collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Climbing Tree Stands?  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Learo2000GT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Climbing Tree Stands?
« on: October 04, 2021, 02:45:27 PM »
So I am hunting Hancock/Kapowsin area and found a ton of signs in this swampy tall grass area between some thick timber and it would be helpful to get up higher.  Jumped a monster 5 point but it looks like its a bedding area. So was thinking of getting in there an hour after the first light when they might be returning to there bedding area and sit there for the day as I have a feeling bucks are going to be on the move from hunting pressure.

Being it's not private property and I don't want to leave it there permanently I was looking at the climbing tree stands but not so sure how fast they are to put up and the safety concerns.

I was looking at the summit viper as it's only 20lbs and looks easy to pack in to set up. 

Any experience or recommendations for climbing or other temp types stands much appreciated.

Thanks Doug

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Climbing Tree Stands?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 02:58:14 PM »
I own 2. They are a great stand but like all things metal make noise.

It is my experience that metal clanking carries a long ways. Black foam water pipe wrapping a bunch of metal and compression straps are important to keep quiet. Pre limbing trees as well as practice using them.

I wouldn't go in too early and if you haven't read Byod Iversons book it would hep you not blow up a spot like that. :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Learo2000GT

• Tracker
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 06:14:10 AM »

It is my experience that metal clanking carries a long ways. Black foam water pipe wrapping a bunch of metal and compression straps are important to keep quiet. Pre limbing trees as well as practice using them.

I wouldn't go in too early and if you haven't read Byod Iversons book it would hep you not blow up a spot like that. :twocents:
I actually have the book on order. Thanks for the heads up. This is going to be more of a learning year for me then anything.  Usually hunt white tail in Montana but didn’t get tags this year and grew up in Michigan hunting agro white tails and it sounds like black tails are a lot more difficult to hunt.  As long as I am in the woods I am in good spirits and a deer would be icing on the cake. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Learo2000GT

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 04:55:02 AM »

I actually have the book on order. Thanks for the heads up. This is going to be more of a learning year for me then anything.  Usually hunt white tail in Montana but didn’t get tags this year and grew up in Michigan hunting agro white tails and it sounds like black tails are a lot more difficult to hunt.  As long as I am in the woods I am in good spirits and a deer would be icing on the cake. 

Man just tried finding Boyd Iversons book black tail tactics and version one doesn’t appear to be in print and version 2 is going for 90 bucks for paperback on Amazon.   Now I really want to get my hands on the book.   

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 08:20:29 AM »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal