collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Mudflow  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Mudflow
« on: November 07, 2021, 05:49:15 PM »
Would love to hear some reports out of the mudflow.  Two more weeks till the youth hunt in there.  Getting excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline npaull

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Mudflow
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 09:13:15 AM »
Reupping this, I'm curious too. I have the archery cow tag and missed a shot in September. Back at it next week and hoping to find a cow. Any insight or success stories appreciated!

Offline dewandgin

• Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 07:46:15 PM »
My dad and my brother had 2 of the 5 disabled cow tags and we all had the Weyco passes. We hunted opening day till the end and had a chance to kill a calf opening day and passed. Other than that we did not get our elk. We did not see any elk on the mudflow and both myself and my other brother have spent a ton of time on the mudflow and thought this would be a slam dunk :bash: :bash: :bash:  lack of mobility did hinder some but we camped off the 3100 and hunted hard everyday. We did see elk but not a lot of them. I know where I would be opening morning depending on the tag.  :tup:

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 08:01:30 PM »
My dad and my brother had 2 of the 5 disabled cow tags and we all had the Weyco passes. We hunted opening day till the end and had a chance to kill a calf opening day and passed. Other than that we did not get our elk. We did not see any elk on the mudflow and both myself and my other brother have spent a ton of time on the mudflow and thought this would be a slam dunk :bash: :bash: :bash:  lack of mobility did hinder some but we camped off the 3100 and hunted hard everyday. We did see elk but not a lot of them. I know where I would be opening morning depending on the tag.  :tup:

I gotta be honest that’s mind blowing you didn’t see that many elk , there all over , sorry for your luck

Offline dewandgin

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 09:34:49 PM »
Your telling me. I usually spend at least 10-12 full days a year down there and have always seen elk , every single time  :o :o. I met the other 3 tag holders and when we had left they hadn’t gotten theirs either. Full moon and not a cloud in the sky. One afternoon I went in at Castle lake lookout and tried to bird dog elk to them and got a late start and when it got dark the moon was actually casting a shadow off me.  We came across 5 other skeletons of recently boned out animals. We did see three nice bulls but not much else on the mudflow but in other areas of the mudflow unit we seen a lot of elk but disabled hunters have limits.

Offline Lumpy Taters

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2021, 08:10:06 PM »
Buddy had the disabled tag in there a few years ago.  Nothing slam dunk about that hunt.     

He was in there all day every day and only saw one cow.   Bulls where a different story.  Everywhere you looked🤪  Made me crazy from counting points and not being able to take one.   

Offline grade-creek-rd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 07:55:34 PM »
Well...any update on the youth hunt?
There's more to life than hunting...there's fishing too!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]