collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Jumbo Home Mortgage  (Read 2290 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Jumbo Home Mortgage
« on: February 18, 2022, 09:49:31 AM »
Retiring and ready to buy the house you've always wanted? Loan limits for conventional loans have increased this year to $647,200.00 statewide. In King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties, the limit is $891,250.00 now. If you need to borrow more than that, your loan is considered Jumbo. I have 8-10 lenders who have jumbo products to choose from, some up to $4million loan amount.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline bornhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
Re: Jumbo Home Mortgage
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 10:08:10 AM »
John how does it work if you only need a loan for a short time? Say I find a place I want to buy but sellers are not interested in a contingency offer. So I get pre approved to be able to compete with other buyers but want to pay cash once my home sells? Is there provisions for something like this?

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 10:16:45 AM »
John how does it work if you only need a loan for a short time? Say I find a place I want to buy but sellers are not interested in a contingency offer. So I get pre approved to be able to compete with other buyers but want to pay cash once my home sells? Is there provisions for something like this?

Great question!  That's where I am right now.......needing a short-term loan.
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 10:29:50 AM »

I misread your question originally. As long as your house isn't listed for sale currently, you can contact Banner Bank and get a HELOC for the full value of your home, use that to buy the new home, and pay it off with the sale of your house. If you take out a mortgage and then pay that off in under 6-12 months, depending on the lender, the mortgage broker has to pay the lender back his commission.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline fly-by

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 10:37:41 AM »

I misread your question originally. As long as your house isn't listed for sale currently, you can contact Banner Bank and get a HELOC for the full value of your home, use that to buy the new home, and pay it off with the sale of your house. If you take out a mortgage and then pay that off in under 6-12 months, depending on the lender, the mortgage broker has to pay the lender back his commission.

Does this assume your have no loan on your primary residence?  I assume Banner has a 100 CLTV limit.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 10:54:36 AM »

Does this assume your have no loan on your primary residence?  I assume Banner has a 100 CLTV limit.
I was assuming that. Thanks for pointing that out. If you have a balance on your current mortgage, Banner will lend you up to 80%LTV, combined 1st and HELOC.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 11:16:38 AM »
Full disclosure, I have no business connection with Banner other than having accounts with them. Great bank.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 12:08:11 PM »

I was assuming that. Thanks for pointing that out. If you have a balance on your current mortgage, Banner will lend you up to 80%LTV, combined 1st and HELOC.

Would this be different than a bridge loan?
Maybe a better question is how is this different than a bridge loan?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2022, 12:28:48 PM »

Would this be different than a bridge loan?
Maybe a better question is how is this different than a bridge loan?

In this instance, the HELOC is being used as a bridge loan. A bridge loan normally has a time limit of six months to a year, whereas a HELOC does not. HELOC rates could be as much as 5% lower than a bridge (But over such a short term, the interest rate means little). Closing costs would likely also be lower on a HELOC

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2022, 12:44:44 PM »
10-4. Makes sense. Thanks.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 06:47:24 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter