collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: CVA Paramount - Open Sight Options/Help?  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Dansk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
CVA Paramount - Open Sight Options/Help?
« on: January 25, 2022, 10:32:03 AM »
Anyone have open sights installed on a CVA Paramount 45?  (not the Paramount Pro Colorado). 

Curious what set-up you are running and how you like it.  I've read through all the other boards on this topic, and talked to folks at Lyman, NECG, and Williams - there doesn't seem to be a straight forward solution.  Lot's of 'you could try this', or 'use this with shims'.  Hoping someone on HuntWa has tried any of these or other solutions.  I like the WGRS-Precision Globe setup or the Rear Peep/front hooded fiber optic bead set-up, but open to other ideas and wondering what you've tried.

Background- Finally upgrading from my old T/C System 1 .54, and I was able to pickup an new, old stock, early model (2019/2020) Paramount 45 for cheap- just need to figure out an open sight solution.  Will be used in states requiring open sights, hunting open country.

Thanks!

Offline raydog

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF
Re: CVA Paramount - Open Sight Options/Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 06:04:23 AM »
Are those paramounts tapped for open sights? I haven’t gotten my hands on one yet. But I’m thinking of taking the same route as you with paramount 45. Can’t spend the $ on the pro

Offline Dansk

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 08:07:08 AM »
Are those paramounts tapped for open sights? I haven’t gotten my hands on one yet. But I’m thinking of taking the same route as you with paramount 45. Can’t spend the $ on the pro

CVA told me only the Colorado Pro is drilled and tapped for iron/open sights. 

On all other paramount's, The reciever has sight/base mount holes to mount a scope, the barrel does not.  From what I've seen, most of the rear sight options fit the receiver or a pic rail.  I'm told the reciever and sight mount hole pattern is copied from a rem 700 action.  So really just need the muzzle end drilled/tapped for a front sight.

Hard part is finding a front/rear combo that are the right height.

Offline optic2

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 03:08:28 AM »
Peeprib

Your rear site will be near the beginning of the barrel and you'll have a base if you ever want to throw on a scope.

https://www.eabco.net/PeepRib-Peep-Sights-for-CVA-Optima-Kodiak-Wolf-and-Accura_p_13910.html

steeleywhopper asked about my front sight. I use Marble's uni-ramp

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1828810516?pid=810516
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 04:23:01 AM by optic2 »

Offline Dansk

• Scout
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 10:29:00 AM »
Peeprib

Your rear site will be near the beginning of the barrel and you'll have a base if you ever want to throw on a scope.

https://www.eabco.net/PeepRib-Peep-Sights-for-CVA-Optima-Kodiak-Wolf-and-Accura_p_13910.html

I did see that- do you have that set up on the Paramount?  Would like to hear how that works for you.  There are lots of solutions for all the other CVA models (Optima/Accura/etc)- I'm looking for one on the Paramount.

Offline optic2

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 04:37:08 AM »
Peeprib

I did see that- do you have that set up on the Paramount?  Would like to hear how that works for you.  There are lots of solutions for all the other CVA models (Optima/Accura/etc)- I'm looking for one on the Paramount.

No, I have an Accura. I slipped off the peep sight that came with it and put on a Williams ghost ring.

Offline Reidus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 07:23:02 AM »
Does it have a threaded muzzle?

I drilled and tapped a muzzle brake for a sight ramp. Mostly because it was a carbon barrel. I used an NECG peep that mounts on a pic rail. Buy the rear sight and measure the distance from centerline of the bore to the center of the peep, then get a front ramp and sight combo that is approx. the same from centerline of bore. The ramps come in different heights. Then just get someone to tap the front of the barrel. I haven't found a good way to hold the barrel in a mill vise due to the taper. I'm sure someone has it figured Out.

BTW you can measure the distance to centerline by measuring outside distance of receiver to center of peep, then subtract half the diameter of the receiver. Same with the front sight except subtract have the barrel diameter at that point.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal