collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone have a great recipe for cured/fermented country style deer sausage?  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Parasite

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Scout
So back in Illinois, I used to have a processor make cured/fermented deer sausage (50%deer/50%pork) for me that was awesome. I dont live there anymore however. I think they called it country style sausage, but it was probably just summer sausage. Besides awesome flavor, it was cold smoked (I believe) and cured/fermented for 6-8 weeks in the air,  not cooked under high heat during the smoking process. I absolutely HATE cooked summer sausage.

Anyone have a recipe like this they can share? Or know of a good online source for this type of recipe? I'd like to be able to do it on my own.

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
So back in Illinois, I used to have a processor make cured/fermented deer sausage (50%deer/50%pork) for me that was awesome. I dont live there anymore however. I think they called it country style sausage, but it was probably just summer sausage. Besides awesome flavor, it was cold smoked (I believe) and cured/fermented for 6-8 weeks in the air,  not cooked under high heat during the smoking process. I absolutely HATE cooked summer sausage.

Anyone have a recipe like this they can share? Or know of a good online source for this type of recipe? I'd like to be able to do it on my own.
Sounds like you're talking about salami. A lot more involved than a standard sausage, but very doable at home with the right equipment.
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
I'll let you know in 4 weeks if I have a good one or not.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal