collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wide range  (Read 993 times)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Wide range
« on: October 27, 2021, 03:18:36 PM »
….of behavior today. From two bucks still in velvet, to two bachelor bucks relaxing together to two bucks squaring offpumped up snort wheezing, one buck already broken off and finally one buck mounting up getting the job done.   Kind of a crazy morning.

Offline Fatherof5

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
Re: Wide range
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 03:22:00 PM »
Sounds like everything is going to plan!  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 04:14:29 PM »
You could go out on a limb and say this is where the rut is, and not be wrong. :chuckle:    About 85% were showing rutting behavior.   I ended with a 28 incher chasing and sniffing hard until he ran into me, then he was hasta la vista.   so....not rut dumb yet

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 04:35:53 PM »
Last week a nice buck was chasing a doe, curling his lip sniffing. Other deer, bucks included would get out of his way when he trotted by. He sure chased a doe hard, then he was gone. I bet that doe was in heat, he couldn't help but chase her. Didn't see him until he walked into range a couple days later. Hope he caught that doe, as we took him home. Neck swollen, walked like an old feller....Did see quite a few smaller bucks pushing each other around, nothing to violent.
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 04:37:08 PM »
On the way back from elk hunting in Idaho Little Pathfinder and I watched two 160-ish mulies going at it.  I have not seen an all-out fight like that in a long time.  Finally the taller buck must have gotten the best of the wider one and he chased him out of the draw.  Kept chasing him for two miles (we followed), both of them open mouthed, tongues hanging out.  Too bad it was private land... :'(
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal