collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!  (Read 49917 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: WDFW Spring Bear 2022 cancelled!
« Reply #450 on: January 21, 2022, 04:12:01 PM »
Just remember, IF we win this battle the pivot will become a scorched earth campaign from the anti's. I want us to get the season back but if we do, it's only going to double their resolve and attacks

Buckle up

For the first time in my life as a hunter.....we as hunters have finally started banding together and fighting for a common goal.  Just maybe.....we can carry this further and combat any further battles that may or may not come of this vote.  I view this as a 100% positive thing.   :tup:

Hail yassss
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #451 on: January 21, 2022, 04:45:15 PM »
Just remember, IF we win this battle the pivot will become a scorched earth campaign from the anti's. I want us to get the season back but if we do, it's only going to double their resolve and attacks

Buckle up

For the first time in my life as a hunter.....we as hunters have finally started banding together and fighting for a common goal.  Just maybe.....we can carry this further and combat any further battles that may or may not come of this vote.  I view this as a 100% positive thing.   :tup:

Hail yassss

Anyone who has been listening to the meetings knows the scorched earth campaign is already well established.

Great post about us all banding together.  Seems like most of the hunters I know sent in either a form letter or something of that nature.

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2022, 05:01:46 PM »

Buckle up

Hail yassss

X1000
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline Shawn Ryan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Snoozing in elk country.
« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2022, 05:07:54 PM »
Huh, guess I misunderstood that second motion then. Thought it was to change the timeline on when spring bear rulemaking occurred in the future. Which I guess the 2022 hunt is still future. Hard to read them the way they had them up on the screen there.

No disrespect meant. Just wanted that issue to be clear. Our comment period is not over. We have to stay in this fight, especially over the next few weeks.

The Commission's report from today, with link to watch today's meeting:  https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/fish-and-wildlife-commission-authorizes-new-rule-making-spring-black-bear-special-permits

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2022, 05:16:50 PM »
I’ve been writing lots of letters lately. Who again confirms commissioners? Need to vote smith off the island and also I think carpenter? And who are the new ones dimslee nominated?

The Senate natural resources comittie has to approve and bring them to a vote of the state senate.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2022, 05:33:24 PM »
Huh, guess I misunderstood that second motion then. Thought it was to change the timeline on when spring bear rulemaking occurred in the future. Which I guess the 2022 hunt is still future. Hard to read them the way they had them up on the screen there.

No disrespect meant. Just wanted that issue to be clear. Our comment period is not over. We have to stay in this fight, especially over the next few weeks.

The Commission's report from today, with link to watch today's meeting:  https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/fish-and-wildlife-commission-authorizes-new-rule-making-spring-black-bear-special-permits
We definitely still have to keep the pressure high.  Most likely there will be a vote in March to determine if a season will take place for 2022.  I believe continued messages to Commissioners and JT Austin (Gov Policy advisor) will remain important.  We need to especially pay attention to Commission appointments that could prove crucial for a March spring bear vote.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2022, 10:55:05 PM »

We definitely still have to keep the pressure high.  Most likely there will be a vote in March to determine if a season will take place for 2022.  I believe continued messages to Commissioners and JT Austin (Gov Policy advisor) will remain important.  We need to especially pay attention to Commission appointments that could prove crucial for a March spring bear vote.
I really doubt we will have any ability to stop a commissioner from being confirmed.  The committee is carried by a democratic majority.

Lorna Smith anyone?  Fred Koontz?  Barbara Baker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #457 on: January 22, 2022, 10:22:42 AM »
Smith isn’t confirmed, we need to let the senate committee know that she isn’t working in the best interest of WDFW or of wildlife in Washington.

We also need to keep pressure on the commission, keep emailing!

It’s ok if the season starts may 1 or may 10.

We don’t want this kicked down the road where we have to start the season process over from the beginning.
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline dwils233

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #458 on: January 22, 2022, 11:24:27 AM »
Smith isn’t confirmed, we need to let the senate committee know that she isn’t working in the best interest of WDFW or of wildlife in Washington.

We also need to keep pressure on the commission, keep emailing!

It’s ok if the season starts may 1 or may 10.

We don’t want this kicked down the road where we have to start the season process over from the beginning.
I agree and should clarify:
The message should be that Smith is not operating under the mandate of the commission per state rcw and then explain the mandate and offer an example. Give them actionable proof!
A promise made is a debt unpaid, and the trail has its own stern code

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #459 on: January 22, 2022, 11:32:07 AM »
:(
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline Rob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #460 on: January 22, 2022, 12:18:39 PM »
Help me understand what happened.

5 of 6 petitions were rejects due to technicalities, and the 6the one was considered.  The result of that was a 4/3 vote and a directive to start rule setting for a 2022 season.  Is that correct?

What does it mean to start rule setting?  Does that mean theee will be a season?  Or they need to propose rules that would need to be ratified by the commission?
Just sit back and enjoy your ride
  - Chris Ledoux

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #461 on: January 22, 2022, 12:48:12 PM »
Help me understand what happened.

5 of 6 petitions were rejects due to technicalities, and the 6the one was considered.  The result of that was a 4/3 vote and a directive to start rule setting for a 2022 season.  Is that correct?

What does it mean to start rule setting?  Does that mean theee will be a season?  Or they need to propose rules that would need to be ratified by the commission?

According to the director in a zoom meaning a season is possible if everything goes perfect. If not then it would be next year.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #462 on: January 22, 2022, 01:06:17 PM »
They have to approve rule making so a proposed season can be published. Then they have to provide 30 days for public comments. Then the Commission can hear the proposed rules in a public meeting with time for comments. After all that they can vote on the proposal.
All part of requirements for public comment.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline harveymarv

• Hunter
« Reply #463 on: January 22, 2022, 01:11:51 PM »
ya my impression from the meeting conversation was that mcisaac’s motion to approve the 1 petition, freed rule making for 2022 to proceed per the process: https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations

meaning another public comment battle in march. likely a battle before this battle to appoint anti-hunting commissioners to skew the vote back in favor of predators.

susewind said he thought it could get done in time for a season starting may 1 2022. ol’ lorna said she doubted it could get done in time, and we otter just wait for inslee’s new appointees to skew the vote back in favor of cute baby bears that are “shackled” to poor lethargic mama bears. baker implied hunters would eventually thank the commission for eliminating spring bear. carpenter sounds like a lost cause.

can anyone spell out specific steps to support appointments of specific pro-consumptive-conservationist commission candidates?

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #464 on: January 22, 2022, 10:21:25 PM »
ya my impression from the meeting conversation was that mcisaac’s motion to approve the 1 petition, freed rule making for 2022 to proceed per the process: https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations

meaning another public comment battle in march. likely a battle before this battle to appoint anti-hunting commissioners to skew the vote back in favor of predators.

susewind said he thought it could get done in time for a season starting may 1 2022. ol’ lorna said she doubted it could get done in time, and we otter just wait for inslee’s new appointees to skew the vote back in favor of cute baby bears that are “shackled” to poor lethargic mama bears. baker implied hunters would eventually thank the commission for eliminating spring bear. carpenter sounds like a lost cause.

can anyone spell out specific steps to support appointments of specific pro-consumptive-conservationist commission candidates?

Letters of support for Brian Blake and Rylan Weythman to the govenor. Only 2 I know of.

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter