collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Spring Bear Petition  (Read 18525 times)

Offline snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Spring Bear Petition
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2021, 09:16:03 PM »
I contacted them to encourage them to have a spring bear season.
I don’t hunt spring bear.
  :tup:
No ones perfect! :)

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2021, 09:21:29 PM »
Just throwing this out there.  Is anyone involved with the Mule Deer Foundation or Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation enough to get these groups to support us?  There may be other conservation groups that I am not aware of.  But if they will support us by writing the WDFW it may help.  We doing it as individual is good but if we had organizations backing us it would be even better.  I belong to the RMEF but wouldn't know who to contact or probably could explain it well enough to get them to get involved.  The more voice the better.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea ,but I've went down that path before on agenda I was trying push at the commission.
I will say Goodluck with it ,send out more emails.
But you might be surprised how little they care about your fight. But never hurts to try .

That kettle range conservation that called the recent Commissioner that steped down a "champion" would be a perfect example of about two faced as it gets.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2021, 10:21:12 PM »
There done and done!!!

Short and sweet.

Please put spring bear hunt at the top of the agenda.
Please reinstate or revote for spring season.
Spring Bear harvest is very minimal.

That's it ,that's all I put. I'm not writing an essay on it.
But will throw my support in .

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2021, 11:32:48 PM »
Just throwing this out there.  Is anyone involved with the Mule Deer Foundation or Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation enough to get these groups to support us?  There may be other conservation groups that I am not aware of.  But if they will support us by writing the WDFW it may help.  We doing it as individual is good but if we had organizations backing us it would be even better.  I belong to the RMEF but wouldn't know who to contact or probably could explain it well enough to get them to get involved.  The more voice the better.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea ,but I've went down that path before on agenda I was trying push at the commission.
But you might be surprised how little they care about your fight. But never hurts to try .

That kettle range conservation that called the recent Commissioner that steped down a "champion" would be a perfect example of about two faced as it gets.

Most Criter organizations are habitat focused. They have Zero desire to get into advocacy if the answer isnt habitat. Some may be better than others at how much $ stays in state and what they accomplish but they will avoid advocacy on predators with as much tact and Texas 2 step as possible.

IMO we need Advocates that support sportsmen rights and Predator control.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2021, 06:02:06 AM »

Most Criter organizations are habitat focused. They have Zero desire to get into advocacy if the answer isnt habitat. Some may be better than others at how much $ stays in state and what they accomplish but they will avoid advocacy on predators with as much tact and Texas 2 step as possible.

I Agree we need advocates that sportsman opportunity.
Bottom line,That represents. I'm not giving money to political crap.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2021, 07:36:11 AM »

I have some contacts with the local MDF. I'm assuming they're still involved, but it's been a few years. I'll report back with what they have to say.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2021, 09:40:02 AM »

I Agree we need advocates that sportsman opportunity.
Bottom line,That represents. I'm not giving money to political crap.

Saying i dont like politics  because of xyz reason or group is ceeding the ground to your opponet. I get it, its a messy and you can get burned. As sportsmennwe have to educate ourselves and or find groups you can trust.  Groups like you stated  exert political will even tho they come across as softer and more reasonable. Sportsmen has been on the defensive side for too long. It good to see people fired up.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline TRD1911

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2021, 09:54:25 AM »
Thanks for posting the link. I've never had the opportunity to hunt spring bear but understand the impact that this can have on our deer and elk population. This can affect these species negatively for years to come. I personally believe that this is an effort to intentionally lower ungulate populations and make hunter-based management strategies obsolete. The argument will start with "deer and elk numbers are historically low so we need to remove or reduce tags in units XYZ...a couple years later..."we need to remove OTC tags to limit the number of game taken"...so on and so forth....

Offline raydog

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2021, 10:03:55 AM »
Below is the response I received today, to the petition I submitted (i'll try to attach). I believe other individuals and organizations have, or are in the process of, submitting similar petitions. Hopefully all of these drops in the bucket will flood ol Lorna out and get us our bear season back, and send a message. I realize my letter only makes a couple of the many points that can be made, and I only mention one law when many have been broken, but I wanted to keep this petition simple and to the point (and I'm no lawyer). I'll be listening to the meeting Jan 21. I am not surprised it is not open to public comment. Let's keep the pressure on!"

"Good afternoon Mr. Cannon,

On December 10, 2021, the Department of Fish and Wildlife received a petition from you requesting repeal of the “Commission vote on WAC 220-415-080 resulting in removal of 2022 Spring Bear Hunting Season.

The Commission will formally consider your petition as one of our agenda items during a web conference scheduled Friday, January 21, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. You can find the link, when available, to listen to the meeting on the Commission’s website here.
No public input will be accepted during the meeting. It will be recorded, and the audio/video will be available on the Commission website the following week. You will be sent a letter with information about the outcome immediately following the Commission’s decision.
Attached is your petition and initial letter for consideration. If you have additional questions please let me know.
Thank you for bringing your concerns forward and proposing solutions through the rule making process.
Happy Holidays!

Nikki Kloepfer
Fish and Wildlife Commission"

Did you mail in the form for the official petition? Or were you able to do it online. I’d like to figure out how to fill out this petition.

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2021, 10:20:41 AM »
Done. My letter for anyone that needs a template:

I am writing in favor of the petition to reinstate the 2022 Spring Bear season to be discussed and voted on during the January 21, 2022 meeting. Per RCW 77.04.055, "The commission shall maximize fishing, hunting, and outdoor recreational opportunities compatible with healthy and diverse fish and wildlife populations." All available data from the WDFW indicates that the Spring Bear hunt complies with the latter part of this statute and is not detrimental to overall bear populations. Furthermore, it is a limited tag, draw only hunt in specific areas where bear numbers well above objective and/or a known detriment other parts of the ecosystem. Management of predators is critical to the recovery of our ungulate species.

I would ask that Commission members abstain from letting their personal convictions about predator hunting affect their vote, and that they vote in accordance with the recommendations of the WDFW and GMAC.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2021, 10:24:02 AM »
Done. My letter for anyone that needs a template:

I am writing in favor of the petition to reinstate the 2022 Spring Bear season to be discussed and voted on during the January 21, 2022 meeting. Per RCW 77.04.055, "The commission shall maximize fishing, hunting, and outdoor recreational opportunities compatible with healthy and diverse fish and wildlife populations." All available data from the WDFW indicates that the Spring Bear hunt complies with the latter part of this statute and is not detrimental to overall bear populations. Furthermore, it is a limited tag, draw only hunt in specific areas where bear numbers well above objective and/or a known detriment other parts of the ecosystem. Management of predators is critical to the recovery of our ungulate species.

I would ask that Commission members abstain from letting their personal convictions about predator hunting affect their vote, and that they vote in accordance with the recommendations of the WDFW and GMAC.

Very well written.  thanks for posting.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline jowings22

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2021, 10:24:08 AM »
Message sent. Personal feelings and opinion are irrelevant to the task at hand when the WDFW biology supports the hunt. This should have never been cancelled.

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2021, 11:13:30 AM »
Commented, urged them to follow the science.

Offline harveymarv

• Hunter
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2021, 12:01:11 PM »
Below is the response I received today, to the petition I submitted (i'll try to attach). I believe other individuals and organizations have, or are in the process of, submitting similar petitions. Hopefully all of these drops in the bucket will flood ol Lorna out and get us our bear season back, and send a message. I realize my letter only makes a couple of the many points that can be made, and I only mention one law when many have been broken, but I wanted to keep this petition simple and to the point (and I'm no lawyer). I'll be listening to the meeting Jan 21. I am not surprised it is not open to public comment. Let's keep the pressure on!"

"Good afternoon Mr. Cannon,

On December 10, 2021, the Department of Fish and Wildlife received a petition from you requesting repeal of the “Commission vote on WAC 220-415-080 resulting in removal of 2022 Spring Bear Hunting Season.

The Commission will formally consider your petition as one of our agenda items during a web conference scheduled Friday, January 21, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. You can find the link, when available, to listen to the meeting on the Commission’s website here.
No public input will be accepted during the meeting. It will be recorded, and the audio/video will be available on the Commission website the following week. You will be sent a letter with information about the outcome immediately following the Commission’s decision.
Attached is your petition and initial letter for consideration. If you have additional questions please let me know.
Thank you for bringing your concerns forward and proposing solutions through the rule making process.
Happy Holidays!

Nikki Kloepfer
Fish and Wildlife Commission"

Did you mail in the form for the official petition? Or were you able to do it online. I’d like to figure out how to fill out this petition.

i mailed it in. my completed petition is attached to my other post.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2021, 12:01:39 PM »
Bumping this one to keep it on the recent topics banner.

Got a reply from Nikki saying comments had been forwarded.

Keep the emails going in and make sure our voice is heard.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal