collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 30 Ducks Down Video  (Read 7698 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: 30 Ducks Down Video
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2021, 01:31:40 PM »
Goodness gracious!
Did they do anything dangerous?  Did they make any bad moves or swings with their guns?

When are we all gonna stand up for what we believe in?

Great video Delta Duckman. Merry Christmas!

I’ll stand up for my gun rights and my drinking rights any day.  When I’m standing I’ll be holding either my old fashioned or my firearm.

But not both.

You lost Timberstalker at “old fashioned”.  The man lives and dies Busch Light.

There’s nothing more old fashioned and classy as Busch Light.

See what I mean?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Platensek-po

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2021, 02:04:58 PM »
Goodness gracious!
Did they do anything dangerous?  Did they make any bad moves or swings with their guns?

Is it dangerous??? What did hunters Ed teach you about alcohol and firearms?? Pretty sure that rule is for a reason. I guess it comes down to do you want to promote safe and responsible hunting and firearms use or not?
“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”

If you are not willing to die for freedom then take the word out of your vocabulary.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2021, 02:52:44 PM »
Goodness gracious!

Is it dangerous??? What did hunters Ed teach you about alcohol and firearms?? Pretty sure that rule is for a reason. I guess it comes down to do you want to promote safe and responsible hunting and firearms use or not?

Respectfully, you're headed down a slippery slope.

They weren't impaired, and weapon control was always good.

You might choose not to do it, and that is your right.

But he's not doing anything illegal, and they were safe.

Hunters condemning other hunters who are hunting legally usually doesn't end well.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Platensek-po

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2021, 03:26:51 PM »
Goodness gracious!

Hunters condemning other hunters who are hunting legally usually doesn't end well.

I’m sorry Dan-o. I get what you are saying. I’m not calling for consequences. I’m asking what does hunters Ed teach? Is this something that should be promoted?? Putting up videos showing people drinking and hunting isn’t exactly a good idea. Again is this something that any responsible firearms trainer or hunters Ed educator would agree with???? Should we as hunters then not just turn a blind eye it promote that behavior?? Legality and being a good or right thing to do don’t always go hand in hand. That’s all I’m saying. Whatever happens happens. I’m not going to be upset either way.
“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”

If you are not willing to die for freedom then take the word out of your vocabulary.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2021, 03:29:00 PM »
I'm not sure many would agree that shooting while drinking is safe.  You also don't have to be at 0.08 to be under the influence.  That's the legal definition for the acceptable level of impairment to drive a vehicle, if you are over that you are assumed to be impaired. You can still get a DUI if you are under 0.08 if it can be proven you are impaired.

You can say you believe some level of alcohol influence is acceptable to handle firearms, but I don't agree that 1,2,3 or however many drinks has no influence on someone at all.

Here is what LA says directly from their hunter safety rules, it's Commandment #10:

Avoid alcoholic beverages before or during shooting. Also avoid mind- or behavior-altering medicines or drugs.

Offline jbeaumont21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2021, 03:48:11 PM »
Looks like they're drinking domestics, I would have to drink a 12 pack of those just to get a buzz.  If anything they are staying nice and hydrated to stay more focused on their shooting. I don't have a problem with anything I saw especially if its legal.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2021, 04:17:59 PM »
Goodness gracious!

I’m sorry Dan-o. I get what you are saying. I’m not calling for consequences. I’m asking what does hunters Ed teach? Is this something that should be promoted?? Putting up videos showing people drinking and hunting isn’t exactly a good idea. Again is this something that any responsible firearms trainer or hunters Ed educator would agree with???? Should we as hunters then not just turn a blind eye it promote that behavior?? Legality and being a good or right thing to do don’t always go hand in hand. That’s all I’m saying. Whatever happens happens. I’m not going to be upset either way.

:tup:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Gun smoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2021, 09:35:33 AM »
Looks like some good fun to me !! I would love to smack some quacks with them boys

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]