collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Potential gun laws for this session. Please read and let them hear our voice!  (Read 1419 times)

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Frontiersman
This is from the gun forum I belong to (WAGUNS).  This is very easy and does not take long to complete.  Let them hear our voice!  Please read, there are 2 PRO and 2 CON responses.  If you have the time written testimony would help as well.  Please post "done" if you have completed it to keep this on top for everyone to see!

From the Washington Civil Rights Association, our second Easy Action of the Day for this year!

URGENT: FIGHT OFF AWB AND PRE-EMPTION!

SIGN IN CON: SB 5217 AWB, 5568 PREEMPTION

ALL HANDS--THIS IS IT.
THIS IS THE FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE!
WE NEED EVERYONE ON BOARD!

THE AWB (ASSAULT WEAPON BAN) AND STATE PREEMPTION WILL DESTROY YOUR GUN RIGHTS

Testify. Submit written testimony. Record your position (CON/AGAINST) for the record!

Each of these are being heard by the Senate Law & Justice Committee on 1/17, 9:30 am

THIS IS THE FIGHT OF OUR LIVES. WE NEED EVERYONE TO TAKE A MOMENT RIGHT NOW AND DO THIS! And share it with everyone at your gun club, gun store, and your friends lists!

Visit here to sign in: https://app.leg.wa.gov/csi/Senate#

Select Committee=Law & Justice, Meetings = 1/17/2022; Select SB 5217, and select “I would like my position noted....” (or you can submit written testimony!), on the next screen choose Position = CON. Be careful, it defaults to PRO and you need to change that! Fill in your name.

Let’s show a united front—for organization, choose “Washington Civil Rights Association.” Fill in the rest of your information (so they can determine which district you’re in (and which legislators should really care about your position and that you’re actually a WA resident), and then come back and do it again for SB 5568 (Preemption).

We’re supporting (PRO) SB 5690 (Firearms at memorials), and SB 5407 (Firearm theft)—feel free to just select “I would like my position noted…” for those two.

We have an urgent need for women and minorities to testify on these bills. If you would like to testify, please send Curtis (curtis@wacivilrights.org) a couple of your talking points asap as we're collecting a panel of those with the best points and the best ability to convey a powerful message.

SB 5217 - Concerning assault weapons (CON)
https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Bill ... -CdtltWHmo
SB 5568 - concerning preemption of municipal laws restricting the open carry of weapons (CON)
https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Bill ... rUrwmbd4uc
SB 5690 - Concerning firearms on the capitol campus for the sole purpose of organized memorial events (PRO)
https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Bill ... tSQnNG9w-0
SB 5407 - Concerning firearm theft (PRO)
https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Bill ... xAUs-m4Nw0

Please, please, please—share this with EVERYONE. The ONLY way we’re going to win this is if EVERYONE shows up and plays HARD BALL. We need to show these elected officials that they will lose the next election if they vote for these bills!

If you’re testifying, let’s show a united front! Choose your organization as “Washington Civil Rights Organization” when submitting testimony and download your super cool WCRA ZOOM backgrounds here:
http://bit.ly/WCRAZoomBG

Let’s push back HARD and LOUD to show the legislators just how many of us will be voting against them at re-election time!
RIP Colockumelk   :salute:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Genesis 27:3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Online pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Already got a response from my representative's office on the assault rifle ban...her mind is already made up for a Yay vote...Feels a little useless emailing these Seattle area representatives on gun issues.

Offline KNOPHISH

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
I wrote to my district reps and the Senate committee. 1 local rep replied I’ll take your comments into consideration and I replied to that, what’s your position and why? No response yet but think it’s a yes. From the committee 1 reply from Keith Wagoner is a definite  no vote. Thank you Keith. SB 5078 mag ban is on the floor for vote today.
I have Man Chit to do

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
I may be ignorant but, how can the state take away a constitutional right?  They can pass what ever law they want, but no one is going to get their guns taken away.  NOT saying don't fight this, just saying we hear about gun laws getting challenged all the time but always get turned down when it hits the supreme court.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
I believe they are required to take the oath of office which is to uphold the constitution, and to ban, confiscate, and otherwise follow an agenda driven interpretation to the constitution would be treasonous.  Many politicians are treasonous on this basis alone but good luck getting them to charge one another with something so serious as we all know regardless of party, they have each others backs first and foremost.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
I believe they are required to take the oath of office which is to uphold the constitution, and to ban, confiscate, and otherwise follow an agenda driven interpretation to the constitution would be treasonous.  Many politicians are treasonous on this basis alone but good luck getting them to charge one another with something so serious as we all know regardless of party, they have each others backs first and foremost.
Totally agree....
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]