the session starting in January to remove the setting of hunting seasons and regulations from the Commission and make it part of the legislative process as is done in most other states.  I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this, knowing some of the other decisions that the legislature makes.  But, they would be less likely to make a decision based on emotion and ignore the science.  The one thing it would provide is many more pressure points for us, as citizens, to apply pressure to make quality decisions.
"when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."  Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #357 on: December 07, 2021, 12:04:01 PM »
I was also told that they are drafting legislation to be presented at the session starting in January to remove the setting of hunting seasons and regulations from the Commission and make it part of the legislative process as is done in most other states.  I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this, knowing some of the other decisions that the legislature makes.  But, they would be less likely to make a decision based on emotion and ignore the science.  The one thing it would provide is many more pressure points for us, as citizens, to apply pressure to make quality decisions.
First off, this is not done in "most other states." Also, this would mean the democrat controlled legislature and the governor would approve hunting seasons, how do you think that will fare for us?

Sorry, but this is a TERRIBLE proposal!

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #358 on: December 07, 2021, 12:06:42 PM »
First off, this is not done in "most other states." Also, this would mean the democrat controlled legislature and the governor would approve hunting seasons, how do you think that will fare for us?

Sorry, but this is a TERRIBLE proposal!

Thanks, bigtex.  Perfect response !!!
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #359 on: December 07, 2021, 12:15:23 PM »
Agree, that is not the way.

We need to block confirmation of Smith by writing our reps and making a stink, and push for the 9th commission member to be appointed.  We also need a good replacement for the chair.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]