collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Oregon Wolf Pack Poisoned  (Read 20251 times)

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Oregon Wolf Pack Poisoned
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2021, 03:49:13 PM »
The worst part is groups CNW and others use this type of incident in their efforts to get wolves delisted on endangered species list. I saw it in their letter to USFW.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2021, 02:32:21 AM »
It is a total mess and it will get ugly and the cost will be huge.
Why do the tree huggers get their way these days?

Because they are serial litigators and good at it. Someone more talented than me needs to sue them for past disasters they created. Turn the tables on them. Anti logging and forest management and the resulting forest fire costs would be a great start. They have never been held accountable. They said they would save the spotted owl ( the population of them has since plummeted) but they sure created some unhealthy forests. They just move to the next “cause” and right now it’s predators in abundance.

They work for the corrupt USFWS, just like the nature conservancy is the middle man for the gov buying up huge chunks of land.
The spotted owl, wolves, salmon is all part of a big plan-

Offline haus

• Too Tall
  • Sourdough
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2021, 08:48:34 PM »

Because they are serial litigators and good at it. Someone more talented than me needs to sue them for past disasters they created. Turn the tables on them. Anti logging and forest management and the resulting forest fire costs would be a great start. They have never been held accountable. They said they would save the spotted owl ( the population of them has since plummeted) but they sure created some unhealthy forests. They just move to the next “cause” and right now it’s predators in abundance.

They work for the corrupt USFWS, just like the nature conservancy is the middle man for the gov buying up huge chunks of land.
It is? I thought it was hunter led conservation groups that served as the middle man for the gov buying land. I’ve hunted on nature conservancy property in WA quite a bit, talked to their field personnel when I’ve seen them at the gates, certainly didn’t have any issue with hunting and they explained long term conservation plans for the property.
RMEF

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2021, 08:07:49 PM »

It is? I thought it was hunter led conservation groups that served as the middle man for the gov buying land. I’ve hunted on nature conservancy property in WA quite a bit, talked to their field personnel when I’ve seen them at the gates, certainly didn’t have any issue with hunting and they explained long term conservation plans for the property.

How The Nature Conservancy Secures Government Land Grabs

https://dailytorch.com/2011/04/how-the-nature-conservancy-secures-government-land-grabs/

BLM Continues To Buy US Land From Nature Conservancy

https://www.technocracy.news/blm-continues-to-buy-us-land-from-nature-conservancy/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 08:15:15 PM by wolfbait »

Offline haus

• Too Tall
  • Sourdough
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2021, 11:24:50 AM »

https://dailytorch.com/2011/04/how-the-nature-conservancy-secures-government-land-grabs/

https://www.technocracy.news/blm-continues-to-buy-us-land-from-nature-conservancy/
Okay? What point are you attempting to make here, should they have held the land indefinitely and if they don't they're evil? Our hunter led conservation organizations do the exact same thing and often work with the NC as well as tribal entities to conserve land from development. The trade of is you get a Suncadia smack in the middle of a migration corridor and winter range area if nothings done.
RMEF

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2022, 10:01:49 PM »

Okay? What point are you attempting to make here, should they have held the land indefinitely and if they don't they're evil? Our hunter led conservation organizations do the exact same thing and often work with the NC as well as tribal entities to conserve land from development. The trade of is you get a Suncadia smack in the middle of a migration corridor and winter range area if nothings done.

Why does the gov hide behind NC, instead of outright buying the land in the first place?

Times are changing pretty quick, bet it would surprise you a bit if the "gov" decided to let a corporation or corporations control certain areas of land they had bought or all of it and shut it down to hunting etc., managing the land for Profit of course...

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2022, 10:29:19 PM »

Why does the gov hide behind NC, instead of outright buying the land in the first place?

Times are changing pretty quick, bet it would surprise you a bit if the "gov" decided to let a corporation or corporations control certain areas of land they had bought or all of it and shut it down to hunting etc., managing the land for Profit of course...

Its a sales pitch. NC is a non profit so my guess is that some kind of compromise can be meet. Say i have land worth 100k that needs selling at an estate sale.  I can accept 50K cash and take the rest as a 501c3 donation.  NC has the time and ability to extract full price from the feds where as an individual gets a quicker sale and a tax deduction as opposed to paying more. That is how I would structure it if i was playing a numbers game. It may be even more profitable  than that depending on conditions of sale.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2022, 11:17:22 AM »

Its a sales pitch. NC is a non profit so my guess is that some kind of compromise can be meet. Say i have land worth 100k that needs selling at an estate sale.  I can accept 50K cash and take the rest as a 501c3 donation.  NC has the time and ability to extract full price from the feds where as an individual gets a quicker sale and a tax deduction as opposed to paying more. That is how I would structure it if i was playing a numbers game. It may be even more profitable  than that depending on conditions of sale.

:yeah: Good explanation of one of the big reasons special T 👍

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2022, 01:57:39 PM »

:yeah: Good explanation of one of the big reasons special T 👍

https://newswithviews.com/your_govt/your_government52.htm

https://newswithviews.com/Shaw/michael.htm

http://www.rangemagazine.com/archives/tnc/archive/tnc/tnc-sp-03a.pdf
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 02:46:44 PM by wolfbait »

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2022, 02:36:58 AM »
So what does all this have to do with poisoning wolves?
Should be in another thread by itself.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2022, 06:01:52 AM »
Thread Drift
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2022, 09:24:08 AM »
Thread Drift

:yeah: Done drifting, hope drift didn't hurt anyone... ;)

Offline chukarchaser

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2022, 07:07:03 PM »
Capital Press is reporting a wolf shot sometime around 1/8 in this same general area.  It was a collared two year old female. 

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2022, 07:38:10 PM »
Capital Press is reporting a wolf shot sometime around 1/8 in this same general area.  It was a collared two year old female.
:tup: good deal!!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2022, 08:33:07 PM »
:tup: good deal!!

Sounds like some locals are implementing a sensible management plan

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]