collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Quality points being returned  (Read 5771 times)

Offline Buckinlucky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Quality points being returned
« on: April 14, 2022, 04:41:08 PM »
Just curious if anyone else is struggling to get their points back from last year after turning a tag back in. My brother had the Bethel Archery tag last year and with the fire he turned tag back into WDFW. This year WDFW is saying he has zero points but also have no proof of him drawing a tag last year. The person he talked to  told him that they don't know what fire he is talking about that there is no notes or record of a fire that closed that area down. WDFW is just amazing.

Offline bowguy

• bow guy
  • Scout
Re: Quality points being returned
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 05:04:23 PM »
This was from 2020 hope it helps

Offline bowhntr

• Tracker
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 06:27:50 PM »
I had no issues restoring mine for an antlerless permit.  They show up in the bonus points column after they are restored.

Offline ACCUBOND

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 07:04:56 PM »
What do you make of this? Read “H”

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 09:55:28 PM »
If from 2021, it shouldn’t matter if there was a fire or not. Subsection H posted above is the new rule that you can turn a tag back in for any reason, but it has to be done at least two weeks prior to the season.

Offline Hockman

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 08:00:49 AM »
I returned my Toutle Quality bull tag last year more than 2 weeks before the start of the hunt in accordance with the new return rule.  I got an email stating that the office was busy, but so long as I got the tag mailed in, my points would be restored.  That hasn't happened.  I'm still showing zero points for this year.  I kinda figured that's what would be the case.

Offline Fish4Fun

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 11:22:49 AM »
I returned the Bethel cow tag back last year and the points were returned.

Offline bugs n bones

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WSTA, NRA, SCI
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 12:37:41 PM »
I returned my Toutle Quality bull tag last year more than 2 weeks before the start of the hunt in accordance with the new return rule.  I got an email stating that the office was busy, but so long as I got the tag mailed in, my points would be restored.  That hasn't happened.  I'm still showing zero points for this year.  I kinda figured that's what would be the case.
id call them

Offline Berin Denson

• Tracker
    • N/A
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 01:24:58 PM »
id call them
agree with bugs and bones.  Get on a phone call with them and raise holy hell, do it with professionalism, of course; however, demand your points back.  Do NOT take no for an answer.  This is your investment you are protecting, you have every right to be discouraged. 

Offline JustinC

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tracker
    • https://www.facebook.com/CrossleyJustin
    • Rokslide
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2022, 06:58:23 AM »
I returned my Tucannon quality elk tag last year and have the correct number of points when I log in. I don't remember the exact process but I followed what they told me to do and it was painless.

Now I just have to pray I can draw another great tag in my lifetime.....
Assistant Editor at Rokslide

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2022, 07:11:55 AM »
I returned my Tucannon quality elk tag last year and have the correct number of points when I log in. I don't remember the exact process but I followed what they told me to do and it was painless.

ouch!!!!! That’s an OIL tag anymore, why did you turn it in??
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2022, 06:46:18 PM »
I returned my Tucannon quality elk tag last year

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!  WOW!!!!!  That is all I can say and imagine!!!!  WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!  I will bet my left (you know what) that you will never see that tag again in your lifetime!  WOW!!! again.  If you could, (and you cant) you could sell that tag for over $50,000.  I hope you are kidding.  Please tell me you are!!!  I guess there must be some reason or scenario but I just cant think of what that could possibly be.  Good luck and I hope you get a second chance!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 06:52:48 PM by dvolmer »
Zonk Volmer

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2022, 07:37:56 PM »
Pretty good fire season last year in that area. Probably a good guess as to why that tag was returned.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2022, 08:20:39 PM »
Pretty good fire season last year in that area. Probably a good guess as to why that tag was returned.
  We drew 4 big bull permits in the Dayton unit in 2006. Worst fire that year in decades. We worried about the fire damage.  We had the hunt of a lifetime. Shot a 398 inch non-typical 7x8 and a 360 inch typical 6x6 in land that was so burned it looked like the face of the moon.  Dayton and Tucannon bull tags are something 99.9% of hunters will never draw no matter how many points you have or no matter how long you live.  The worst year in the world isn’t worth giving up that tag. You will never see it again.
Zonk Volmer

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2022, 08:32:59 PM »
Pretty sure most of the USFS and State ground was closed during archery hunting. Or right up to that point.
Gambling a lifetime of points isn’t worth it. At least to me.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2022, 08:33:54 PM »
  We drew 4 big bull permits in the Dayton unit in 2006. Worst fire that year in decades. We worried about the fire damage.  We had the hunt of a lifetime. Shot a 398 inch non-typical 7x8 and a 360 inch typical 6x6 in land that was so burned it looked like the face of the moon.  Dayton and Tucannon bull tags are something 99.9% of hunters will never draw no matter how many points you have or no matter how long you live.  The worst year in the world isn’t worth giving up that tag. You will never see it again.
I'm guessing his was an archery tag and that yours was a rifle tag.  Big difference.  Holding on to your archery tag and then having much/all/lots of the unit physically closed is a way higher risk of not even getting to hunt AND losing your points.  Oct/Nov rifle tag...fires are probably only a big help and zero risk of being shut out of the hunt.  Still a tough choice to make given how hard the tags are to draw.   
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2022, 09:36:46 PM »
I'm guessing his was an archery tag and that yours was a rifle tag.  Big difference.  Holding on to your archery tag and then having much/all/lots of the unit physically closed is a way higher risk of not even getting to hunt AND losing your points.  Oct/Nov rifle tag...fires are probably only a big help and zero risk of being shut out of the hunt.  Still a tough choice to make given how hard the tags are to draw.   
Understandable I guess.  Still wont see it again.
Zonk Volmer

Offline JustinC

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tracker
    • https://www.facebook.com/CrossleyJustin
    • Rokslide
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2022, 08:51:40 AM »

The entire Tucannon was closed for fires so I didn't have a choice. I was extremely disappointed but it's the second time I've drawn the tag so I'll live.

The last time I drew was in 2015 when my brother and I drew as a group. Only four out of the seven tag holders kept their tags that year due to fires. I believe we were the only two who filled our archery tags. We killed really nice bulls on day 19 and day 21 of the hunt. It was an awesome hunt.
Assistant Editor at Rokslide

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2022, 02:09:52 PM »

The entire Tucannon was closed for fires so I didn't have a choice. I was extremely disappointed but it's the second time I've drawn the tag so I'll live.

The last time I drew was in 2015 when my brother and I drew as a group. Only four out of the seven tag holders kept their tags that year due to fires. I believe we were the only two who filled our archery tags. We killed really nice bulls on day 19 and day 21 of the hunt. It was an awesome hunt.
. That’s to bad!  Sorry, I didn’t even think of archery.
Zonk Volmer

Offline Buckinlucky

• Tracker
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2022, 02:25:56 PM »
Well after several attempts of getting ahold of wdfw he was able to get in touch with the right person and points are restored. Yes tag is a very hard to draw for sure but with the fires and the closure that was in place it wasn’t going to be worth hunting. He also had zero time to scout since I diagnosed with cancer and had to have surgery. After the surgery I had to live with him until September as I was unable to walk then. Luckily with a lot of pt and hard work I have gained my legs back and on my own. So im hoping he is as blessed as me and will draw that tag again very shortly! At least it is a step in the right direction that he got the points restored!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:04:10 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]