collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2021 General Deer  (Read 14962 times)

Online hard hunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: 2021 General Deer
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2021, 09:37:55 PM »
Congrats on a nice buck

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2021, 09:43:14 PM »
Heck of a buck Bruce.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2021, 10:49:00 PM »
Great buck!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Bad Andy

• Pilgrim
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2021, 12:04:29 AM »
That's a dandy buck! Thanks for sharing!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2021, 12:15:48 AM »
Photos not so great but this is the biggest buck I ever killed 3x4 with eye guards, 18 1'2" wide.

I’m jealous Bruce! I have several 180+ muleys and have never tagged a blacktail, yet alone a blacktail like that! Congrats!!! :tup:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Katalla

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tracker
  • WSTA, NTA
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2021, 04:32:12 AM »
That’s a dandy buck on opening day. Thanks for sharing

Offline grousetracker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2021, 05:24:37 AM »
Don't take the blame for people that cannot read, great buck! YOU HAVE TO PUT YOUR SCOPE ON IT TO SHOOT!

Offline redi

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2021, 05:36:11 AM »
Great buck Bruce congrats

Offline Rutnbuxnbulls

• Scout
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2021, 05:53:46 AM »
Great Blacktail I’d be happy with a mulie that was that big!
I hunted the opener in a low deer low hunter area. Hiked into some 6000’ open meadow country but didn’t glass up any deer. Had a great hike, went further than I wanted too, resting today gonna hunt evenings this week after work. Moon might have them feeding at evenings and at night. Good luck out there. Saw a lot of road hunters.

Offline Angus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2021, 07:28:16 AM »
Hunted the Coweeman yesterday and passed up a spike about 15 minutes after daylight, didn't see another deer until 15 minutes before dark and couldn't pass this 1 up. First opening day deer I've ever shot, don't know if I was emotionally prepared to be done so soon. I guess its grouse season now :chuckle:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 07:34:05 AM by Angus »

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2021, 08:14:24 AM »
Hunted the Coweeman yesterday and passed up a spike about 15 minutes after daylight, didn't see another deer until 15 minutes before dark and couldn't pass this 1 up. First opening day deer I've ever shot, don't know if I was emotionally prepared to be done so soon. I guess its grouse season now :chuckle:

Way to get it done and move on.   

Super nice buck Humptulips!  Congratulations.
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2021, 08:38:12 AM »
Photos not so great but this is the biggest buck I ever killed 3x4 with eye guards, 18 1'2" wide.

The rain was turning to mist this morning about 8:00 when I rounded the corner of a game exclosure fence Green Diamond put up on the Wynoochee. Pretty flat but there was a rise that broke over about a 100 yards in front of me. I couldn't see beyond. I set my shooting sticks up, rested my gun on them an almost immediately saw a deer which I thought a doe to my left. looked at her with the scope and yes it was a doe but she kept looking off to her left. Scope had a lot of water on it so I dragged out some tissue and swiped it. looked at her again and she kept looking to her left but I saw nothing there. She moved on and I scanned farther in the direction she had been looking and there was a deer. I instantly new it to be a buck. All I could see was his head and neck. He was looking right at me. I put the cross hairs under his chin and pulled the trigger and he was gone.
 I felt confident in my shot. I was going to pick up my empty and I thought the heck with that, worry about the deer first. I walked towards where he was and when I got to where I thought he had been, nothing. It was very open so I started getting worried. I kept walking and every step I was more apprehensive. About a 100 feet past where i thought he should be I cleared the top of the rise and there he was upright in a depression. His legs had collapsed but he was upright with his nose in the dirt. Never even moved enough to flop over on his side.
This is the second buck I have killed walking the perimeter of that fence. I'll be sad to see it get too growed up. Probably two more years hunting there at most.
Two miles out to the gate for my cart and the round trip with the deer put me out by noon. I have a feeling I burned up a lot of luck getting this deer.

Had to bring it all together for a bt like that ol stud.  Skill, patience, knowledge, and a bit of luck.  Great buck, way to go !

Offline 257wbymagkiller

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2021, 09:17:04 AM »
Congrats to everyone that’s notched a tag. Love seeing the black tails. Probably my favorite animal! Keep ‘‘em coming!

Offline swampbear

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Tracker
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2021, 05:59:46 PM »
Had some opening day of general season success

Offline svent0341

• Pilgrim
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2021, 07:58:26 PM »
My son and I have been out since the 13th since he had a youth antlerless draw that started the 8th. Saw 7 Elk but no blacktail. not even a Doe. Saw plenty of fresh sign/scat. It is Only our second year hunting and I have no idea what we're doing wrong. Maybe we're just too loud moving around...Seems like we should have seen at least a Doe since we had the woods to ourselves. I'm almost obsessed with checking the wind, making sure we don't have it to our backs. Spent time out of the truck hiking in behind gates and glassing, still hunting the thick stuff... Don't have the opportunity to go back out until next sunday-wed, so hopefully We'll miss the weekend crowd, but we'll keep at it.
Text or call a buddy today and check on them

12/5

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal