collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!  (Read 50164 times)

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
Re: WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!
« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2022, 02:42:45 PM »
Are they gonna revote or what.
Should I buy my hunting license or permit.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2022, 02:44:32 PM »
Well that went better than expected honestly. Larry needs to go. His reasoning and lack of conviction are flawed and he has exceeded his term limit. Thorn burn was great as was baker and mcisaac. Now to pay attention and push hard to
Fill the remaining commissioners seats with pro hunters and fishers. That’s the next step in this fight. What’s more if anyone wants to come forward with a nominee for eastern seat please do and let’s get started on that ASAP. You just know Lorna is gunna be crying to inslee about this so let’s get moving now as well.

You you going to push hard?  Inslee appoints them

Offline Wphunt

• Tracker
« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2022, 02:45:47 PM »
So 5 of the petitions were thrown out as unlawful since they called for a re-vote if I understood that correctly. The win today was that the Meateater/Blood Origins/Inland Wildlife Council/etc petition would be considered. What exactly does that mean if that petition is not specifically calling for a re-vote? Is that petition document available to the public?

They explain it pretty well on this podcast with Marie Neumiller from the INWWC. https://megaphone.link/WPCM6549762841
Basically it removes the loophole where the season has to pass by majority vote every year. If changes aren't passed by the commission things will go back to the previous years regulations. Won't do anything for 2022 but will keep this from happening down the road. That's how I understand it anyway.
If a man does his best, what else is there?

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2022, 02:57:31 PM »

If we have a spring season it will be late and short.  Have to start back at square one.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Online jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2022, 03:01:32 PM »

If we have a spring season it will be late and short.  Have to start back at square one.

The best hunting is the last two weeks anyhow.  I hope it gets reinstated....I would buy a tag / permit for a chance to hunt the last two weeks. 

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2022, 03:02:37 PM »
Well that went better than expected honestly. Larry needs to go. His reasoning and lack of conviction are flawed and he has exceeded his term limit. Thorn burn was great as was baker and mcisaac. Now to pay attention and push hard to
Fill the remaining commissioners seats with pro hunters and fishers. That’s the next step in this fight. What’s more if anyone wants to come forward with a nominee for eastern seat please do and let’s get started on that ASAP. You just know Lorna is gunna be crying to inslee about this so let’s get moving now as well.

Exactly, the thought that Inslee is going to stuff the commission with hunters and fishermen is fantasy.  Larry hosed us, but I can almost guarantee he will be better than whoever his replacement is.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2022, 03:03:26 PM »

Thanks I'm gonna listen tomorrow,since I logged in to late today. I just finished the last meeting before this one.
Maybe next pay day I'll just buy my licences for the year and be ready.

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #442 on: January 21, 2022, 03:07:53 PM »
So 5 of the petitions were thrown out as unlawful since they called for a re-vote if I understood that correctly. The win today was that the Meateater/Blood Origins/Inland Wildlife Council/etc petition would be considered. What exactly does that mean if that petition is not specifically calling for a re-vote? Is that petition document available to the public?
Changing the WAC to remove year so that each year they aren’t voting on a spring bear season but rather permit totals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline Platensek-po

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #443 on: January 21, 2022, 03:08:24 PM »

Yes by showing overwhelming support and pushing for certain people to be considered over others. Or you can just sit back and do nothing about it but cry afterwards. Choice is yours.
“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”

If you are not willing to die for freedom then take the word out of your vocabulary.

Offline tyfghter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #444 on: January 21, 2022, 03:19:18 PM »
Is that petition document available to the public?

I got it from the meeting page, but this link should work. Its the 2nd or 3rd petition.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-01/Spring%20Bear%20Petitions%20-%20Allv2_0.pdf

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #445 on: January 21, 2022, 03:21:41 PM »
Changing the WAC to remove year so that each year they aren’t voting on a spring bear season but rather permit totals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya was thinking the same,this whole pile of turd started cause all they was doing was reducing a handful of permits.
Then spring bear WW3 broke out.

Online pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #446 on: January 21, 2022, 03:42:12 PM »
Ahh so that's why it carried. Smart move by Inland/Meateat/et al. So the idea is, if this motion carries, the 2022 hunt is on and set to 2021 permit amounts. Moving forward, permit quotas would be the only thing they could change unless they went through all the proper procedures to remove the hunt entirely.

Offline Shawn Ryan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Snoozing in elk country.
« Reply #447 on: January 21, 2022, 03:52:11 PM »
Ahh so that's why it carried. Smart move by Inland/Meateat/et al. So the idea is, if this motion carries, the 2022 hunt is on and set to 2021 permit amounts. Moving forward, permit quotas would be the only thing they could change unless they went through all the proper procedures to remove the hunt entirely.

That is not accurate. We still do not have a 2022 spring bear season. We are just back to step 1 of creating a 2022 spring bear season. Both of McIsaac's motions passed. His second motion starts the rule making process to have a 2022 spring bear season.

And know that even if the year is removed from the WAC so that there is a presumptive spring bear season and the number of permits is the only issue, that number could be zero. This fight won't be over even if the WAC is amended to remove the year.

Online pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2022, 03:56:05 PM »
Huh, guess I misunderstood that second motion then. Thought it was to change the timeline on when spring bear rulemaking occurred in the future. Which I guess the 2022 hunt is still future. Hard to read them the way they had them up on the screen there.

Offline KNOPHISH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #449 on: January 21, 2022, 03:59:59 PM »
I’ve been writing lots of letters lately. Who again confirms commissioners? Need to vote smith off the island and also I think carpenter? And who are the new ones dimslee nominated?
I have Man Chit to do

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU