collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Avian Influenza Outbreak 2022  (Read 2518 times)

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Avian Influenza Outbreak 2022
« on: June 06, 2022, 04:17:30 PM »
Anyone seen any sign of this in WA? Saw a drake mallard wandering around in traffic this morning...he was acting real strange. A person had to get out of their car and chase him off. And even then he flew real low and almost into another vehicle.

Not sure if general disorientation and weird behavior is a symptom but I wouldn't be surprised.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Avian Influenza Outbreak 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 04:35:42 PM »
It's been confirmed in random places all over Washington state. Domestic waterfowl flocks getting culled if it's confirmed.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/avianflu/data-map-commercial.html
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 05:14:04 PM »
Hmm well this was part of a small flock that hangs out in a nearby apartment complex pond. Not really a domestic flock. I reported it through the fillable form.

Offline RobinHoodlum

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 08:15:56 PM »
I'm on the falconry distribution list with WDFW. To keep falconers informed, so they can monitor and protect their hunting birds and pigeon lofts, last week the falconry coordinator sent a list of confirmed cases in wild birds. It included scattered hits in various counties in raptors, waterfowl and corvids. 

Offline HUNTIN4SIX

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • My wife loves me.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 09:03:44 PM »
These cases are so random it does not make sense to me?  I know nothing about this bird flu.  The little research I had done says about 1000 humans get infected in the is every year and it very treatable.  Are we losing flocks at a alarming rate?  Almost smells like another panic plandemic?  I did hear a case over in Spokane where 1 bird died of the flu and the gooberment came in and euthanized every flock within a mile?  Not sure if that’s true.

Offline 3boys

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 09:20:44 PM »
These cases are so random it does not make sense to me?  I know nothing about this bird flu.  The little research I had done says about 1000 humans get infected in the is every year and it very treatable.  Are we losing flocks at a alarming rate?  Almost smells like another panic plandemic?  I did hear a case over in Spokane where 1 bird died of the flu and the gooberment came in and euthanized every flock within a mile?  Not sure if that’s true.
I deal with the fallout daily. Huge shortages of eggs and egg products and pricing that has more than doubled. One farm in the Midwest put down 5 million chickens due to AI.

Offline HUNTIN4SIX

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • My wife loves me.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 09:26:29 PM »
I deal with the fallout daily. Huge shortages of eggs and egg products and pricing that has more than doubled. One farm in the Midwest put down 5 million chickens due to AI.
Kinda seems like the goal   :dunno:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2022, 09:15:34 AM »

Wanna see something more random?
https://arba.net/arba-rhd-policy/

Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease.
It pops up totally randomly at any place in the country for no apparent reason. We had it here over on Whidbey Island 2-3 years ago after it was spreading up on Vancouver Island. It killed most of the feral domestic rabbits up there and wasn't affecting wild rabbits. Now it's mutated or whatever and is killing wild rabbits and domestics. It just randomly popped up at a rabbit rescue over in the Seattle area after we didn't see it here at all in 2 years. Cancelled a 4-H show on us this weekend. Other random locations around the country with no explanation how it got there.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 10:51:39 AM »
We were fishing Bonnie Lake a few weeks back and there were dead gosling's all over the island. At least 5 or 6 of them in different places.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand