collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Late Season Archery  (Read 1516 times)

Offline bow boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Late Season Archery
« on: October 17, 2021, 05:46:15 PM »
Headed out for a late season archery - eastern Wa. Hunted for everything but elk, so starting from scratch. I have heard “2 feet of snow” thrown around for when elk start moving lower in late season, but hunting in an any bull unit, wondering if they will still be up in the hard-to-get-to areas of higher elevation or down in the private fields with the cows. I tend to try and put myself where the majority of people aren’t willing to hike into which has helped me be successful over the years. Planning on taking 2 multi-day scouting trips mid November to learn all I can. Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated, feel free to reach out as well.

Offline Rutnbuxnbulls

• Scout
Re: Late Season Archery
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 07:41:09 PM »
I’ll be tryin to do the same thing. From what I know the older bulls will stay higher longer. The lead cows will migrate to lower elevations when food is covered by snow so it might not have to be 2’ as much as covered and frozen food. Spikes and younger bulls will probably be nearer the cows/calves so just depends what age class you’re after. Good luck out there I’ll be in any elk unit I think.

Offline Wphunt

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Tracker
Re: Late Season Archery
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 08:23:27 PM »
I'll be doing this hunt as well, first time. I don't have a lot of experience with elk around here, but I see elk at all elevations almost at any time. There are definitely elk that live near ag land all the time and some that have to migrate. I'm not sure where you are hunting but there just aren't big numbers in NE WA. I see them, but not a lot. Personally I don't know of a place in the mountains where I have seen enough of them to give me confidence, so I will be trying some spots at lower elevation near ag. Good luck!
If a man does his best, what else is there?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal