collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Elk late muzzy  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Shooter4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: kuiu
Elk late muzzy
« on: November 28, 2021, 07:00:53 PM »
Just a question if you knock down an elk and your alone and someone walks up on you and asks which way they went would you tell them?

Offline Clearcut

• Hunter
Re: Elk late muzzy
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 07:14:15 PM »
Would completely depend upon the circumstances and any individual encounters or run ins I had with said person..

Personal encounter I had years ago during rifle season in a nut shell. Took a buddy out for rifle elk. First time for him. Got to said spot behind locked gates early. Road only goes to 2 landings. Guy comes up on us in dark and doesn’t acknowledge us until I say something. I try to get him to wait with us till daylight as I know there are multiple legal bulls in area. He Says no I have to go in there. Gonna meet my buddy? I’m like ok. Well he chose landing 2 we stopped at 1 and sat in the dark for 30+ min listening to elk walking around in clearing. At day light my buddy was able to kill his bull. Watched 2 more legal run off into timber. Mr I have to go meet my buddy comes running back down by us immediately after he heard the shots.. he asked me was there anymore? I said nope. Lone bull. Took another buddy back next day and was able to get him his first bull as well.

Offline Shooter4

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 07:23:35 PM »
So I was in there at first light 650 acre parcel only one on there I worked my way to the back of the property I hear a shot figured someone came in behind me and got lucky so I head back to the truck notice another car is there and decide to go check a different piece on the way back I see him by his Subaru so I park ask him if he shot he said yes I offered to help him pack it out he refused and was short I said so which way did they go after the shot and repeatedly ignored my question so I said alright sir have a good day if you need help I’ll be towards the lower half of the property to me that’s a little disrespectful after I offered to help and wasn’t willing to share any info

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 07:35:03 PM »
Just a question if you knock down an elk and your alone and someone walks up on you and asks which way they went would you tell them?
nope
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline Moose Master

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 07:43:28 PM »
I'd wouldn't hesitate to let the stranger know which way the elk had went.  I have pass on info to others who inturn became  successful and down a animal.  I have also been told a an area which was holding animals and have been successful with downing a animal.  Things work out.

Offline Shooter4

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 07:57:05 PM »
I'd wouldn't hesitate to let the stranger know which way the elk had went.  I have pass on info to others who inturn became  successful and down a animal.  I have also been told a an area which was holding animals and have been successful with downing a animal.  Things work out.
right it’s crazy to me we should all be on each others team it’s already hard enough

Offline Remnar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 08:11:52 PM »
Would completely depend upon the circumstances
 :yeah:

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 08:17:56 PM »

Sure, why not. After he offered to help me pack mine out.
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 08:43:58 PM »
I can't think of too many reasons that I wouldn't.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 09:00:23 PM »
I would tell them unless I had encounters with them before and they were total jack asses

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 06:18:08 AM »
If I have an elk on the ground and I'm by myself. I would definitely give as much info to another hunter as possible to help them get their animal. Unless they give me good reason not to.

Offline NW SURVEYOR

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF NRA
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 07:35:45 AM »
Ditto to Hunt and Fish.
Unless of course I had already told my hunting partners.

Offline msg

• Hunter
    • NA
  • Groups: NA
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 09:31:42 AM »
That is a tough one .So you tell him and he finds and kills a bull on your fairly small spot. Next year he shows up with 3 of his buddies. That *censored* happens! Finding a consistent elk hunting spot takes time and effort. Loose lips sinks ships!

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 09:37:44 AM »
That is a tough one .So you tell him and he finds and kills a bull on your fairly small spot. Next year he shows up with 3 of his buddies. That *censored* happens! Finding a consistent elk hunting spot takes time and effort. Loose lips sinks ships!

You can't hunt this spot.....this is MY spot !!!
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline Bone collector 13

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 10:39:23 AM »
Would completely depend upon the circumstances and any individual encounters or run ins I had with said person..

Personal encounter I had years ago during rifle season in a nut shell. Took a buddy out for rifle elk. First time for him. Got to said spot behind locked gates early. Road only goes to 2 landings. Guy comes up on us in dark and doesn’t acknowledge us until I say something. I try to get him to wait with us till daylight as I know there are multiple legal bulls in area. He Says no I have to go in there. Gonna meet my buddy? I’m like ok. Well he chose landing 2 we stopped at 1 and sat in the dark for 30+ min listening to elk walking around in clearing. At day light my buddy was able to kill his bull. Watched 2 more legal run off into timber. Mr I have to go meet my buddy comes running back down by us immediately after he heard the shots.. he asked me was there anymore? I said nope. Lone bull. Took another buddy back next day and was able to get him his first bull as well.
I had a similar experience, I had a fairly nice buck in my spotter on a Public piece, guy came up with his son that was no older then 12, I told him hey, I got this buck spotted if you give me 10 minutes he will bed and we can get your boy on him. He told me “this is public land you can’t tell me where to go or how to hunt, go f yourself” and took off, so I went and shot the buck 🤷‍♂️

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]