collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Another season wrapped up  (Read 1854 times)

Offline metlhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Another season wrapped up
« on: February 06, 2022, 09:07:24 AM »
Yep, off to the memory books. 8 months of farming and fishing till we do it again. Spent a leisurely afternoon hunting yesterday with the wife. Plenty of birds and sunshine to finish another spectacular season with bounty. Boat to clean up, shells have already been ordered, decoys to refit. I give it two months before I get fidgety and start getting things ready for September. Hope everyone found plenty to enjoy, and look forward to seeing familiarboats and faces again.

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
Re: Another season wrapped up
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 10:41:33 PM »
Yep, off to the memory books. 8 months of farming and fishing till we do it again. Spent a leisurely afternoon hunting yesterday with the wife. Plenty of birds and sunshine to finish another spectacular season with bounty. Boat to clean up, shells have already been ordered, decoys to refit. I give it two months before I get fidgety and start getting things ready for September. Hope everyone found plenty to enjoy, and look forward to seeing familiarboats and faces again.

Unfortunately the last few years have been very poor for me. Even bought a license last season and couldn’t even find a bird to hunt. Probably going to hang it up at 46 but still have time.  Good luck all, my spots are all out of it.
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline metlhead

• Sourdough
Re: Another season wrapped up
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 06:02:45 AM »
😯Keep at it. The birds haven't left, just moved a bit. Access is the most important factor in waterfowling. Start looking yesterday. I have access to large swaths of public land by way of boat. I can have great sucess just hundreds of yards from walk ins. I still need to shift occasionally. Friends have gained access to local private lands and crushed the birds. Keep at it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Taco280AI
[Today at 03:45:23 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]