collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any Hancock bucks?  (Read 9861 times)

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Any Hancock bucks?
« on: October 26, 2021, 01:49:42 PM »
Let see some pics or post some activity. 3 doe for me yesterday. One at noon crossing a skid road I was walking. The other two after 5:45. No elk till after 5:45 either, I glassed some bedded already at daylight yesterday

Offline DishBogget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Any Hancock bucks?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 04:34:22 PM »

Wife’s deer from a couple days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 09:13:00 PM »

Awesome good job! Was he rutting at all? I’m in Kapowsin I should have specified. I’ve been putting miles in hard glassing and walking through cuts, didn’t see a deer till after dark tonight. 11.3 miles I walked and not a doe but a TON of cat sign so I told my wife I was cougar hunting today instead. Anyone else notice severe lack of deer where there typically is deer up there?

Offline scottfrick

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • https://m.facebook.com/groups/532650454864045/?ref=share&mibextid=S66gvF
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 09:40:47 PM »
I know of one nice 4x3 and a small 3 pt out of Buckley gate.. This morning I went into bridge gate. Saw 2 does, handful of elk and 1 grouse and 8 other vehicles out hunting. I can’t hike due to an accident I was in back in June at work requiring surgery on both feet so I’m hoping to catch one just off the road :chuckle: never less it’s nice to just get out and take my mind off of things. Good luck hunting!!

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 10:09:22 PM »
I know of one nice 4x3 and a small 3 pt out of Buckley gate.. This morning I went into bridge gate. Saw 2 does, handful of elk and 1 grouse and 8 other vehicles out hunting. I can’t hike due to an accident I was in back in June at work requiring surgery on both feet so I’m hoping to catch one just off the road :chuckle: never less it’s nice to just get out and take my mind off of things. Good luck hunting!!

There was a ton of guys coming out tonight. I wonder if I saw you this morning deep back in the bridge gate. I saw some elk spook out from beneath a truck right at first light

Online Crunchy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 10:34:24 PM »
I was in the bridge gate side before first light.  Got to the cut I wanted to glass and nothing for three hours.  Saw a few does a couple of days ago in the same general area but that's been it for the last two trips.  Didn't hear no shooting either.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 10:44:09 PM »
I was in the bridge gate side before first light.  Got to the cut I wanted to glass and nothing for three hours.  Saw a few does a couple of days ago in the same general area but that's been it for the last two trips.  Didn't hear no shooting either.

I didn’t hear any shots either. I was wondering if I was alone with no morning action. The two point 20 minutes after shooting light jumping out in front of my truck was nice to see at least

Offline brokentrail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 08:34:01 AM »
Been in Kapowsin side quite a bit and seeing some does but no bucks yet.  I'm tagged out but still out scouting for my son as he still has a tag.

Offline scottfrick

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • https://m.facebook.com/groups/532650454864045/?ref=share&mibextid=S66gvF
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 05:54:56 PM »

There was a ton of guys coming out tonight. I wonder if I saw you this morning deep back in the bridge gate. I saw some elk spook out from beneath a truck right at first light

I drive a black ram 1500. Crazyelk stickers on the back window and I have volunteer fire fighter license plates! Wave me down if you ever see me. I’m more than happy to b.s for a few minutes.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 09:49:26 PM »

I drive a black ram 1500. Crazyelk stickers on the back window and I have volunteer fire fighter license plates! Wave me down if you ever see me. I’m more than happy to b.s for a few minutes.

Sounds good man! I have a red Tacoma with a matching canopy. Can’t miss it. Same truck for 11 years so probably have seen me before 😂.

Online Crunchy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 09:57:07 PM »
I hunted the Kapowsin side this evening.  Didn't see a deer and neither did the two other hunters I ran into.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 10:18:33 PM »
I hunted the Kapowsin side this evening.  Didn't see a deer and neither did the two other hunters I ran into.

Good job getting out there. I was sitting here telling my wife we should be out there in this rain and they would be moving. Surprised you didn’t see any. My buddy said vail is getting a lot of big bucks taken out. Might look into that but Hancock is right near home.

Offline DishBogget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 06:58:03 PM »

Awesome good job! Was he rutting at all? I’m in Kapowsin I should have specified. I’ve been putting miles in hard glassing and walking through cuts, didn’t see a deer till after dark tonight. 11.3 miles I walked and not a doe but a TON of cat sign so I told my wife I was cougar hunting today instead. Anyone else notice severe lack of deer where there typically is deer up there?
Swelled up, not terribly smelly and never saw any does with him

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 07:43:31 PM »
2 does and 4 fawns today. Just a morning/afternoon hunt. No bucks with them. Had great shots on everything too just no horns

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 07:51:40 PM »
Duck slayer did I talk to you at the gate today? I was in a white Tacoma!
Shut up and Hunt!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by Dan-o
[Today at 11:24:14 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter