collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: PENNSYLVANIA HUNTER KILLS RECORD WASHINGTON RAM  (Read 14029 times)

Online bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 12:47:04 PM by bearpaw »
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline GASoline71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
Re: PENNSYLVANIA HUNTER KILLS RECORD WASHINGTON RAM
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 12:45:37 PM »
That ram is a tank!

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 12:50:04 PM »
Huge ram.

Congrats to @ramslam and @starbailey  for making this happen!
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline salt n sage90

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 01:33:29 PM »
Thats a cool ram for sure.
Interesting when one of these stories pop up the amount of mud slinging that happens in comments. (I saw some negative comments in the page posted)

On one hand many WA residents could apply to special permits for a lifetime and never get drawn and even if they do its one and done, not counting raffles. Let alone afford guides to find such a brute. Seeing as this gentleman has killed 3 Bighorns here in 6 years I am guessing he spends alot of dough on raffle tickets and other things the likes of which many of us average guys/gals just can't afford.

On the other hand, this guy has likely put more money into WA Conservation/Sheep Conservation as a non-resident than many of us could do or will do in a lifetime.

Is it fair? I don't know.
Am I jealous? Oh ya
Am I mad? nope

Very cool writeup he had. Congrats to the hunter and I thank him for investing in our State.
"Nothing sinks faster than a downrigger ball"

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 02:21:24 PM »
That’s a awesome Ram,  Congrats to all involved on that hunt !!!

Offline ShaneTyTrey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Is there anything better than hunting?
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 02:59:39 PM »
Wow, what a giant!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 03:12:55 PM »
Nice ram and the horns are in perfect condition.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 03:15:43 PM »
Interesting when one of these stories pop up the amount of mud slinging that happens in comments. (I saw some negative comments in the page posted)

On one hand many WA residents could apply to special permits for a lifetime and never get drawn and even if they do its one and done, not counting raffles. Let alone afford guides to find such a brute. Seeing as this gentleman has killed 3 Bighorns here in 6 years I am guessing he spends alot of dough on raffle tickets and other things the likes of which many of us average guys/gals just can't afford.

On the other hand, this guy has likely put more money into WA Conservation/Sheep Conservation as a non-resident than many of us could do or will do in a lifetime.

Am I jealous? Oh ya
Am I mad? nope

Very cool writeup he had. Congrats to the hunter and I thank him for investing in our State.

Very well stated.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 03:16:20 PM »
Check your messages, Dan-O
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 04:17:36 PM »
Check your messages, Dan-O
I wanna check my messages guys.
Hehehehe
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline RB

• Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 04:35:31 PM »

Am I jealous? Oh ya
Am I mad? nope

Very well stated.

:yeah:

If a guy has the resources to put that much into conservation, good on ya mate! Like most working class stiffs affording the $15 for a special draw is where most of us are.  What a Ram!
IAFF #3728

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2021, 05:15:36 PM »

Am I jealous? Oh ya
Am I mad? nope

Yep!

Offline Remnar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2021, 07:12:17 PM »

Am I jealous? Oh ya
Am I mad? nope

:yeah:
 I feel this is the road we are going down with all species right or wrong. But thats for another thread...

Congrats to the hunter .

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2021, 07:15:46 PM »

Am I jealous? Oh ya
Am I mad? nope

Im gonna get flamed for this , but thats Ok.

I get tired of hearing the "They put lots of money into Sheep conservation"......If they are really concerned about conservation, no one is stopping them from making a donation without the expectation of receiving a tag.  How many rams does an individual need to shoot?  To me it appears they are paying for their own personal enjoyment/hunting stock. 

Personally I am not a greedy dude, and would be happy to just have the opportunity to hunt sheep one time on my home turf.
 Even if i could afford to play these type of games, I would only do it once........no need to take opportunity away from my fellow hunters..............

Sharing resources and being considerate of fellow hunters is a long lost thing.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline time2hunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
PENNSYLVANIA HUNTER KILLS RECORD WASHINGTON RAM
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2021, 07:29:52 PM »
This was last years ram that was being pimped out to every high bidder that could be found . Congrats to the hunter on a true trophy. I wish that some of these raffle were limited to 5-10 tickets so it gave the rest of us a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 07:01:29 AM by time2hunt »
Local 3482

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal