collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Covid before deer camp  (Read 6250 times)

Offline b0bbyg

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: Covid before deer camp
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2021, 03:13:01 PM »
I lost a friend last night 52 years old in good health, weird how it affects people differently be safe all!

yes it is.   Condolences  :'(       My cousins(husband & wife) both felt symptoms for 2 days. Went to bed, he was dead by 9am. 49y/o and healthy. This was prior to the vaccine

I've seen both vaxed & non-vaxed get it at work. Those that had the shot had mild symptoms, those w/o varied but a few were hospitalized and still have lingering affects a year+ later

Edit :)

Edit :) 
Everyone who can get out there and enjoy the season,  to the rest of you get better so you can get out later this year.   :tup:

« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 10:00:43 PM by b0bbyg »
In God we trust, all others bring cash.

Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
Ecclesiastes 7 10

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »
I lost a friend last night 52 years old in good health, weird how it affects people differently be safe all!

Very sorry to hear of your loss.  It is crazy how it impacts some way worse than others.  I have seen people in their young 50's very, very sick with this delta variant.  If you are old with co-morbids....it is likely a death sentence if you get it and are not vaccinated. 

Young people generally do well and recover within 2-3 weeks.....though no one knows what the long lasting effects of having had COVID really are.  I have a co-worker that had it and lost his smell, almost 12 months later and he still cannot smell.  Pretty crappy way to go through life....having lost your smell, well except for the one week a year you spend at deer camp with your stinky buddies.   :chuckle:

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2021, 03:27:59 PM »

yes it is.   Condolences  :'(       My cousins(husband & wife) both felt symptoms for 2 days. Went to bed, he was dead by 9am. 49y/o and healthy. This was prior to the vaccine

I've seen both vaxed & non-vaxed get it at work. Those that had the shot had mild symptoms, those w/o varied but a few were hospitalized and still have lingering affects a year+ later

If you don't trust the science or doctors to get the vaccine, why do you trust them to heal you after you get it?  :twocents:

I think you are mixing things together that can be very different things.   :twocents:  and would not be surprised to see this get pushed into politics section after that judgement grenade  :chuckle:

I don't trust much of todays "science" based on how it is manipulated in recent times, I also don't use "science" when I get sick.
I trust my Doctor to try and help cure me when sick, but even doctors today are handcuffed by politics and science which concerns me.

I'd really like to see this thread stay put and not get moved to the political or off topics thread.  Reserve judgement for those threads and keep this one informational.  The only reason I ask about vaccinations and positive COVID tests is out of curiosity.  I know what that the stats say and I have my beliefs.....but that is not what this thread is about.   :tup:

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2021, 03:32:55 PM »
I think you guys missed the point about the post.  I was simply trying to say those who are able go . Should go and cherish it. You  never know when might be your last year , a lot of folks always have to turn this into vax or unvaccinated or political wasn’t the point at all

To those sitting in camp or weighting for opening morning I’m rooting for you guys I know I’ll be sending encouragement to my family and group  best of luck all

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2021, 03:40:39 PM »
My take on it is the chance of bad side effects from the vaccination is out-weighed by the possible positives of getting the vaccination. It took me quite awhile to come to that conclusion based on family and friends vaccinated and not, ending up getting covid.  This is not politicized for me however I cast my vote for faucci being a lying bastige.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2021, 03:57:02 PM »
I think you guys missed the point about the post.  I was simply trying to say those who are able go . Should go and cherish it. You  never know when might be your last year , a lot of folks always have to turn this into vax or unvaccinated or political wasn’t the point at all

To those sitting in camp or weighting for opening morning I’m rooting for you guys I know I’ll be sending encouragement to my family and group  best of luck all

I understood your post after you stated you were "not going" to camp this year.  Sorry if it got derailed....was not the point of my asking about vaccinations status. 

I agree.....enjoy your hunts and family, you never know when it may be yours or a hunting partners last hunt.   :tup:   

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2021, 05:38:29 PM »
Sorry bout my previous comment.  Don't want the thread moved either.  Deleted portions off topic, even tho they were quoted.

SORRY

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2021, 05:53:07 PM »
All good gents ,

Everyone enjoy your season I’ll be watching via hunt wa and text

Offline BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2021, 10:52:24 PM »
Good call...and everyone be well  :tup:

Online BLH69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2021, 11:14:58 PM »
  Everybody be safe! Hope you all do well.

Offline jason balazs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • www.facebook.com/outdoorproductreviews
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2021, 12:46:10 PM »
Didn’t you get the vaccine?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal