collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Blacktail Rut Thread - Post updates here  (Read 28560 times)

Offline Pete112288

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Blacktail Rut Thread - Post updates here
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2021, 04:14:48 AM »
Around 1am Wednesday at work in the western edge of the Washougal unit I saw 2 bucks and 3 does. Both bucks necks were getting pretty thick. One was hanging off to the side and the other was chasing one or two of the does around. all within 30 yards of me at the time. Pretty cool to watch as they didnt seem to care I was there. Both bucks were on the young side for this area. Couldnt quite be completely sure of antler size as I didnt have that great of light. But both were in the class I call "pretty good size forky or smaller 3pt"
The whole time I could hear one of the deer continuously making a faint short grunt type noise. Never actually heard first hand a blacktail vocalizing. Knew they did, just never heard it first hand. Really was a pretty cool thing to watch. Also torturous at the time as the area I have been hunting is only 1/2 mile or so down the road and was FULL of does several days ago.
Getting out this morning through Sunday morning. So hope the rut action keeps going.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2021, 01:54:10 PM »
Unfortunately I'm all in on this guy...or bust... he's guna be pissing off the local Forester though... he's hammering healthy 8-10" cedar trees... :chuckle: there's well over 20 tree's like this in a qrtr mile sq area... fortunately he's wise so the pursuit has been fun. I think he's locked down with a doe right now ..so will see.

Offline headshot5

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2021, 02:02:27 PM »
Unfortunately I'm all in on this guy...or bust... he's guna be pissing off the local Forester though... he's hammering healthy 8-10" cedar trees... :chuckle: there's well over 20 tree's like this in a qrtr mile sq area... fortunately he's wise so the pursuit has been fun. I think he's locked down with a doe right now ..so will see.

Have any game cam pics of him?  Not asking you to show them, just a yes or no.  More interested if you are choosing to go all in on him based off of his rubs or off a pic/seeing him.   

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2021, 02:05:06 PM »

Have any game cam pics of him?  Not asking you to show them, just a yes or no.  More interested if you are choosing to go all in on him based off of his rubs or off a pic/seeing him.   

Yes and yes...

Passion started over last year's rub scar's.. renewed with this year's rubs ....and....pics eventually exposed him.

Online Fatherof5

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2021, 02:07:59 PM »

Yes and yes...

Passion started over last year's rub scar's.. renewed with this year's rubs ....and....pics eventually exposed him.

Show us the pics!!!!!!!  :chuckle:

Offline Duckslayer89

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2021, 02:08:33 PM »

Yes and yes...

Let’s see him lol!

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2021, 02:11:13 PM »
In time  :chuckle:

Offline Duckslayer89

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2021, 02:33:57 PM »

Offline headshot5

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2021, 02:43:48 PM »

Yes and yes...

Nice, luck to you keep after him.

Offline Platensek-po

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2021, 04:07:11 PM »

Yes and yes...

Well go get him so we can see this bad boy!!!!
“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”

If you are not willing to die for freedom then take the word out of your vocabulary.

Online brew

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2021, 04:58:46 PM »
Nothing to see yet around here :chuckle:
beer---it's whats for dinner

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2021, 05:20:53 PM »
I’m not a deer meat fan, so the older I get the more I trophy hunt for deer. Saw a good, tall 4x3 today, not sure what he was up to but he stood like a statue for at least 1/2 hour.  I grunted at him and he just turned his head, I’m guessing he was in the rut but surprised he wasn’t moving more.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline HunterofWA

• Scout
    • Aery Drone Photos
  • Groups: Huntersofwashington
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2021, 06:20:45 PM »
Bucks are starting to move on my camera. Morning and evening activity seems to be the trend.
...suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope...

YT | @pnw_offgrid

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2021, 06:42:03 PM »
Nothing to see yet around here :chuckle:

Ha, great cam capture Brew. I think you should invite him for dinner.
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline HunterofWA

• Scout
    • Aery Drone Photos
  • Groups: Huntersofwashington
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2021, 01:10:20 PM »
I'm going to predict I will shoot my buck tonight. Check back later  ;)
...suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope...

YT | @pnw_offgrid

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1