collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wyoming region F Mule Deer  (Read 1697 times)

Online abhold87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Wyoming region F Mule Deer
« on: October 21, 2021, 08:36:11 PM »
Been doing a lot of reading on forums, Wyoming fish and game website, and looking at maps. Seems like the heards up around Cody Wyoming are hurting. Also can’t hunt the wilderness because of being a non resident. Have quite a few spots picked out in gmu 110-113. Looks like a huge guide presence in the area as well. Anybody else ever hunt here? Any last minute tips? Headed out this Monday with my dad. It will be his first out of state trip to hunt with me. Weather will hopefully have them migrating and hopefully some pre rutting going on. Watched a 2x2 here in WA already following a doe sniffing her and sticking his nose up in the air.
The pursuit of happiness is best spent In the outdoors doing manly stuff like killing things or fishing.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
Re: Wyoming region F Mule Deer
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 08:54:24 PM »
Nothing to offer but good luck.... how many points did it take?

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 09:11:38 PM »
Been doing a lot of reading on forums, Wyoming fish and game website, and looking at maps. Seems like the heards up around Cody Wyoming are hurting. Also can’t hunt the wilderness because of being a non resident. Have quite a few spots picked out in gmu 110-113. Looks like a huge guide presence in the area as well. Anybody else ever hunt here? Any last minute tips? Headed out this Monday with my dad. It will be his first out of state trip to hunt with me. Weather will hopefully have them migrating and hopefully some pre rutting going on. Watched a 2x2 here in WA already following a doe sniffing her and sticking his nose up in the air.
hey Eric, I’ve hunted 116 just south of there.  We found most of our bucks close to farm ground since we also couldn’t hunt wilderness.  Did find one really nice buck right in the border of wilderness and national forest.  Good luck on your hunt!

Online abhold87

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 09:51:24 PM »
Nothing to offer but good luck.... how many points did it take?

First year putting in for Wyoming for a general season tag actually. Goal is to get a buck in all the north western states.
The pursuit of happiness is best spent In the outdoors doing manly stuff like killing things or fishing.

Online abhold87

• Hunter
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 07:24:11 AM »
 hey Eric, I’ve hunted 116 just south of there.  We found most of our bucks close to farm ground since we also couldn’t hunt wilderness.  Did find one really nice buck right in the border of wilderness and national forest.  Good luck on your hunt!
[/quote]
Thank you and yea I originally wanted to hike up and hunt the orders of the wilderness in a couple spots but it would be to far of a hike for my dad nowadays. We will end up probably just hiking into multiple spots and then focusing on a area I see the most deer in.

Offline steeleywhopper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 08:08:42 AM »
My folks live outside of Cody up the South Fork and the Grizzly situation is crazy. If you plan on hunting that area be VERY VERY AWARE OF BEARS.
Politicians like Jay Inslee are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment

Offline jamesfromseattle

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 10:21:44 AM »
I took a doe in 113 this year, but it was early so I didn't see any migrating bucks yet and I'm not much help. Got hit by a big storm the week after I left, though, so I'm guessing you'll get some bucks on the move. Does were in all the likely looking looking places near irrigated land west of town, so if I went back with a buck tag I'd probably be focusing on the fringes right now.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]